UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Doombots Misnamed

watchnerd

is the packaging really gonna prevent YOU from calling your doombots "servo guards"? it doesnt for me, so i dont see the problem. The point of minimates is that they can be just about whatever you want them to be, literally, so just through your own mental name tag on em ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the packaging really gonna prevent YOU from calling your doombots "servo guards"? it doesnt for me, so i dont see the problem. The point of minimates is that they can be just about whatever you want them to be, literally, so just through your own mental name tag on em ;)

But think of the children!

You and I know they're not really Doombots, but what about all those young kids who get one as a present and learn the wrong name?

It may sound harmless now, but fast forward 20 years into their future when they attend a ComicCon, use the wrong name, are publicly mocked, and then despondently descend into a vodka-fueled rage against the world and either turn into Whiplash or die of alcoholism.

Edited by watchnerd

It may sound harmless now, but fast forward 20 years into their future when they attend a ComicCon, use the wrong name, are publicly mocked, and then despondently descend into a vodka-fueled rage against the world and either turn into Whiplash or die of alcoholism.

Sounds bloody marvellous to me :tongue:

One of my local favourites.... post-638-0-32977800-1346697988_thumb.jpg

The aroma of Doom Bar combines an accomplished balance of spicy resinous hop inviting sweet malt & delicate roasted notes. The mouth feel is a perfectly balanced & complex blend of succulent dried fruit,lightly roasted malted notes & a subtle yet assertive bitterness. The bitterness remains into the finish with dry fruity notes which implores me to go back for more. :tongue:

Edited by buttheadsmate

The aroma of Doom Bar combines an accomplished balance of spicy resinous hop inviting sweet malt & delicate roasted notes. The mouth feel is a perfectly balanced & complex blend of succulent dried fruit,lightly roasted malted notes & a subtle yet assertive bitterness. The bitterness remains into the finish with dry fruity notes which implores me to go back for more. :tongue:

Sharp's should follow DST's example and relabel this ale as a lager, just to see if anyone cares or notices.... :turned:

Would the mods please close this thread? It's now useless and annoying to me.

Here’s a link to a site on how to dye a dolls hair: http://www.fatcat.com/dollraves/arttips/dye.html

Now should you ever need to dye a doll’s hair you’ll know how! (and don’t think that knowledge won’t be something you’ll need, I’ve needed to know how to dye a dolls hair more then I’d thought... sure it was only once, but that’s more then I would have thought a year ago at this time...)

This thread is now now USEFUL and annoying to you!

No need to lock, guys! Carry on!

Would the mods please close this thread? It's now useless and annoying to me.

Here’s a link to a site on how to dye a dolls hair: http://www.fatcat.com/dollraves/arttips/dye.html

Now should you ever need to dye a doll’s hair you’ll know how! (and don’t think that knowledge won’t be something you’ll need, I’ve needed to know how to dye a dolls hair more then I’d thought... sure it was only once, but that’s more then I would have thought a year ago at this time...)

This thread is now now USEFUL and annoying to you!

Huh. Now that's actually useful! Thanks Doc!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Agreed, If we deleted/closed everything that annoyed someone, we'd have about half a dozen topics and about the same number of members.

In fact, we should hold this thread open and hostage until DST issues a statement recognizing their error and offers to sell those round Minimate stands in batches of 100. :woot:

According to this Marvel Wiki:

"Originally the term "Doombot" applied to various different robots all created by Doctor Doom for various functions. The term "Doombot" was originally given to most of the robots created by Von Doom including the series that was later termed as Servo-Guards. The title of "Doombot" was later specifically listed to only to his armored duplicate robots."

So now I think it is you who should be tarred and feathered in the public square. Below is a picture to support my findings.

detail.jpg

Butthead I thought that when you review minimates that you are outstanding at noticing all of the details and specifics that make each mate different from one another, and since you have all of them I know that you accurate with what you say. That beer review tough, and I'm not sure if I understand all of it was fascinating. I really want to read a beer review of a beer I've actually drank. Cheers to Butthead he's the shit!!!!!!

According to this Marvel Wiki:

"Originally the term "Doombot" applied to various different robots all created by Doctor Doom for various functions. The term "Doombot" was originally given to most of the robots created by Von Doom including the series that was later termed as Servo-Guards. The title of "Doombot" was later specifically listed to only to his armored duplicate robots."

So now I think it is you who should be tarred and feathered in the public square. Below is a picture to support my findings.

Errr, but that article supports my point. "Doombot" is a retired term for the Servo-Guards.

That's like saying the Power Woman minimate should called "Jewel", because she used to be called that....

errr.....WAIT....!!! :ermm:

OMG THERE'S MORE MISNAMINGS!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Edited by watchnerd

How do we know Vacation Zombie was actually on Vacation and not just Casual Friday?

Oh, because it doesn't matter. Servo-guards were called Doombots, "Power Woman" (I have never seen Jewel called that) is Jewel, Hammer Drones are Hammer Drones (they aren't ever called that in the film as i recall), the list goes on. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here...there is no "misnaming" if they use a name they once had.

Does Invisible Woman go by that name or Sue Storm more often? Should her packaging be corrected as well??

"Power Woman" (I have never seen Jewel called that)

New Avengers, Vol. 2, #8.

Released January, 2011.

Note that her Current Alias in the Marvel Wikia is listed as "Power Woman".

http://marvel.wikia.com/Jessica_Jones_(Earth-616)

Did you notice that Sunfire from AoA is named Sunspot on the box? People make mistakes, ask DSTChuck what he thinks I'm interested what he would say.

They must have fixed that (hey...look...they can fix things!), as the version on Amazon says Sunfire:

51qtHmUlgfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by watchnerd