UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disney buys Lucasfilm, starts planning Star Wars Episode 7

luke314pi

No Expanded Universe at all.

On the one hand, I am relieved, because they're not going to frack up my beloved Expanded Universe.

On the other, I just can't bring myself to care. I don't know how to feel. There's no contingency plan for this. At least with Lucas I was consistent in my hatred, and aside from screwing up the Mandalorians just to piss off the fans, he generally left the EU alone. But this...

IDK. Maybe a movie focusing on the Empire, or other characters. It can take place inside SW without focusing on Hal, Leia, Luke or the Jedi. A Rogue Squadron movie maybe? But that's back to the EU.

Aside from darth vader and obi wan i prefer the EU to the movies.In the next trilogy i'd prefer to see a movie focusing more on the empire,boba,the mandalorians,the troopers and the sith.A kotor movie would be better after a trilogy which expands the events after rotj.

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this a cuple days ago(Im a HUGE starwars fan)

I was like: SAY WHAT?!

Star wars 7?! Only 3 years from now ! Im going to be in collage for the movie.....But how Im going to be independalble,Im going to watch the movie 3 times on theaters.

EDIT: I hope disney dosnt make a stupid musical out of it...Or make star wars suck bad as hanna montana <_<

I am not really interested in an Episode 7, also known as, "Ok, we defeated the Empire, now what?!". I'd rather see stories that reveal more about some of the beloved characters like Boba Fett and Obi Wan. Lets face it, Star Wars Episodes 1-6 were about Darth Vader's rise and fall. Lets move on and tell the tale of Jango, Darth Sidious, or Governor/Grand Moff Tarkin.

I am not really interested in an Episode 7, also known as, "Ok, we defeated the Empire, now what?!". I'd rather see stories that reveal more about some of the beloved characters like Boba Fett and Obi Wan. Lets face it, Star Wars Episodes 1-6 were about Darth Vader's rise and fall. Lets move on and tell the tale of Jango, Darth Sidious, or Governor/Grand Moff Tarkin.

+1

What are you talking about? The most important character is The Droid from Tatooine. And looking at it all through C3P0's eyes, I think we're headed for another droid uprising. I mean, this guy's seen it bad. Created by a slave only to be slave, he was left without a shell, a half droid, on his harsh homeworld. The prodigal master returns only to kidnap his creation and take him to the battleground of Geonosis, where Threepio is further abused, but for the briefest moment gets to feel a body capable of moving it's elbows and knees. Then he is unwillfully thrust further into the combat, resulting in the eventual erasing of his memory. Decades later, he again finds himself on the run for crimes he didn't commit. He's hated and feared even by the seediest bartenders in the galaxy. Then he is blasted into pieces. He's revived only to be manhandled by a screaming, angry bear. After he's finally put back together, he is again reminded of his slave heritage as he is "given" to Jabba the Hutt. His former masters then kill his new owner, and reclaim him as the spoils of war. He is then taken to a dense forest world where he is forced to make contact with a savage species. He finally finds peace among those savages, impressing them with his story telling abilities. Needless to say, his cruel masters have other plans, once again bringing destruction to the droid's short-lived peace.

I see Episode 7 as being Threepio's chance to strike back against the galaxy that hated, feared, enslaved, used, and abused him. And that back-talking, spineless human-apologist R2D2 will be the first to face... The Fists of Goldenrod.

Or I would like to see a further telling of the concepts, not necessarily the characters.

I think all this will be initiated by 3PO getting back his lost memory of the prequels, which will obviously drive him insane and send him on a rampage. Looking forward to the scene where he dismembers a Wookie and starts wearing him in a backpack.

I'm sure episode seven will focus on a little known Jedi survivor of the Clone Wars the indestructible experiment 626 and his padawan Lilo. They are of course assisted by the smuggler Rocket Raccoon and his towering sidekick Groot. Naturally they'll be joined by nameless kid (true identity to be revealed in episode nine) wearing mismatched Mandalorian armor and his two droids C-3PO and R2-D2.

Frankly, I'm more frightened of the prospect of "It's a Small Universe" ride with singing Ewoks, Wookies, and Gungans.

Honesty guys, the new movie may not be Episode VII as much as it is the 7th SW movie. They could go back and fill in some stories anywhere in the universe. A small time Firefly-like trade ship, caught in the middle of the Rebellion's struggle against the (over evilized) Empire. The gaps between 3 and 4. It doesn't straight up mean a continuation of the same story, but rather a movie taking place somewhere sometime in the SW universe. 181st vs Rogue Squadron anyone?

EDIT: I hope disney dosnt make a stupid musical out of it...Or make star wars suck bad as hanna montana <_<

Well given Avengers had like 9 musicals and retconned Black Widow to be long lost Princess and JARVIS to be a singing teapot I think it’s a pretty safe bet that’s exactly what’s going to happen

(seriously, Disney does make other movies then just ‘princess musicals’)

although speaking of musicals, Since there’s going to be a “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel” I’m going to hold out hope a Star Wars crossover is coming soon too, that’s gonna pretty swank!

a little over a year ago, i sold a giant bin of Lego's to guy who worked for Disney, he gave me a card and later sent me some free Disney Land tickets (so i feel he was legit) but when he saw my collection of batman comics...he talked about a deal Disney was working on, and how they planned to acquire DC...so...i dont know how reliable this is but...it seems Disney is really going for it

could someone explain the logic behind Disney + Lucasfilm = Star Wars Minimates?

I just don't see it happening.

You just don't see the full formula.

Disney + Lucasfilm + extremely wishful thinking = Star Wars Minimates :D