UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been said but tomb of dracula rocks image wise to me as a kid.

if these ones hadent been made i would say this is a geek box set http://marvel.wikia.com/Marvel_Two-In-One_Vol_1_51 I remember reading this when it was out and laughing at heroes having a normal night. Also u have to realise when this comic was out Pizza didnt exist in the UK as a major food stuff, a bit like the the Avengers movie doing Swamra at the end as we call Kebab which is on every run down street corner now

Hey 'Fiend' I genuinely didn't know what a shawarma was tongue.png Now I know what they call them in the US !

I tasted my first doner kebab in Southampton in 1982 ,I know that for sure because the first doner kebab take-away in the UK (outside of London) opened up around the corner from my first print-shop .........what memories laugh.png .

-elephantfootsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

Shawarma seems to be the same thing i know as a doner kebab (normally eaten whilst drunk after a night out then cold the next morning if you haven't fallen asleep on it!!!!)

The other one on a stick is a shish kebab normally eaten burnt to s#!t or under cooked at a neighbours bbq leading to food poisoning

Yeah it's what we call a Doner Kebab. I have only ever eaten them when drunk, and I have to say they are delicious! Although, not delicious enough for me to eat one when sober.

'Chilli sauce mate?'

On topic: the box art for this set is spectacular, and the mates look fantastic too. Really looking forward to getting Morbius!

Swarma is meat with spices in pita and is similar to the doner kebab which is similar to gyros. The first such food was created in turkey (the doner) but after a short time it came to Greece with the small Asia immigrants and took the name gyros which is a now probably the most famous Greek food. Swarma is the Indian equilavent. It's basically meat with spices in a pita with fries,tomato,ketchup,mustard,tzatziki,onions and more (for the gyros that is and maybe the doner,I'm not too sure about swarma's ingredients). Depending on the country and the versions other stuff are added and others are excluded.

Edited by Kostisfire

Just found time to get on here for the first time in 24 hours. Have to say the conversation seems to have taken a pretty random turn lol. I'm sure it'll make sense when I get time to read back over it properly though, but in the meantime must just say the box art and logo look great on this set, as do the minimates themselves!! This is one of the best boxsets for a long time imo and it would be great to see another with tomb of dracula, frankenstein's monster etc and that marvel team up wave sounds a superb idea too! thumbsup.gif

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. This might be my most anticipated boxed set in... ever. I'm buying two sets so I can use some of these great parts/pieces for customs.

There's something about Marvel in the 1970s that really speaks to me. More of this stuff please!

The pics and box look nice, but am I the only one here who really doesn't care about this set? In fact, I can't think of a set made that I think I like less. I'm happy for you all that look forward to it and I think they are well executred, but to me they're just 'meh'. I've never eaten schawarma before-would eating that change my opinion of the character selection?

Edited by groundhog7s