UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man 1 and 2 didn't really have full scripts, just outlines. A lot of the scenes and dialogue were improvised between Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau.

So did the last couple Marvel movies change much from the draft scripts that you saw early in the film's production?

I started in May 2011, so I didn't read Thor or Captain America. And I didn't read The Avengers or Amazing Spider-Man. I don'' think anyone has read The Wolverine. But I do know that Whiplash got his suit of armor very late in the game in Iron Man 2, which is why nobody made him.

Thanks for the info Zach, the Whiplash armor absence makes total sense now.

So are we going to find out anymore info on the "extended" box set soon or is that going to be late April like the embargoed 'mates in the TRU packs?

Thanks for the info Zach, the Whiplash armor absence makes total sense now.

So are we going to find out anymore info on the "extended" box set soon or is that going to be late April like the embargoed 'mates in the TRU packs?

It isn't embargoed, but I need to see when they want to announce it.

Looks like Marvel didn't like that one, they yanked it.

I'm going to throw my guess out there that the Extended Box set is a Disney Store exclusive, I'm loving that Disney has jumped on the Minimate train.

Edited by Zylek

Picked up the cardboard playset from Funko. Haven't put it together yet, but it looks in scale with minimates. @ 7.99 it is worth picking up. Might pick up a second and third to "build" a hall of armor. tried scanning it but the contrast was a little off.

Picked up the cardboard playset from Funko. Haven't put it together yet, but it looks in scale with minimates. @ 7.99 it is worth picking up. Might pick up a second and third to "build" a hall of armor. tried scanning it but the contrast was a little off.

Playset?

Oh, and regarding the new tv spot: Sqeeeeeeese!

Edited by Onyx_6

New Iron Man trailer just played on NBC showing Pepper in armor! Tony "threw" the armor onto her and she then had to "Rescue" him from the attack on the lab.

spoiler tags dude... did not want to read this >_<

Easy fix pioad, just use the built in tags.

{spoiler}what you want to hide{/spoiler}

but replace the curly brackets with the straight ones [

and it comes out like this

Hello

Edited by kaipo

And yet you did not fix it.

http://www.artasylum.com/2013/03/iron-man-3-minimates-get-suited-up-in-high-tech-packaging/

Package shots up. Um... 8 figures? Zach, what's up with 8 figures? Where's the variant and the double army builder? Seriously. I have some major concerns about that "Cowboy Tony and Achilles Heel" two pack. Two very boring and unknown civie mates? And if their scene gets trimmed at all (Like IM2 NYCC Natasha and Tony did) then that will be a serious peg warmer. Maybe not the best idea.

The Mark 42 looks so much better than the footage we've seen though. Nice shiney gold instead of that ocher puke yellow.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Geez Dino, did you forget your meds? Seems like you're uber-negative lately. Zach revealed a long time ago that there wouldn't be traditional "army-building" with this wave, but that the Extremis Soldier is shared with the TRU wave that is yet to be revealed.

I like the packaging, but what's up with the prominent "Avengers Initiative" branding? Hmmm...

Considering the amount of stuff being spoiled all over this thread, I think it's a bit much to get worked up about one new detail. All I do in this thread is scroll until I see pics or links, otherwise I'd know way too much about this movie.

Geez Dino, did you forget your meds? Seems like you're uber-negative lately. Zach revealed a long time ago that there wouldn't be traditional "army-building" with this wave, but that the Extremis Soldier is shared with the TRU wave that is yet to be revealed.

Nah, my life just hasn't been going anywhere lately. Sorry y'all, I'll try to keep it down.

And I must have missed that somewhere. Whoops.

Considering the amount of stuff being spoiled all over this thread, I think it's a bit much to get worked up about one new detail. All I do in this thread is scroll until I see pics or links, otherwise I'd know way too much about this movie.

^I share this method of lurking. Also, I really love the final metallic painting of the suits. It makes me THAT much more excited for the extended box set(By the way Zach, if you'd like to reveal that today..I would be okay with that. I'm trying to see how poor I'll be in April.). I think I would be more into the civie characters if I knew who they were. Can someone fill me in on who Maya and Aldrich are? It kills the packs for me simply because I can't get behind their stories.