UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disney buys Lucasfilm, starts planning Star Wars Episode 7

luke314pi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read about it.Also star wars minimates!Think about it: We have marvel mates which is owned by disney which now owns star wars sooo....star wars mates by 2015!Imagine if we get dc minimates too!This is pure speculation but if this is true screw 2012,2015 will be the best!!

I hope they make a kotor movie.And again,i hope they make sw mates.I should really make that my new signature.

Okay this got really weird.I was talking to my friend this morning about how disney is becoming more and more powerful and joked about disney buying star wars,marvel,dc,sony,nintendo,microsoft.Well,it's halloween i guess and creepy things happen.

Edited by Kostisfire

I'm stunned by this. How can there be an episode 7? All the principal actors are too old to reprise their roles now.

Seriously. If Leia got captured by the Hutts again, Han and Luke wouldn't know how to tell her apart from her jailers.

I'm stunned by this. How can there be an episode 7? All the principal actors are too old to reprise their roles now.

Seriously. If Leia got captured by the Hutts again, Han and Luke wouldn't know how to tell her apart from her jailers.

I'd personally love it if they went Pixar for 7, 8 & 9. I'm sure Mark Hamill is up for a little Luke voice acting. :)

Another thought: Lucas was too stubborn to release the original version of the OT on blu-ray. Disney likes money. Seems like an easy way to cash in right there.

According to Bleeding Cool this deal doesn't include distribution rights for the OT or the prequels, they're still under Fox, who do whatever Lucas wants.

the thought of a new star wars film with uncle george at the helm, well frankly it makes me wanna gouge out my eyeballs. but some new blood and creative vision even if the base scripts were penned by george whenever might be a really good thing.I have a distinct memory of an interview with lucas saying the third trilogy was planned to be filmed once the original actors had aged naturally as the story was set long after the fall of the empire.

Another thought: Lucas was too stubborn to release the original version of the OT on blu-ray. Disney likes money. Seems like an easy way to cash in right there.

According to Bleeding Cool this deal doesn't include distribution rights for the OT or the prequels, they're still under Fox, who do whatever Lucas wants.

They spent $4 billion and didn't get the rights to the movies? Madness.

Agreed. The one good thing I foresaw with this was getting the OT in Blu Ray, since I don't really care what they do with the franchise in terms of new movies/TV shows/whatever. Oh, well. Will set expectations low, and will maybe be pleasantly surprised with whatever comes of it.

This is one of those stories that seems like a wind up, regardless of now many sites report it, or checking what date it isn't...

... a new Lucasless trilogy sounds exciting enough at the moment, would love to see (at very least) Mark Hammill return as an old Jedi Master... I think I like the sound of that, maybe.