UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tropical Storm Isaac

buttheadsmate

Good luck you two. Maybe it'll swing left a little and hit me. :turned:

Of course, Texas has had its fair share of hurricanes over the last several years, as well. Sucks that any of us have to deal with it, but it's just one of those things when you live around here. Fortunately we live far enough inland in Baton Rouge (and high enough off the ground) that the chances for major devastation in terms of flooding or the house being completely destroyed are low. Just a bit worried about a huge tree our neighbors have that could smash through the roof of our bedroom.

Edited by karamazov80

Here in the Philippins we have like 1 storm a month. We also get hit alot where I live in the PH specifically. But I've only had like 2 near death experiences thanks to the storms around here.

Well, we did pretty well here in Baton Rouge in general, and at our house specifically. Tree limbs down, a few roof shingles came off, back yard is flooded pretty good, but that's about it. Sadly, New Orleans seemed to get battered pretty good though. We still have power, and the storm seems largely to have passed us, but the guys living just across the street from us have no power (I think something like 30-50,000 customers had no power in our parish earlier in the night). We're lucky. Kinda sucks that the major political science conference for the year was to be held in New Orleans this week but had to be canceled. That means there's very little chance they'll ever try to hold it here again, though in fairness, it happens this time (right in the peak of hurricane season) every year, so it's probably just not a good idea.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm back bitches. Just got power back last night. No signifigant damage for my home, but I was lucky. I've been out on the street helping out. My truck is very valuable in times like this. I plan to be back in the groove next week. Thanks for all the well wishes folks.

K80, glad you made out OK.