The non-Minimate Photo Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today, this happened:

Goku-Vegeta_zps70f73250.jpg

I have never bought a Figuarts figure before, but I kind of just caved on these two because it was a really good deal. Ultimately Vegeta is mine and Goku will be a birthday present for a friend, but I had to check them both out because they're new and I've never had these before.

Goku02_zps621652cb.jpg

I'm not to keen on Goku, but even I have to admit he's kind of badass.

Goku01_zps5983eca8.jpg

He also comes with scary face, for, I dunno, going to the proctologist or something.

Vegeta was the big seller for me. He's always been my favorite DBZ character for no real reason. I prefer his non-super saiyan version, and while my ideal Vegeta would be from when he's on Namek and has no ridiculous shoulders, I admit this is a close second.

Vegeta01_zpscda2fe6d.jpg

He comes with four seperate facial expressions, a bunch of hands, a couple engery blast things and the seperate crossed arms piece. The Scouter also is detachable from his head, you know, in case things go over 9000 or something...

Vegeta02_zps388c7f76.jpg

He also has 2 different tail pieces. The one that curls around his waist and one that kind of sticks out like you would expect it to. All in all, I'd have to say I am pretty pleased with these two and I think now I feel more comfortable with the figuarts line. Which is good because I already bought two more and they're on their way now. Expect to see those in a few weeks.

Edited by The Geohound

Nice pics! I've got him in my Pile O Loot at BBTS. Will probably ship him over when HT Hulk arrives. Vegeta is also my favorite DBZ character, and I only wanted the non-Super Saiyan versions of him and Goku, so I passed on the previous one even though I probably prefer the non-armored costume more, as well.

They look amazing. A friend who doesn't do much online shopping has had me order Trunks & SS Goku for him when I've shipped Piles of Loot from BBTS, and I've at least gotten to see them in the box before giving them to him. He's getting Frieza, and I preordered Krillin (my favorite character) the second he went up.

I got these off eBay which is where I get most of my stuff these days and so my explanation as to why goku is already opened is that I had to make sure it wasn't broken or something. Because, you know, that's a real thing that happens and stuff. The fact that I then say and took pictures for a couple hours means nothing. Looking at it now, the original SS Goku has more of an orange to his outfit while this one is a lot more of a gold/yellow tone. I don't care but whatever. If anyone has a SS Vegeta they want to get rid of for a reasonable price let me know, because I can just take the head off this one and put it on that guy since they apparently use the same head mold, so that would be nice.

Next up, maybe, oh I don't know....

They look amazing. A friend who doesn't do much online shopping has had me order Trunks & SS Goku for him when I've shipped Piles of Loot from BBTS, and I've at least gotten to see them in the box before giving them to him. He's getting Frieza, and I preordered Krillin (my favorite character) the second he went up.

I've got Piccolo, and he's pretty awesome.

So... It's Morphin' Time.

rangersboxed_zps8415760e.jpg

This is where the end of my world begins. I now have to buy ALL of these because they are amazing. I bought the DBZ figures as a test to see if I liked the Figuarts line BECAUSE of these. Now, I'm done for.

greenflute_zpsc34409b8.jpggreendagger_zps7ed64573.jpggreensword_zpsdbeb1d91.jpg

The Green ranger is excellent. The dagger is beautifully sculpted and he is so great. I hardly remember that sword, but damn does it look awesome. I feel like his coloring is a little off but I have no proof so who cares. He's awesome.

But Red? Oh my god Red. Always my favorite and this might be my favorite figure ever made. He's flawless.

redstance_zpsae9de0ab.jpgredshoulder_zpsbcb15899.jpgredshoot_zpscf478032.jpgredjump_zps9525466a.jpg

And then they have to fight, because that's what you do with toys when you're eight years old, like me. You make them fight. Generally by just smashing them into each other, but I've learned some things since I was actually eight. Now I just feel like I'm eight.

greenredkick_zpsbfcede90.jpg

Also, because I can, moonwalks.

redmoonwalk_zps898af674.jpg

Amazing photos. Where did you get these from? BBTS seems to still have them as preorders. I can't wait for White, like you Red is my favourite Ranger, but the White figure looks like the best of the bunch.

Also, do we have a Figuarts thread anywhere on here, or shall we piggyback onto the Figma one?

I got them off eBay and they're the Japanese releases, which is why they're zyuranger pacakged and not MMPR packaged as I learned the US releases are at SDCC. I have white and pink on preorder through amazon now so my boxes aren't going to match, but I don't care. They're the same figures. I think the best thing about these is that he's free standing doing the moonwalk, there's nothing holding him up. That speaks volumes to the balance of these figures and for me that's a huge deal. I only have the one stand because it came with Vegeta, but I need more. And now I'm really hoping the sailor moon line is as awesome as these because I'm picking up Venus no matter what and I would hate to have her falling over constantly. This really is an amazing toy line, and if you can get them early, they're fairly inexpensive.

Also as far as I know there is not a figuarts thread. Never bothered me because I never had any. Not the case anymore.

Edited by The Geohound