UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Storm 1:08, I'm not doing too much today, I got most of my stuff done Friday and Saturday. Today is more of a take it easy day. Though this is one of the busiest Sundays I have ever seen. It's worse than Friday.

I'm just really surprised that toyark hasn't posted any pics or anything yet. There was someone who was taking notes and I thought they there for toyark.

Because really what I'm telling everyone, doesn't do justice compared to the control art pics shown.

Also on a side note, 2010 sdcc gold gators were given at the entry to the panel!

No problem Storm 1:08, I'm not doing too much today, I got most of my stuff done Friday and Saturday. Today is more of a take it easy day. Though this is one of the busiest Sundays I have ever seen. It's worse than Friday.

I'm just really surprised that toyark hasn't posted any pics or anything yet. There was someone who was taking notes and I thought they there for toyark.

Because really what I'm telling everyone, doesn't do justice compared to the control art pics shown.

Also on a side note, 2010 sdcc gold gators were given at the entry to the panel!

is it over?

For anyone who picked up the promo Leo Lego tmnt, could you take a pic of what the head looks like on a minimate body? Anxious to see how it looks and wondering if ill be purchasing that upcoming shell raiser set to make my own custom tmnt mates. Thanks!

I really wanted the return of 5 mate boxsets :(

Kapitan Pedantic says " The return ? There has only ever been one Marvel 5 mate boxset which had 5 new Minimates ....

Zombies pack had 6 .......if you include the Wasp!

what about the 10 pack set?

He said 5 new. 10 had 1 new Goblin.

Aaaaactually, the 10 pack had TWO new characters... Ultimate Goblin, yes, but also Mr. Fantastic. That was the only place you could get him at first. Not an exclusive AFTER the fact... but at the time... :highfive2:

Control art for wave 50 was shown and it looked great! Novas will come will a couple of heads, like the shield agents. Though theirs will be human and alien.

Ghost rider comes with his chain whip.

WwII zemo will come with an unmasked head.

Re: Nova Corps... did it look like the classic Nova costume or a new fangledy one?

Thanks!

Thanks for the panel report, SuperChefMate. Zach mentioned to me that 49 would probably be comics themed, but he didn't tell me that theme. I'm totally against the concept, and not sold at all on the costumes, so I'm taking a wait and see approach... except to say this: if it includes Rocket Raccoon, it will be THE BEST WAVE EVER!

None of the Best Of wave peaked my interest, but we're not the target audience, and I'm sure they'll look great and I'll end up picking up a few in spite of myself.

I realized when I got home that I hadn't seen or heard anything about Tomb Raider, so I'm glad it came up at the panel.

REALLY hope we see that control art soon....

Thanks for the panel report, SuperChefMate. Zach mentioned to me that 49 would probably be comics themed, but he didn't tell me that theme. I'm totally against the concept, and not sold at all on the costumes, so I'm taking a wait and see approach... except to say this: if it includes Rocket Raccoon, it will be THE BEST WAVE EVER!

None of the Best Of wave peaked my interest, but we're not the target audience, and I'm sure they'll look great and I'll end up picking up a few in spite of myself.

I realized when I got home that I hadn't seen or heard anything about Tomb Raider, so I'm glad it came up at the panel.

I agree about the Marvel now wave, especially since there is no one design for each character yet. There are a couple different styles for some heroes and I need more backround info on their designs before I get behind them.

But I don't think you should judge the best of 2 wave without seeing the control art, I think the majority of them really look great.

Zach did say that they should be doing stuff for the guardians of the galaxy movie, so that should increase the chances of rocket raccoon being made.

I already said this in the walking dead topic but:

At the panel Zach said that they only have the license for the walking dead comic through Kirkman's label Skybound. So tv show is out, as is other Image properties, but what is interesting is that other skybound properties are possible. Zach also said they might be working on stuff for one of those properties currentlly. Nothing set in stone yet, all up in the air.

Edited by SuperChefMate

I was there...as a Philly kid, I hated it lol, way too crowded. I missed Philly WW lol. Anywho, I got to see the new figs up close, but the exciting part was the case was broken open when I got there and Morbius was completely exposed. I was just staring at him in aw, and asked one of the workers if I could have him since he'd be stolen soon lol. He quoted me at $1,200. Boooo. Anyway, cool booth, figures looked great (Annihilus!!).

I hope that the Marvel NOW! Wave 49 will feature their flagship title - Uncanny Avengers.

We practically have Wolverine and Captain America already so I hope Thor, Scarlet Witch, Rogue and Havok are in the line-up.

This will continue my (and others, I'm sure) habit of re-creating comic covers for display. :)

1350265312[/url]' post='247531']
1350262883[/url]' post='247527']

I agree about the Marvel now wave, especially since there is no one design for each character yet. There are a couple different styles for some heroes and I need more backround info on their designs before I get behind them.

But I don't think you should judge the best of 2 wave without seeing the control art, I think the majority of them really look great.

Zach did say that they should be doing stuff for the guardians of the galaxy movie, so that should increase the chances of rocket raccoon being made.

I already said this in the walking dead topic but:

At the panel Zach said that they only have the license for the walking dead comic through Kirkman's label Skybound. So tv show is out, as is other Image properties, but what is interesting is that other skybound properties are possible. Zach also said they might be working on stuff for one of those properties currentlly. Nothing set in stone yet, all up in the air.

You gotta go back and read the last few pages of this thread-- I broke the Skybound news Friday night.biggrin.gif But I'm glad that they mentioned it publically at the panel, because it means there's probably a really good chance they'll do more. Walking Dead looks like a big hit, so I would bet Kirkman's going to be very happy. I don't know how long you could realistically run an Invincible line-- not that there's not plenty of characters, but I would imagine that you'd have some trouble drumming up orders when you get down to the likes of, say, Shapesmith. But I think you could probably get pretty deep into the Invinibleverse until it petered out.