UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dynamic Duo Customizing Contest

luke314pi

Hahah! I guess there's no problem. What I really like is how the sets differ. The first set is more in line with the heavily sculpted series like Battle Beasts, and the second set would fit more into regular lines like Marvel (some Iron Men excluded) etc. Anyway, very cool! :tongue:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ant man mikebit, you should do a write up on how to make him.( hint hint :whistling: )

I echo bob on the two Sam & Max's, it's always fun to see different interpretations of the same characters. Aethyr - where did those feet come from?

Mikebit, I salute you for sacrificing a MAX statue for this contest. Some brass ones on this guy! :lol:

--EDIT-- Jesus, hand assembled from sheet styrene? You are crazy! :highfive2: --

Well done everyone!

Here's my entry:

havokpolaris.jpg

Modern (well, sort of modern I guess) Havok and Polaris

From their late-2000's run with the Starjammers.

Edited by Lobsterman

Wowsa! Very nice. Polaris' hair is spot on. :highfive2: And i love Havoks power-blasts. What are they made from?

I really wish we'd gotten a Starjammers era Havok & Polaris when they were still about. We probably wont see them in minimate form now that they are sporting such different looks.

Edited by Nessex

Holy... Hand carved? From sheet and rod? That's worth a thread of explanation there Mike.

Okay, I set a goal for myself that I would enter at least one contest on here this year.

I have been toying with this idea and even when I asked about it to someone whom I do value their opinion, I still decided to go for this idea. I could not get it out of my head. I am a huge fan of the television show so I had to make my version of the two main characters.

I present to you:

UncleMilesampCharlie.jpg

Miles Matheson and Charlie Matheson

from ABC's "Revolution".

MilesampCharlie.jpg

While I know my entry may not win, I did reach my goal of submitting an entry.

I have seen many wonderful entries in this contest and I am not sure who I would vote for at this time, but I wish everyone the best of luck.

I know my camera is not the best so I apologize for the poor quality images.

Thank you.

Edited by Captain Paco

Thanks Hellpop! I'm still pretty bitter abount the whole identity crisis thing myself. I'll never get why anyone thought making those two "dark" was a good idea. Oh well, plenty of old stories to reread I suppose.

Tenmine: Hawk and Dove look spot on. They really could pass for official mates.

Paco: I'm not familiar with the show, but those customs look pretty cool!

Well it took me longer to get my entry in than I expected, but here it is (sorry for the not so great shots, I had to take hese with my phone at work) :

My duo is Sweet and Sour!

I made sweet strawberry and sour green apple gummy Minimates.

post-6732-0-88319200-1355031852_thumb.jp

post-6732-0-06400700-1355031884_thumb.jp

post-6732-0-53061500-1355031896_thumb.jp

Some really great entries overall, this was fun.

Edited by SuperChefMate