UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Loving the Best Of wave; that's probably the best Mr. Fantastic we've ever had, and it's so cool that Loki has Avengers Loki hair. Punisher looks so amazingly dorky. Bruce Banner and Dr. Strange's mystic base looks fantastic, so impressed. Danny Ketch and Songbird are pretty great too.

Also, that new Venom is pretty neat. Love how many looks you can get out of one set; Big Venom with tongue, Big without, small Venom, and even another Black Spider-man. That's pretty great.

I beat this drum over and over but 25th Annv Star Trek TNG box sets are a no brainier in my opinion. There are as least as many TNG fans as BTTF fans. Just saying.

AGREED!!!!!!

Even though Trek was "done before" in toy terms, there are a LOT of STTNG fans, and it's mainly Kirk & Spock that have been "done to death". A well planned out STTNG line could do remarkably well, just between core crew and aliens and supporting cast before you ever even got to the core character variants!

What surprises me is that they HAVE the license, but aren't pursuing it! Are you telling me a "Best of Both Worlds" box set with Locutus wouldn't sell?? It would be easy to at least do a few box sets based on episodes, and preferrably supplemented with actual 2-packs waves!

Tell me that wouldn't sell better than Expendables!

I have a feeling the only way we will see more Star Trek Minimates is if DST can get TRU to commit to carrying them, and TRU got BURNED by the toys from the 2009 Star Trek movie (Playmates, not DST), so I don't see that happening. My TRU still has 2009 Star Trek toys on clearance that aren't going anywhere. I don't see DST committing to a new line without TRU's support.

We could possibly see Trek boxsets at specialty, but at only 4 figures a boxset, we would be back at the same situation we were before, with the obligatory repaints it would take 2 or 3 boxsets just to complete a single crew.

I'm digging they added Xavier's trapped mug insided Onslaught. Guess I need to get started on my bone claws/no nose wolverine as he didn't make it into the recent Wolverine thru the ages set.

Haven't been following AvX, but the character in the black and white next to Cyclops would make for a great Invincible custom.

Minimates might last even after I die, but I will die happy knowing I finally got an Onslaught minimate. Wave 50 seems better and better. But man, Best of Wave 2 is much better than I thought. BLACK SPIDEY?!?! With just a simple black head and white eyes?!?! Thank you Chuck! I wish they took off all that blue crap shading, though, but I can deal if they keep the head simple and the block back piece simple black and white so I can reverse it.

As for Walking Dead army dumps, I feel like DST should just put a bunch of zombie parts and put it in a bag and sell it. Cuts packaging costs and you build them like you want them. I mean, you can't just have one zombie, you need at least several. Or maybe waves of just zombies in boxsets?

Everything is awesome!Especially ghost and onslaught!And man,that best of wave is fantastic!

Tough i was surprised we didn't see the new zemo and cyborg spidey.Venom wolvie is strange though.He should have pieces to create a full on venom wolvie.The rest of the set is really good.Hulk tta and venom tta are both fantastic.These kind of sets are becoming my favorite of each year.Best of 2 is awesome.New bruce banner,new comic loki,new definite daredevil,new dr doom (and maybe doombot),classic punisher,a new mr fantastic and a new deadpool.Tru 15 is as awesome as chuck norris.Wave 50 is really,really awesome!I absolutely love this onslaught!And that ghost rider is marvellous!I hope we get a johny version.The same outfit,different colour of flames.

Edited by Kostisfire

Everything is awesome!Especially ghost and onslaught!And man,that best of wave is fantastic!

Tough i was surprised we didn't see the new zemo and cyborg spidey.Venom wolvie is strange though.He should have pieces to create a full on venom wolvie.The rest of the set is really good.Hulk tta and venom tta are both fantastic.These kind of sets are becoming my favorite of each year.Best of 2 is awesome.New bruce banner,new comic loki,new definite daredevil,new dr doom (and maybe doombot),classic punisher,a new mr fantastic and a new deadpool.Tru 15 is as awesome as chuck norris.Wave 50 is really,really awesome!I absolutely love this onslaught!And that ghost rider is marvellous!I hope we get a johny version.The same outfit,different colour of flames.

Both Zemos and Cyborg Spider control art was shown, I guess they missed taking a pic of those.

One of the highlights for me, besides the amazing new Loki, was the possibility of doppelganger Doombots!

Edited by SuperChefMate

Both Zemos and Cyborg Spider control art was shown, I guess they missed taking a pic of those.

One of the highlights for me, besides the amazing new Loki, was the possibility of doppelganger Doombots!

did they have any new parts?Also,what costume did new zemo wear?The all purple one or the other with the black.Personally i prefer the later.

Edited by Kostisfire

I've just go to say, the 10th Anniversary exclusive 'Mate rocks. It's nice to have a new logo 'Mate and DST handled the distribution well -- basically, they were available when the doors opened. No obnoxious line clogging the aisles and sucking in clueless passers-by. Just a quiet booth early in the morning and a chance to chat with Chuck.

Chuck and Zach both are great people. They treated me well, offered to cover any needs, even though I don't "know" them as well as some fans here.

The Anniversary Exhibit was a blast. I toured it with a non-Minimate collector friend, so I got to play the guide and whisked her through the way-back machine. I suppose the exhibit was particularly meaningful to me because I've been there, seen those figures, as they were released.

Diamond's presence at the con gets a thumbs up from me.

Man, all the Marvel stuff looks great!

- Loki looks great despite the reuse of movie Loki's helmet.

- Looking forward to getting Hulk that has the newer hands. (...Why does he have a second pair of hands?)

...I find it hilarious that Hulk and Loki are in a pack together. "Puny god." :lol:

- Definitely want the Deadpool/Punisher set. I don't have Deadpool and love the classic Punisher look.

- ZEMO!!

- Will be getting all of the FF stuff. I prefer the white gloves/boots to the original black and all of the accessories and villains are simply wonderful.

I love that new Mr. Fantastic... but now I want an updated classic Sue Storm! I guess I can kit-bash one using the new parts plus the original Sue's torso. It's really too bad that Reed may not come with the other new attachments, though.

That Hulk/Loki set is BAD ASS. I love the new Hulk w/Banner underneath and the updated classic Loki. I just hope they go with basic yellow paint and not gold an' shit so he'll go with 1st App. Thor.

Damn - That new 'Best Of' Loki is such a great blend of parts! I'm really looking forward to him!

Wave 50 looks Awesome! Villains, Females, New Characters, an Army Builder that can double as Classic Nova! So much win. Lord - i hope they keep that Songbird accessory!

If I had to choose between the Victor face and the BD Doombot face, I would take the BD Doombot face in a heartbeat. I hope we get that one.

Agreed!

PLUS! That nervous looking Banner underneath Best Of Hulk looks fantastic! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let that be one of the 'bonuses' that makes it to production.