UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

Okay... So 49 is Marvel Now, does that make 51 the IM3 wave?
It's actually looking like they will trade places. Making this thread due for a name change.
I was serious. 49 is IM3. 49 and 50 will solicit next month.

So - with Marvel Now being shunted back to 51 and IM3 taking centre stage, it's officially time to start taking bets on who we'll be seeing in Wave 49.

We've seen film images of a very gold looking Iron Man, War Machine doing his best Norman Osborn impression & Ben Kindsley dressed up as Ming the Merciless Mandarin.

It's probably a reasonable bet that we'll see these three as minimates, but who else is gonna round out the wave? Do we think there might be another Pepper Potts with a Rescue Variant?

Ladies and gentlemen, the floor is yours...

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shift in waves makes much more sense than trying to fit an IM3 in after the theatrical release.

Here is my guess:

LCS Wave:

- Iron Man MK 47 / Mandarin

- War Machine 2.0 / Eric Savin (Coldblood?)

- Pepper Potts/Rescue / A.I.M. Soldier Army Builder

- Dr. Aldrich Killian (Variant) / A.I.M. Soldier Army Builder

TRU Wave:

- Iron Man MK 47 / Mandarin

- War Machine 2.0 / Eric Savin (Coldblood?)

- Battle Damaged Iron Man MK ? / Firepower

- Another Iron Man MK Armor / Chen Lu (Radioactive Man)?

Edited by youbastards

Did I miss an official rumor putting AIM and Dr. Lu into this one?

Andy Lau was cast as a scientist, but he dropped out before filming started. I think the internet collectively assumed this was for Dr. Lu, but it could just have been internet rumors.

A.I.M. is just my guess, it makes sense as an army builder, and it is time they are introduced in the Marvel film universe. The Army Builder for this wave could just as easily be "10 Rings Soldier". :huh:

Zach, if you are reading this, the Army Dumps need to come back. That was the only thing the Avengers 'mates were missing, a Chitauri/SHIELD dump with chase Bruce Banner.

Wait, we now have a new thread to talk about Iron Man 3 minimates, which is wave 49, because that thread turned into one for Marvel Now, which was going to be wave 49, but will now be wave 51, and is also the de facto "let's have the Squadron Supreme for wave 52" thread? *head explodes*

brief 616 A.I.M. history time.

A.I.M. was originally a part of the "Them" conspiracy that also included Hydra and the Secret Empire. It was the science arm of the organization, responsible for expanding on Nazi super science and outfitting Hydra with all their early weapons. But unlike Hydra or the Empire, AIM also did legitimate business as a technology company and weapons maker. They did business with the US government and tried using political pressure to fire Nick Fury and re-outfit S.H.I.E.L.D. with A.I.M. tech as their first step to remaking the organization into their purposes. Of course Nick, Tony, and the gang publicly proved A.I.M.'s criminal ties, and gave the bee-keepers of techno-doom their first real good whuppin'. Not long after the ultimate leader of Them, Baron Strucker, cut ties with both A.I.M. and the S.E., and Hydra went it alone. Since A.I.M. fought Hydra for years for the world's top evil army, this proved to be one of the Baron's dumber decisions. A.I.M. and Hydra did not make peace until the reborn Red Skull began funding both organizations. In several alternate futures, A.I.M. manages to re-legitimize itself in the public eye and drops its shadow conspiracy persona.

So given that, A.I.M. makes since as an evil corporate entity with shady ties in the 199999, maybe even with modern Hydra remnants and the Ten Rings terror group.

But given it's an Iron Man movie, I'd rather see Roxxon Energy/Oil as the business rival, but that's purely cause I'm of that era.

The schedules looking pretty tight in the LCS waves, assuming we factor in the upcoming Marvel Movies. I think any IM3 comic tie-ins will most likely come in the TRU waves or in Con box-sets.

I just wanna know what comic Iron Man stuff they'll release at the same time. Movie stuff is fun to watch and I like getting some of the figures.

... but it's the comic stuff that I wanna see! :D

I'm with you on that one! The movie's are great but as much as anything because they give me hope for seeing more comic based supporting cast/villains for the likes of iron man and thor.

Maybe we could see a mixed wave? A few movie figures with a few comics ones? After all (and I know this is going to spark long lists of Iron Man characters not made into 'mates from Miry and Mystery Man :lol:), we've already gotten a lot or Iron Man related characters. I'd be very happy to see more IM bad guys like Blacklash and Madame Masque, but I don't know if another IM comics wave is needed.

And the Melter, and the Living Laser, and Firebrand, and Cord's Raiders, and Firepower, and Detroit Steel, and the current Whiplash, and Count Nerafia, and Unicorn, and ...