UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

If DST hold to the cross-selling pattern they seem to have established – packs in TRU waves supplementing box sets or LCS waves – I think it's better odds than not we'll see a couple more horror/mystical characters in the next year. I wouldn't think Man Thing is at all an unreasonable guess...

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm super excited.

I have no connection to the character, but I think WBN looks cool as all heck.

I badly want Morbius because of the 90's Spider-Man cartoon.

Blade's accessories will be nice for my modern Blade.

Strange's accessories will be be nice for my Defenders Strange (I'll hafta paint the hands to match, though).

I'm even buying two sets so I can use one for customer fodder without altering my only copies.

• 2 weeks later...

GUH!!! Can't WAIT!!!!!!

DST keeps on surprising me with box-sets that i would never have thought i wanted, but end up being my favourite releases each year. Last year it was the Heralds set. This year, i think Strange Tales is gonna be my box set of the year. These can't come out quickly enough.

Man-thing, Zombie, The Frankenstein Monster, Living Mummy, maybe Brother Voodoo... I am optimistic.

And classic Gene Colan Dracula, the Son of Satan, Satana, Lilith - Dracula's Daughter, Manphibian, Bloodstone, even Franken-Castle. There's a lot of classic Marvel horror characters I'd love to see in Minimate form.

I'd love a Man-Thing Minimate just so I could complete my "What if the Fantastic Four had all transformed into the Thing?" It's Sue who becomes Man-Thing in that story. ermm.gif

Edited by Jeff

Come on, it's almost 2PM EST and no one's posted pictures? What's going on, East Coasters? I can't be the first one to have this sent in hand, can I? Guess that means pictures are my responsibility,huh? Lucky I'm such a swell guy....

post-1943-0-01768300-1365615961_thumb.jp

The biggest difference between this Doc Strange and the earlier one is that his yellow parts are now gold. Which is nice, since it makes him a different figure, but if you were hoping to put these hands on the old one you're SOL.

post-1943-0-54791600-1365616097_thumb.jp

Werewolf by Night doesn't come with any accessories, but oh man is he cool. His tampos are amazing, some of the best I think I've ever seen. I wasn't sold on him based on the promos, but he's really really great.

post-1943-0-68881300-1365616180_thumb.jp

Blade has four wooden stakes (three in his coat, one for a leg holster). He's got extra arms, for a bare chested love god look. And he's got a knife throwing hand. Blade's not a favorite of mine, but I prefer this look to any others. Really needs Dracula to go with him, though....

post-1943-0-00534300-1365616321_thumb.jp

And finally Morbius...simply put, he was worth the wait.

post-1943-0-17423400-1365616376_thumb.jp

Just a great, great set. Ironically, it's the two figures that don't come with anything else that are my favorite. I still prefer the original Doc Strange, but this is a nice update and should fill your need if you don't have the Defenders one. Now, we'd BETTER get a follow up set, and/or a TRU suppliment!

Edited by hellpop

I ordered mine through DCBS and can't wait to get 'em in the mail on Friday. Sorta a bummer about Doc having gold and not yellow, though, but not so much that it'll make me dislike the figure. I just prefer being able to swap parts out on Minimates without having to paint 'em.

All in all, these look IDEAL and it's more classic comic stuff like this that gets me excited and buying multiples of sets. More, more, more!