UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians Of The Galaxy! WOOOOO!

fatcow

Please tell me everyone loves that movie because of how bad it is?

I was working at Hollywood Video (remember those?) when it came out, and it looked like garbage, so I've steered clear of it since then. But just now watching that clip, I want those 40 seconds of my life back, and I'm sure as h311 not going to waste more time watching the whole thing... :huh:

Edited by TENIME_art

Please tell me everyone loves that movie because of how bad it is?

I was working at Hollywood Video (remember those?) when it came out, and it looked like garbage, so I've steered clear of it since then. But just now watching that clip, I want those 40 seconds of my life back, and I'm sure as h311 not going to waste more time watching the whole thing... :huh:

Everyone loves it because it's epically bad.

There's something magical about a movie that earnest and so poorly done that makes it intriguing and hilarious to watch. Especially in a big group. Even more so if anyone has seen it at a midnight screening and knows some of the traditional jokes (ie, the spoons, that thing on Jenny's neck, the cancer, "Because you're a woman"). Good times!

But yeah, never ever watch it unironically because it will destroy your soul.

Can I just say thanks to Lobsterman and Zach for both presenting well-reasoned arguments that didn't resort to name-calling or trolling? Once again, I'm reminded why I love this board, and it's the ONLY one I post on regularly.:highfive2:

I've never submitted anything for Custom Con (despite some big talk :unsure:) in part because I really don't want to be bothered to come up with the whole "fake description" thing. Which is probably good for you, Zach, considering that I'd be most likely fake-announcing the return of DC Minimates, and I KNOW you don't want to see that. I can see how this can be annoying, particularly with guys like Lobsterman and Luke that go all-out in presentation, and might even make customized packaging. Didn't Chuck field a question in a Q&A about Luke's Beatles customs? Whatever the case, I don't think it would be too hard for the hosting site to put a clear disclaimer at the start of each entry that these are fan art and not official products, blah blah blah. Maybe not problem solved, but at least addressed.

It could be done better is all I'm saying. Even if they kept the jokey aspect, finish up with a paragraph saying "These were customs made by blah blah, using blah blah blah." And I didn't see that they actually had a Custom Con menu item, but still, calling CustomCon 30 "CC30" in the headline? "CC" stands for seven other things just in my own realm of experience, which is fairly limited. Spell it out.

Fun fact: I'm pretty sure Custom Con got me my only paid publishing gig, co-writing "Pop Sculpture." It seemed to be the only way the editors could relate to the art of toy sculpting, through the art of toy customization, and gave them their only real access point to the material. Silly, but true. So thanks, Custom Con.

You know, the more I hear about the upcoming movie, the more excited I get. It is not, however, without a touch of sadness that I'll likely have to retire at least a few of my customs. I wonder if DST will just do (if they do anything, of course) a one-shot movie-based wave like XM:FC, or if some of the comic-based characters will sneak into LCS and TRU waves? It's hard to imagine a fan-favorite like Rocket Raccoon not making an appearance.

Oddly, the plot they've revealed sounds a bit more like Starjammers than GotG...

You know, the more I hear about the upcoming movie, the more excited I get. It is not, however, without a touch of sadness that I'll likely have to retire at least a few of my customs. I wonder if DST will just do (if they do anything, of course) a one-shot movie-based wave like XM:FC, or if some of the comic-based characters will sneak into LCS and TRU waves? It's hard to imagine a fan-favorite like Rocket Raccoon not making an appearance.

Oddly, the plot they've revealed sounds a bit more like Starjammers than GotG...

Regardless, don't retire any of your customs. They are awesome.