UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles is doing Q&As now

hellpop

http://www.dccomics....es-october-24th

No email address that I can see, but they are allowing people to ask questions on Facebook. I would suggest to EVERYONE that has a Facebook account and wants to see DC Minimates return to ask THESE GUYS and leave poor Chuck alone. Perhaps. if we can get enough of a campaign going, they'll actually investigate the possibility.

:batmanblue::robin::superman:

Edited by hellpop

I'd rather see DST get the DC license through WBCP, just like Mezco has with their Mez-Itz. The third-party deal didn't work with DC Direct and I have no reason to believe it will work any better now under DC Collectibles. The profit margin simply isn't there and I'm pretty sure the line wouldn't be able to be sold into the mass market, just to specialty.

That said, I think fans should flood TRU's customer service inbox with requests for DC Minimates. In my professional experience, nothing gets a licensor's attention better than a major retailer requesting a specific product. It's a guaranteed sale. If TRU sees the demand, they'll task WBCP to find a way to make it happen.

Have fun storming the castle!

So do we flood both tru and dc? Works for me. Ok,from now on we are in war (kinda),flood both tru and dc and by Christmas our wish shall be fulfilled (I hope so)!! Well,thor's did (I was looking at all of the shots from the minibar and stumbled upon a shot which depicted Thor writing a letter to Santa asking for a kang Minimate).

Is a flood really necessary? You guys remember Lee Burns, right? "Flash Thompson Venom! Flash Thompson Venom! I'm going to post three paragraphs full of exclamation points proclaiming my love for a Flash Thompson Venom." Sure he eventually got what he wanted but at what cost?

No one wants to be Lee Burns.

...unless you do.

...then you have my pity.

@MisterPL - Not sure how the whole DC Direct/DST licensing works as I dont think we ever got a definitive answer that licensing and price killed DC Direct line. I think that has just been the dominant speculation because they retailed at a higher price. I mean, Icon Heroes is making it work with Thundercats. But your overall, point is yes demand from TRU would be the best chance to spur a DC Minimates return. My fear is that TRU is a bit harder to message but i could be wrong. I also think DC Collectibles is more closely aligned with WBCP but I could be wrong.

@Kostis - Good luck! I'll do my part.

@Ivan - I don't think anyone wants to become Lee Burns. We ALL must become one giant Lee Burns! Like Voltron, we will form together, one annoying fan at a time. A leg, a hand, a wrist, a belly (Lee Burns has a fat belly in my imagination). I call Lee Burns pencil mustache.

Who's with us? It's time to get our collective Lee Burns on! Tell DC Collectibles to make DC Minimates happen.

Edit: They are asking for it and will pick "most popular" question.

You ask, we answer. That’s the heart of Ask DC Collectibles, the last of our new ongoing features highlighting the great products available through DC Collectibles. Every month on the DC Collectibles Facebook page, we’ll be giving you an opportunity to ask us questions about our statues, action figures, busts and prints. We’ll pick five of the more popular questions and answer them right here on DCComics.com. Below, we sound off on our 3 ¾ line, Arkham City and more.

Link

Edited by Jatta Pake

Yeah, I was also going to point out that Lee Burns had commented on the DC post.:biggrin:

Incidentally, I agree with you entirely, PL. I think DC needs to just give DST the license and let them do their thing, and I've said so numerous times in the past. But Chuck's made it VERY clear that the only way that DC Minimates will ever happen again is if DC decides to do them; the ball's entirely in their court, and this is our first and best chance to get their attention.

Currently my comment has 3 likes and jatta's has 2. Get liking people! Also about becoming a lee burns. We won't become a lee burns. We as a group will request them to revisit a line. Lee burns asked everyday of the week for something that could very well happen down the road without his "assistance". If we don't band together and show dc that "hey,we want them back,they want them back,kids want them back" then dc will think about it. The said that in SDCC 2012. It was the first question and the reply was: if the idea has a warm welcome then we will think about it again (something along these lines).

So,we ask dc and maybe tru. Okay. Now,who wants to speculate? New 52 or classic? Tru and speciality?exclusives? Here's my guess: if they happen they will be revealed in a con with an exclusive 4pack and the line will consist of both classic and new 52.

Also,I've posted another comment in the latest link jatta has provided (the one after Ivan's comment). Like that one too! There is also ANOTHER Minimate themed comment there which has 3 likes! We can do this people!

Dc has a poll in their fb page.I added dc minimates on the list.Now go there and vote!We can do this!But we must work as a team!

Only a day has passed and we already have around 10 comments/posts asking for minimates!And all have around 3 or more likes!We are on a steady course!Keep going strong!Jatta's comment in the dc website has 8 likes!

One more thing,for this to happen we must not be dissapointed.The first answer will probably be: we don't have any plans for it now but...

We will send them our questions every month.But in a nice way,not a lee burns way.

I've posted a comment in toysrus' fb page too,asking them to tell dc that in case they decide to give dst the licence that tru will carry them.Like and share that one too.

Edited by Kostisfire

Is a flood really necessary? You guys remember Lee Burns, right? "Flash Thompson Venom! Flash Thompson Venom! I'm going to post three paragraphs full of exclamation points proclaiming my love for a Flash Thompson Venom." Sure he eventually got what he wanted but at what cost?

...unless you do.

Who's to say Lee Burns isn't one of our members Super Villain identity!?

MWAHAHAHA (Twirls Villainous Moustache)

...unless you do.

Why the pity dude ?!!!!! I luv Venom luv him. Flash Thompson mini-mates should of bin done years ago an who cares about Dc I don't just give me Venom Flash yay LOL.

There is a bring dc minimates back option in their fb poll!Go and vote.It curently has 10 votes.

I'd rather see DST get the DC license through WBCP, just like Mezco has with their Mez-Itz. The third-party deal didn't work with DC Direct and I have no reason to believe it will work any better now under DC Collectibles. The profit margin simply isn't there and I'm pretty sure the line wouldn't be able to be sold into the mass market, just to specialty.

That said, I think fans should flood TRU's customer service inbox with requests for DC Minimates. In my professional experience, nothing gets a licensor's attention better than a major retailer requesting a specific product. It's a guaranteed sale. If TRU sees the demand, they'll task WBCP to find a way to make it happen.

Have fun storming the castle!

And how can we send requests to tru?Their website doesn't provide us with an email address. I searched but only found their telephone number.

And here's the dc contact email .If we send emails at dc,vote at their website and the rest i think we'll have a really good campaign going.So start writting!

I've submitted mine!biggrin.gif

Edited by Kostisfire

We are currently tied in the 11th spot in the poll.Share and vote! Now it's the chance.Even if you don't care about dc please vote.It's just a click.If you don't have a fb acount then it's okay.I created mine only for these (polls,ask questions etc).

Edited by Kostisfire

Kostis

Thank you for your inspired posting on the linked dc collectibles fb page.

I liked it, literally and figuratively.