UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

Does this Infinity story you speak of also include Hellcat and Nighthawk? Because if not, I can't in good conscience vote, and I can't support anyone who does.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like a modern Strange costume, or masked Strange, or even that Strange where he wore a long jacket. Question is where we'd work him in.

Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath box set, or another Infinity Gauntlet box set, for that matter. So many from those two story lines that aren't made yet. Civilian Thanos, Death, Quasar, Watcher, all of the Celestials, The Stranger, Eros (Starfox), Cronos, Nebula 9decomposed and revived), Terraxia, Eternity, Order, Chaos, etc. They are mostly d-listers I suppose, but it would be an avenue for a new Dr. Strange. Adam Warlock appears in the series with at least 2 different outfits and we only have the one so far.

I always thought that following up the Infinity Gauntlet set with Infinity War and Infinity Crusade sets was a no-brainer.

Me too. Not sure if they were ever considered.

Thinking back to the old gatefold cover for the first issue, there are lots of missing characters that an Infinity War set could give us:

g62f109a4.jpg

Magus, Quasar, late '80s/'90s Black Widow, Black Knight, Forge, Moondragon, wacky Hank Pym in orange jump suit, Speedball, Russian or Canadian Spider-Man? (guy between Spider-Woman and Moon Knight), random elderly guy with long black hair, Ron Lim style Spidey and Wolvie, etc.

Edited by karamazov80

I think the elderly guy was the current Shaman, I think the "Canadian Spider-Man" was Stingray, and I think an Infinity War set without Doppleganger would be the worst idea in the history of everything ever.

I'd throw in Quasar, grey jumpsuit Black Widow, and Magus to round out the set?

I'd like a modern Strange costume, or masked Strange, or even that Strange where he wore a long jacket. Question is where we'd work him in.

Doctor Strange Through the Ages... ;)

I actually know of Stingray, but he didn't look like that when I read of his antics. Pretty sure long haired elderly guy is a random hobo photobombing that shot, though.

As far as Punisher, I've been very happy with the Best Of and 1st Appearance mates, think those are great IMO. With Dr Strange the last one was cool, if I had one request though I would like to see the pants a lighter shade of blue if they do another. The outfit he wore briefly in the late 60s would be cool, too..

21445.jpg?5767558948402809120

Still never got Black Knight btw, still waiting!

I. . .liked Darkhawk back in the day. It's true. This is obviously a humiliating secret that I've kept for many years.

I'm pretty sure that's Weapon Omega, a member of Alpha Flight at the time. Stingray had a more distinctive mask.

Yeah, looks like it:

g97c638e1.jpg

I'm sure he wasn't created when the creative geniuses at early '90s Marvel HQ sat around and thought, "Hey, let's make a guy who looks just like Spider-Man, but stick him in a crappy title no one's buying to boost sales!"

Here you go:

As far as Punisher, I've been very happy with the Best Of and 1st Appearance mates, think those are great IMO. With Dr Strange the last one was cool, if I had one request though I would like to see the pants a lighter shade of blue if they do another. The outfit he wore briefly in the late 60s would be cool, too..

Still never got Black Knight btw, still waiting!

gdcda1216.jpg

Wow is he lame. Now Stingray on the other hand, is awesome.

g2e8d8121.jpg Edited by karamazov80

Another Defenders set with masked Strange in the leotard, Hellcat, Nighthawk and Gargoyle would IDEAL.

Yep to that +1

If another Defenders set happens, Moondragon is a must.

For me I would miss out Moondragon for an Astral Dr Strange

I would much prefer Moondragon in some sort of Avengers set with Mantis an Swordsman. its been along time since I've seen her in anything but I seem to think that the Avengers bit was a key point in her character.

Ha! We already made random old hobo!

But us not making Stingray is inexcusable.

'60s look is the masked look I was talking about for Dr. Strange. Not sure if there was a version without a mouth,although that seems like a bad idea.

Stingray/Machine Man 2-pack, please. Or, you could package Stingray with Nighthawk, and put Machine Man with Jocasta for that wave. I won't complain if you do.