UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hey dudes! Wait... I already said that in the title... Uhh... I've been a lurker for ages, and a Minimates fan for even longer, and joined ages ago, but must have been distracted by something, probably a piece of tin foil or an unusual biscuit. I was recommended this site YEARS AGO by a really cool guy on CustomJoes, as I posted a pic of a custom Minimate Zartan I cobbled together. He was super awesome, (the dude who invited me, not Zartan. Although Zartan is also super awesome) and I said I'd join, which I did, but never posted, because I'm an idiot with the attention span of a goldfish who keeps being surprised by the same bubble spewing pirate skull in the corner of the tank.

Right, enough of my rambling gibberish, I love minimates, lego figures (although far less than the 'Mates!), I also collect G.I.Joe, MOTU, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Hellboy, comics, empty beer bottles and epic 80's hair rock/metal that mostly concentrates on mythical creatures and dudes kicking ass with broadswords on the backs of eagles. I live in England, which makes the sourcing of minimates entirely ebay based, although the rare gem does appear on amazon. I'm on Hisstank, Cobraisland and Bloodforthebaron as Dreadnok Rocksteady, He-Man.org as Wolf Man and the Hellboy forum as Ualac. My favourite minimates are the rock mates, especially Eddie, (damn I wish they'd done the whole series), Ghostbusters, DC, Marvel movies, Expendables and the Thundercats 'Mates have made my year.

Oh, and I love the wealth and taste reference, David Bowie rocks.

Thanks for all the welcomes, dudes!

Welcome!

Oh, and I love the wealth and taste reference, David Bowie rocks.

gVXh6.jpg

I sincerely apologise for my being a chronic plonker. The fact that I got the 'Stones and Bowie mixed up is an epic fail on my part,

that I cannot remedy with words. To apologise for this I present this, the high point of their respective careers...

Edited by SlipperyWeasel

Welcome to the 'verse and your not so new addiction! Living in Continental Europe I do know how hard it is to get 'mates, but BHM already pointed it out: Luke's the man.

And while you're waiting for the man and since we're already posting music videos, here's another original song by the Stones, here covered by Lou Reed and Bob Dylan)

Thanks for all the awesome welcomes, dudes!

BHM, wow, dude, you hit the big guns with the 'Laughing Gnome'! That's like the ultimate Bowie top trump!

That's like Galactus, Hordak and Chuck Norris combined!