UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

Greatest 4-pack of Minimates ever made. Diversity, needed characters and a great update (some could argue two updates).

Better than 'The Defenders' .......?

For me it's right up there with the defenders, stormbreaker and the champions, probably in that order, but there's no doubt this is one awesome set!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this set a lot, though trying to figure out the best placement of Morbius's wings was sketchy. I would have used Morrigan's wings instead.

Her wings come from her hips, not her arms. That wouldn't be accurate to any Morbius appearance, ever.

I think i'm gonna have to turn to Luke for these, i've all but given up on my LCS who seems to just be waiting to be told that Diamond is out. Hopefully he still has them for when i get paid.

I love this set a lot, though trying to figure out the best placement of Morbius's wings was sketchy. I would have used Morrigan's wings instead.

Her wings come from her hips, not her arms. That wouldn't be accurate to any Morbius appearance, ever.

I think i'm gonna have to turn to Luke for these, i've all but given up on my LCS who seems to just be waiting to be told that Diamond is out. Hopefully he still has them for when i get paid.

You're right, I'm just having a difficult time to make them look right, lol.

As an aside, I love the acryllic stands for this set. I think its my favorite part, lool

Just got this set yesterday. While I bought it for Werewolf by Night, I think Morbius is my favorite out of the set (Although I like all of them) The Werewolf head still seems slightly off (I think it's a hard head to translate to minimate form) I do wonder if it may look better by cutting the chin off of the head piece (where the hair detail stops) that way there's still hair hanging down along the sides of the chin.

My Universal Werewolves and Dracula are now permanent additions to this set too, they just look too good with all the other figures :)

Here's a bad cell phone pic while at work

StrangeMinimates_zps8c35c975.jpg

Funny that Defenders came up, seeing as both box sets have Dr. Strange.

Still though, definitive versions of Strange, Valkyrie, and Namor... plus Hulk (at the time). Can't go wrong.

Still though, definitive versions of Strange, Valkyrie, and Namor... plus Hulk (at the time). Can't go wrong.

Still the definitive Hulk in my opinion. It's the only non-zombie version I have on display I think. Edited by karamazov80

Still the definitive Hulk in my opinion. It's the only non-zombie version I have on display I think.

nice. just the quality of the figures/paint apps/etc was top notch too

I cannot wait for this box set to arrive. I was a huge fan and collector of the Jack Russell Werewolf by Night series, when I was a young kid. I was also a big fan of the Tomb of Dracula series (where I want to say this minimate version of Blade originated) and of the Monster of Frankenstein series (I first got hooked on them from the classic Power book and record sets).

Too bad they did not make a Tomb of Dracula minimate for this box set.

I found this site that has the majority of the power records sets on it including the one containing werewolf by night.

For those wishing to be nostalgic, enjoy!

http://powerrecord.blogspot.com/2007/11/curse-of-werewolf.html

Greatest 4-pack of Minimates ever made. Diversity, needed characters and a great update (some could argue two updates).

Better than 'The Defenders' .......?

As much as I love the Defenders box set, I'm gonna have to concur with Mystery Man here.

Still the definitive Hulk in my opinion. It's the only non-zombie version I have on display I think.

Yeah, that one's my favorite, as well. Even though he's not bulked up, he's still the best version so far (IMO).

Lol , only way to keep the werewolf at bay ;)

I thought it was a heart on a stake, but potato would have been my second guess :)

Edited by JayBird

I thought it was a heart on a stake, but potato would have been my second guess :)

Because jokes/sarcasm are hard to determine on the internet, I am just going to throw this out there: that piece should be reversed. You know that, right? I love your pick, but that piece for Blade is supposed to be his hand throwing a stake; not a club-like piece.

It really is a cool set and your lighting in those pics is awesome!

Because jokes/sarcasm are hard to determine on the internet, I am just going to throw this out there: that piece should be reversed. You know that, right? I love your pick, but that piece for Blade is supposed to be his hand throwing a stake; not a club-like piece.

It really is a cool set and your lighting in those pics is awesome!

Haha ok i was wondering how he would use it, I see now tho ..

Despite Blade's afro being nappy (samy@dst) this set is awesome. Did anyone notice the suns on Doctor Strage's base? And does his shirt have texture or is that just mine? Thanks DST and thanks Luke.

Despite Blade's afro being nappy (samy@dst) this set is awesome. Did anyone notice the suns on Doctor Strage's base? And does his shirt have texture or is that just mine? Thanks DST and thanks Luke.

I wish I actually got the afro. My Blade got the same hairpiece as Morbius. Crud... sad.png

Haha ok i was wondering how he would use it, I see now tho ..

Don't feel too bad. I've still got some accessories over the years that I'm sure are mismatched because I don't know what goes to whom. Shields and hammers aren't a problem. Random firearms will probably just end up in Frank Castle's arsenal.

• 4 weeks later...