UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Did somebody say 'Secret Santa 2012'?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that it's December, I can share my Secret Santa gift! Yup, I received my gift earlier this week, which means my Secret Santa should be a "Most Prepared" award, and I feel horrible for not being ready to mail mine yet.

Anyway, I wasn't going to wait until Christmas to open it, so here's what I got:

post-66-0-40743700-1354394742_thumb.jpg

That's a whole mess of Minimates, including a great White Tiger / Hand Ninja set, the first Dan Slott Spider-Man collection, and some peanut butter M&M (which were delicious). As for who my Secret Santa is, it was easy to guess, considering he put a handful of MiniJeff customized Minimates in his gift. Thanks a lot, Jeff!

Now that it's December, I can share my Secret Santa gift! Yup, I received my gift earlier this week, which means my Secret Santa should be a "Most Prepared" award, and I feel horrible for not being ready to mail mine yet.

Anyway, I wasn't going to wait until Christmas to open it, so here's what I got:

post-66-0-40743700-1354394742_thumb.jpg

That's a whole mess of Minimates, including a great White Tiger / Hand Ninja set, the first Dan Slott Spider-Man collection, and some peanut butter M&M (which were delicious). As for who my Secret Santa is, it was easy to guess, considering he put a handful of MiniJeff customized Minimates in his gift. Thanks a lot, Jeff!

Right on! glad they made it! I was starting to get worried. Yes I was on top of things this year, mainly got lucky with having a bunch of what you asked for on hand...and of course I had to throw in some of the MJP mates too! Those peanut butter M&Ms almost didnt make it into the package mate lol! anyways, glad you liked the gift pack and hope you and yours have a great Christmas!

Jeff of the Minis

Pretty impressive gift you received, Boyd! And I like how you included your "note", Jeff. Looking forward to see the next packages arriving.

Thanks Bob...I have been including some of these left overs in packages I ship out for fun!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I got my present in the mail today, my secret santa went all out! :highfive2:

I opened the package to find a MOC Fantomex/Negative Man set, loose UXF Psylocke, UXF Archangel, Dark Beast, Creature from the Black Lagoon, a Modern Thor Halmark ornament, and some cool marvel trinkets! I got super excited about the UXF mates, now i'm only a Deadpool away from finishing the team!

As if this wasn't enough, my secret santa also included a grocery bag FULL of early Marvel and C3 parts, and i mean full. There was probably enough to complete 25 mates in there.

Finally I found a franken-mate and instructions to go to a website to receive my final gift! It took me here, where my secret santa created a story about the making of my franken-mate! I thought he was cool before, but this made him something special. :biggrin:

photobucket-29501-1354827451176.jpg

Now I didn't recognize the return address, so I had to do some investigating. The crazy doctor from the story looked very familiar, and then I remembered seeing it as someone's Hunt Mate a few years ago. So I did some searching, and found it to be created by vbpanizzi. Thanks man!

blacksun1520

Bob Harris

Boyd

DaveOMac

Eclipse

Hav

homestar17

jcastic

jjwspider

Kostifire

Lobsterman

luke314pi

Mattallica

minijeff

Minimadman

MsMarvel fan

MysteryMan

Nessex

Pappymojo

pk13

Punisher

SuperChefMate

TheSpiderX

TM2 Dinobot

Undeadpool

vbpanizzi

If you want to see, just highlight the above text. I hope that helps.

So I received a bubble mailer today with no return address. At first, I was all "I haven't traded or bought anything lately, so what gives?" Then I opened it & saw the very little hint (I sing). If I hadn't seen the postage label from Alabama (& the coded way the hint was printed), I would have been stumped. Thanks, Hav! Very clever of you. :)

In my package was the Lego collectibles bunny guy & the blue cheerleader that I wanted, along with evil Ryu (whose face tampo is straight on -- most I've seen are off a bit).

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

I received my gift on Friday but wasn't able to open it up until today. What greeted me? Several Universal Monsters 2 packs that will be the start of that collection and Chuck, the tree chopping elf and his axe, "Splinter"! Chuck is my first custom 'mate and is roughly 725% awesome! Not only does Chuck chop trees, he's been modded to hang from them as well. Which is exactly what Chuck will be doing this Christmas!

I'm still pretty new here so I don't have a lot to go off of as far as guessing who gave the sweetness that is Chuck and his monster pals to me. Crossing out the names that have been revealed so far and cross checking the zip code on the package against the locations of the members that participated has led me to believe that it was blacksun1520 that made Chuck a new part of my Christmas tradition. So that's my guess, and a huge thanks to blacksun1520 if I'm right. But if I'm wrong, the thanks is no less huge to whoever sent my gift. Cause Chuck and the monsters are freaking sweet.

Edited by pk13

Glad you like the gift pk! I wish I had waited a bit longer to send them to you though, I was hunting my local TRU for the Bride of Frankenstein pack when I picked up the others, I knew they had one left, but no luck. Then I stopped in yesterday and guess what I found :rolleyes: Oh well, you got a nice start to the UM collection. Oh, and here's a pic of Chuck for those interested:

2012SScard.jpg

Edited by blacksun1520

So here we go, my documented opening of my Secret Santa gift:

1. IMG_20121207_142442.jpg

I opened the package and found a letter from my Santa and the Minimate Collector's Case! Very cool!

But notice that it is kinda heavy.........hhmmm....

2. IMG_20121207_142511.jpg

3. IMG_20121207_142532.jpg

4. IMG_20121207_142731.jpg

Needless to say, I was quite surprised!

5. IMG_20121207_143433.jpg

So layer one included - Mega Man Zero, Aunt May, Hale Caesar, Red Hulk, Glow in the Dark Pirate, Mr. Church, Little Red, Alice, Ken, Juggernaut, Zangief, Poison.

Plus many delicious candies!

6. IMG_20121207_143542.jpg

Short Candy Break

7. IMG_20121207_143805.jpg

Uh oh.....That's Not candy!!

8. IMG_20121207_144033.jpg

Oh Crap.....I've lost control.......Kit Kats, Rolos and the Pure joy of opening tiny gifts.....Unstoppable now!!!

9. IMG_20121207_144255.jpg

And here is what layer two consisted of - Medusa, Meggan, Tool, Lee Christmas, Anne Bonny, Cammy, Captain Britain, Stealth Ironman (MvC3), Nightcrawler, SHIELD Agent, Morrigan, Sam Haim and Guile.

10. IMG_20121207_144322.jpg

Super stoked and totally exhausted from such an awesome gift!!

Needless to say, I am completely blown away from this gift!!! I was truly speechless after opening the package initially but after all this....there just aren't any words. To say thank you a million times over would just be the tip of the iceberg showing my gratitude for this gift.

If my guess is right, Many Thank yous to Lobsterman but if I am incorrect my guessing continues as well as my thank yous!!!