UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 15

Nessex

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like people here would dig more Mighty/Worthy designs, I've mentioned that we HAVE more Mighty/Worthy designs, and most are cool variations on fairly big-name characters, which means most are recognizable to the average Marvel fan. Maybe they'd be short-packed, but I think they're as appealing as anything else we've done as a TRU exclusive. Remember, we did Boomer in Series 13. BOOMER.

Wait, I'm the one that's supposed to point out you did Boom-Boom.:confused: That sounds dirty, doesn't it? Oh well. I'm sure more FI figures will do well enough for you. I know it's always important to find new ways to get the big guns to retail, but I am not sold that costumes that stray too far from a characters' traditional look (like Secret War Cap) really appeal to a wide audience. But, whatever, I hope they're cool.:yes:

Stegron is currently the frontrunner.

For a second there I forgot that we have a member with that handle, and I thought you'd just announced Stegron the Dinosaur Man.:sad:

Edited by hellpop

Seems like people here would dig more Mighty/Worthy designs, I've mentioned that we HAVE more Mighty/Worthy designs, and most are cool variations on fairly big-name characters, which means most are recognizable to the average Marvel fan. Maybe they'd be short-packed, but I think they're as appealing as anything else we've done as a TRU exclusive. Remember, we did Boomer in Series 13. BOOMER.

And we are (or, at least I am) eternally grateful!

IAs for Stegrons guesses:

Thing/Annihilus

Franklin with Herbie/Medusa

Firelord/Airwalker (a certainty I think)

2 Mighty or Worthy (maybe Attuma to fit the FF theme and Absorbing man)

Lord i HOPE that this line-up is right. I would LOOOOVE to see Medusa! And if we need to shake em up a bit i'll guess that Thing & Franklin swap boxes & that Attuma is packed with Red SheHulk (mostly because i wanna see more female heroes get made more than it being the most logical choice).

How much longer till the actual announcement, Zach? Are you guys holding out till NYCC?

Stegron is currently the frontrunner.

For a second there I forgot that we have a member with that handle, and I thought you'd just announced Stegron the Dinosaur Man.:sad:

I AM stegron and for a second there even I was nearly fooled! lol

Seriously though I'm not going to change much on my previous guesses seeing as how I was seemingly pretty close but I'm thinking my "realistic guess" was probably the close one:

Thing/Annihilus

Fully Flamed on Torch/Silver Surfer

Firelord/Airwalker

Worthy Hulk/Mighty A-ish Lister (maybe Red She-Hulk)

I'm thus guessing that the character pack swap coiuld well mean that firelord and airwalker are split (or possibly the thing and torch swap over) while the single character change that Zach alluded to could either be annihilus (no real evidence for him) maybe to be replaced by Psycho Man as Zach is "psyched" for this wave, or red she-hulk for pretty much any other Mighty or Worthy. I'm actually guessing its the annihilus that's wrong, mainly because it's just too random to guess a different mighty/worthy, but we'll see (hopefully soon!). Of course, I'm probably more wrong now and should have just basked in knowing I was closest... ;)

Wait, I'm the one that's supposed to point out you did Boom-Boom.:confused: That sounds dirty, doesn't it? Oh well. I'm sure more FI figures will do well enough for you. I know it's always important to find new ways to get the big guns to retail, but I am not sold that costumes that stray too far from a characters' traditional look (like Secret War Cap) really appeal to a wide audience. But, whatever, I hope they're cool.:yes:

Secret War Cap is pretty close to Cap's regular costume, just darker. Anyone seeing that set linger in huge numbers? And don't give all the credit to Crossbones.

As far as the Worthy and Mighty go, most besides Grey Gargoyle are pretty much recognizable as who they are. Not all of the Worthy are superstars, but some are big names. And they ARE cool designs...

Damn, got me all excited when I saw you had posted straight after me Zach, thinking you were going to say I'd cracked it and officially reveal the wave... ;)

I do agree though that the worthy (in particular) and mighty designs are cool and I for one would be happy to see more, especially if we got characters like attuma and titania out of it.

Oh, and by the way Nessex, I also hope my first guess was pretty much right as I really really want a medusa but I'm sure it's probably the second one. Nonetheless there's still a lot to like even if it is the "realistic guess"!

Secret War Cap is pretty close to Cap's regular costume, just darker. Anyone seeing that set linger in huge numbers? And don't give all the credit to Crossbones.

As far as the Worthy and Mighty go, most besides Grey Gargoyle are pretty much recognizable as who they are. Not all of the Worthy are superstars, but some are big names. And they ARE cool designs...

Unfortunately, that whole wave is lingering in my area, because TRU restocked it at some point well after it was initially released. So I can't say if any one set is selling below the others.

Okay, so let's take a look at the Worthy and the Mighty:

618w_the_mighty_teaser.jpg

Marvel_the_worthy.jpg

Based on those images, I'd say that the Hulk and Wolverine are the most likely.

EDIT: I did just notice that Zach said "more Worthy coming soon" in the box set thread, so I'll go with the Hulk and... I dunno, Attuma? I don't think it would be Juggernaut, since I don't really see how you can have to characters that size in one two-pack, but he's probably the biggest name left. I don't really want any of them myself, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

Edited by hellpop

Zach has mentioned in another thread 'More Worthy coming soon...'

I'm gonna re-jig my line-up and swap out Red She-hulk ( :( ) and throw in Worthy Hulk. I figure they may need a name like Hulk to carry a lesser known character like Attuma.

I wouldn't mind seeing Worthy Juggernaut too, but Hulk is probably more sellable.

until zach veto's my most recent guess, im sticking with it, as for the fear itself pack....id say Hulk/She Hulk or Juggernaut/Wolverine or Attuma/Doctor Strange are the most likely groupings...could be Absorbing Man/Titania if we are lucky

Based on those images, I'm hoping we're done with the Mighty and the Worthy. I'd rather have duplicates of the regular versions of the Big Guns (to give away to my nephew or my girlfriend's cousins) instead of those things.

Yeah, those designs are pretty hideous to my eyes. I hope others don't feel the same way for the purpose of the figures, but I fear they will.

Attuma is certainly close enough to his regular look that I'd just call him normal Attuma and not think twice. I'm kind of intrigued by Lava Costume Wolverine (seriously, is that what they were going for there?), but I wouldn't buy him. Hulk Minimates always make for good custom fodder, and I kind of want them to make Dr. Strange just so that I can give his staff to the Promethea custom I keep threatening to make. But otherwise, yeah, I don't see any need for these.

• 3 weeks later...

marvelousnews has pics up of 15...

Looks like Annihilus / Torch (flamed-on) as expected, as well as Firelord / Airwalker, Surfer / Thing (blue with white trim, parts to change into pilot Ben Grimm), and Fear Itself Hulk and Juggernaut. Cool stuff, loving the Annihilus.