UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Evil Dead (2013) remake teaser from NYCC

youbastards

Doesn't look very appealing to me. I'll probably watch it on Netflix, but I'm not seeing the comedy and charm of the originals in that trailer (which is why they succeed over other horror films IMO). "The ultimate experience in grueling terror" is supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, you know? Just looks like a typical modern horror movie with the basic Evil Dead story plopped on top of it.

Edited by karamazov80

Doesn't look very appealing to me. I'll probably watch it on Netflix, but I'm not seeing the comedy and charm of the originals in that trailer (which is why they succeed over other horror films IMO). "The ultimate experience in grueling terror" is supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, you know? Just looks like a typical modern horror movie with the basic Evil Dead story plopped on top of it.

I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!!!!

Campbell at his finest! :thumbsup: Edited by youbastards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WoW that was intense.it actually had me biting down at the end of the trailer.Good stuff.

At first, I was upset about a remake of this. However, I'e been following the production closely and it is starting to look awesome. The original has that campy dark comedy charm. The redux looks creepy as all hell.

I was also avoiding this remake like the plague, but once the red band trailer floated into my view I looked at it a bit. It sounds like the movie is being made by the original production staff to some extent and looks hella intense, I'm in for a viewing.

• 3 months later...

Just saw Evil Dead last night. Punisher hit the nail on the head with his coment. Bloodiest movie I've ever seen. sick.gif

For those of you who are going to see it, stay till the end of the credits for a nostalgic bonus. thumbsup.gif