UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tigra?

TheAnvil

We definitely need more female characters! And a few people have asked after Tigra in the past. Our best bet of seeing her is probably in a West Coast Avengers box set or an Avengers wave.

Perhaps she'd go well in a Marvel Femmes Fatales set?

She's definitely due. Personally, she's in the "honorable mentions" part of my top ten list, just waiting for Jack of Hearts or the Falcon to come off. But among the West Coast Avengers babes, she's a distant number two to Mockingbird.

I have to say, it's rather annoying that "the year of the Avengers" has passed without us actually getting much in the way of new Avengers characters. I count Ant-Man II, Grim Reaper, and Kang, and that's it (apologies if I've forgotten anyone). Meanwhile, among the X-Men alone we've seen (or will see) Dazzler, Longshot, Mirage, Magma, Rictor, and (shudder) Boom-Boom make their Minimate debuts. Just feels like a missed opportunity.

I'd definitely like to see her done, she's not a must have for me but I respect her place in Avengers history and I know a lot of people consider her a vital choice. DST has done good by me this year so far, so I'm not going to fault them for not getting to her yet, but hopefully when the Avengers as a theme comes up again she gets her due. She's the last of that era of Avengers isn't she? Or am I forgetting someone?

I have to say, it's rather annoying that "the year of the Avengers" has passed without us actually getting much in the way of new Avengers characters. I count Ant-Man II, Grim Reaper, and Kang, and that's it (apologies if I've forgotten anyone). Meanwhile, among the X-Men alone we've seen (or will see) Dazzler, Longshot, Mirage, Magma, Rictor, and (shudder) Boom-Boom make their Minimate debuts. Just feels like a missed opportunity.

I feel pretty similarly actually. While I was very happy to see kang, grim reaper and scott lang, I had high hopes for some B list avengers this year and was surprised at the number of B list Xmen we got instead. That's not to say I'm not pleased to see those characters and some (eg dazzler) were long overdue imo. It's more that if we don't see the likes of swordsman, mantis, moondragon, hellcat, mockingbird, tigra, etc in this year it makes you wonder when we ever would. Certainly a West Coast Avengers boxset, including mockingbird and tigra would be very welcome.

I'd go out on a limb and mention the new Hawkeye too, as while there was a couple before, This one is so utterly better than those that there's really no comparison. But I do wish there were at least a few more new people that made it in. Hopefully this year will have a better ratio.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen Tigra yet in Minimate form, Then again, I'm surprised Falcon still hasn't been made either.

They could certainly reuse a lot from the DC Minimate Cheetah for Tigra.

• 3 weeks later...

A WCA box would be fantastic. SC Iron Man is the only one who's really been done definitively... a WCA box should have:

1) Hawkeye, long sleeves

2) Tigra

3) Mockingbird (with alt legs and alt ponytail hair to capture both early looks)

4) Wonder Man - bulked up classic tank top look

A WCA box would be fantastic. SC Iron Man is the only one who's really been done definitively... a WCA box should have:

1) Hawkeye, long sleeves

2) Tigra

3) Mockingbird (with alt legs and alt ponytail hair to capture both early looks)

4) Wonder Man - bulked up classic tank top look

I hope they put this much effort into Mockingbird when she gets made!!!!!! :highfive2:

• 4 months later...

A WCA box would be fantastic. SC Iron Man is the only one who's really been done definitively... a WCA box should have:1) Hawkeye, long sleeves2) Tigra3) Mockingbird (with alt legs and alt ponytail hair to capture both early looks)4) Wonder Man - bulked up classic tank top look

I hope they put this much effort into Mockingbird when she gets made!!!!!! highfive2.gif

Here's to hoping ^^

Would love to see this.

Gentlemen,

If we are going to wish for a West Coast Avengers box set, I don't think one will suffice. We need two box sets.(AFX Exclusives), one for SDCC and one for NYCC.

SDCC West Coast Avengers

Vision

Hawkeye

Mockingbird

Graviton

NYCC West Coast Avengers

Rhodes Iron Man

Wonder Man

Tigra

Immortus

Mockingbird and Tigra two-pack, just put it in an upcoming wave make it happen DST, well make it Mockingbird and someone else so she can be the variant and we can get her modern outfit as well.

War Machine, Vision, Wonder Man could be updated.

She's definitely due. Personally, she's in the "honorable mentions" part of my top ten list, just waiting for Jack of Hearts or the Falcon to come off. But among the West Coast Avengers babes, she's a distant number two to Mockingbird.

We also got the Kree Sentry and Protector? I'm surprised Protector won the AvX poll over Emma and Piotr, but I'm even more surprised that Falcon and Black Knight lost to Songbird and Commander Steve Rogers in the Series 50 poll. (Perhaps they split the Classic Avengers vote?)

I'm also not sure how we felt about making another Avengers line when there was already so much Avengers product out there, some of it ours. Series 42/TRU 12 didn't do great in the wake of Cap and Thor movies, due to post-movie fatigue, and I think that 44 and the Disney Sets were our limited/focused attempt at getting more figures of the main movie characters out there. Ditto 43/14 with ASM. Series 47 was really counterprogramming, for those looking for something different from Avengers. Ditto 48.

Aside from the Iron Man 3 series, I wouldn't expect this to be the Year of Iron Man, either. He's in TRU 16, but don't look for a box set. (We're still figuring out The Wolverine.)

(We're still figuring out The Wolverine.)

I say one box set, a la "Punisher:War Zone"

Silver Samurai

Wolverine

Mariko

Tigra (see, I made this relevant ;) )

Seriously though

Famke Jansen Jean Grey

The problem with the previous Wolverine Origins 'mates, was the abundance of Wolverine variations that all looked alike hanging in the store. That was before DST started going heavy on alternate parts in the packaging, so if we only got a boxset or single wave out of 'The Wolverine', but with parts to make his alternate looks instead of full 'mates, I think all would be happy.

We also got the Kree Sentry and Protector? I'm surprised Protector won the AvX poll over Emma and Piotr, but I'm even more surprised that Falcon and Black Knight lost to Songbird and Commander Steve Rogers in the Series 50 poll. (Perhaps they split the Classic Avengers vote?)

I'm also not sure how we felt about making another Avengers line when there was already so much Avengers product out there, some of it ours. Series 42/TRU 12 didn't do great in the wake of Cap and Thor movies, due to post-movie fatigue, and I think that 44 and the Disney Sets were our limited/focused attempt at getting more figures of the main movie characters out there. Ditto 43/14 with ASM. Series 47 was really counterprogramming, for those looking for something different from Avengers. Ditto 48.

Aside from the Iron Man 3 series, I wouldn't expect this to be the Year of Iron Man, either. He's in TRU 16, but don't look for a box set. (We're still figuring out The Wolverine.)

Interesting to hear the company's perspecitive on all this, thanks for that Zach. I suspect the classic avengers vote was split in the poll. Also there were characters included who I think people (including me!) thought had pretty much their one shot in series 50, such as songbird, so i voted for her. I also voted for black knight but that meant no space for falcon. I had similar issues in the villain poll.

From what you said though it sounds like this would be the perfect year for some of those classic avengers that you didn't want to make around movie time, or in fact the WCA sets mentioned in this thread! whistling.gif