UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

emperorshotz designs (7/19/17 - Polaris Minimate Collection)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha

I'd need some extras of that, though. I used my only one for Dove. :confused:

Whose face did you use for Banshee?

Which piece is that? I'm assuming it's a convention exclusive.

For Banshee I used a First Class Angel head. Seemed appropriate, for some reason. I could have painted the mouth black to give it more of an "open"/scream feel, I suppose.

Yeah, I used the back shot, because the chest says "Wizard World Tour" (which is easily removable on the figure, but for posting-pic-from-work purposes, I don't have access to Photoshop). 2005 Texas.

Someone here hooked me up with a bunch of the blank promos, for which I will always be grateful. :)

Help yourself, DocEndo!

Today I finished the Summers boys at two very different times in their lives:

X-Factor Cyclops v2.0 (My favorite)

xfactorcyke.jpg

Man, white paint is a pain in the butt. I have to do another coat in places, but I wanted to put this guy up. Reminds me of the original ToyBiz Cyclops from the early 90's which I loved to DEATH.

and Uncanny Avengers Havok:

avhavok.jpg

Pretty simple-- I was trying to hold out until the Marvel NOW! lines were released (hoping for an Uncanny Avengers boxset! Rogue, Havok, Wasp, Sunfire!) but after just getting a Havok in W47 I figured it'd be awhile until we saw another so just whipped this guy up quickly.

---

Last edit:

I keep thinking I'm done for the day, but man, I've had a lot of ideas. This has been the most productive day off I've had in a while.

Just added some detail to my Nightcrawler and thought I'd post him since I haven't before.

nightcrawlerangry.jpg

Edited by emperorshotz

Glad everyone is liking what I'm putting out so far. This next update came together quite nicely, and I'm pretty proud of.

Without further ado, I give you:

THE SPICE GIRLS!!!

Oh, wait, no, I mean the other forgotten-yet-loved hit sensation of the 90's:

GENERATION X!

emmagenx.jpg

Emma Frost, headmistress. Carved the blazer/coat from a Curt Conners ASM labcoat, including coattails in the back.

Chambergenx.jpg

Chamber

Mgenx.jpg

M

skingenx.jpg

Skin

jubileegenx.jpg

Jubilee

huskgenx.jpg

Husk

Mondogenx.jpg

Mondo

Synchgenx.jpg

Synch

Penancegenx.jpg

Penance

---

Just waiting on a Heroes to the Rescue blue/gold Wolvie to make my Banshee figure and then I'm taking a team shot. This project took about three weeks in terms of parts gathering/painting/assembling and I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out for the most part.

Just gotta kick my butt into high gear to plow through the remaining X-Factor and "Road Trip" X-Force stuff I want to finish and I'll be all 90's-ed out!

Edited by emperorshotz

Can't wait to see your road trip X-Force. Adam Pollina was doing some great work on the book at that time. Great work on the others too!

It's funny, because these guys have been on my to-do list for so long, and yet I keep getting distracted. By far my favorite X-Force lineup and his work on the book was so superb that I guess I'm biding my time to properly do it justice.

Here are three other projects that had been collecting dust on my work bench:

SheHulk80s.jpg

Classic She-Hulk

BlackKnight.jpg

Black Knight

DarkPhoenixCyke.jpg

Dark Phoenix Cyclops