UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Blind Bags

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still of the belief that the packaging art should show as much of the actual product as possible (at least until there is brand recognition). But stores could help out by displaying opened samples. That's usually how I end up buying the random blind bag/box at my LCS, when they have samples that look cool, because often the packaging doesn't do enough to show off the product.

I had absolutely zero interest in collecting any kind of block figure until I saw how poseable Minimates were in an advertisement in ToyFare magazine. Once I realized how different these were from LEGO and Kubrick figures, I decided to give them a try and I've been a collector ever since.

Had that ad simply featured the Minimates and Star Trek logos with control art of characters' heads, I wouldn't be having this conversation.

Zach's photography has done more to get me excited about new releases than any control art.

I had absolutely zero interest in collecting any kind of block figure until I saw how poseable Minimates were in an advertisement in ToyFare magazine. Once I realized how different these were from LEGO and Kubrick figures, I decided to give them a try and I've been a collector ever since.

Had that ad simply featured the Minimates and Star Trek logos with control art of characters' heads, I wouldn't be having this conversation.

Zach's photography has done more to get me excited about new releases than any control art.

Thank you for that, but an 8x11" ad is different from a 3x4" package. We wanted it to look neat and clean, but looking back at other blind bags, I see that they have no qualms about cluttering up the packaging. I'll keep pushing for figures on the front as well as back, but it has not happened yet.