UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

S.L.U.G Zombies

Jeff

Remember M.U.S.C.L.E toys? :highfive2:

Jakks Pacific has done one better- ZOMBIES- or rather S.L.U.G. (scary little ugly guys) ZOMBIES. Toys'r'us had a 12 pack of them for $9 and a 3 pack for $3. 2" tall & super detailed zombified versions of just about every pop culture and zombie movie reference you could think of:

-Lincoln

-Charles Bronson

-Ash from Evil Dead

-Elvis

-Three Stooges

-Colonel Sanders

Check out their site here:

http://slugzombies.com/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw all of SLUG Zombies wave 2 at Target today. They had the 3-packs for $3.99 & the 12-packs for $9.99. Plus tru.com has wave 1 12-packs in stock. Tempted, but passed. Minimates are enough of an addiction as it is. :)

I love these guys! I am only missing two from my set if anyone is kind enough to help a fellow out. ^_^

039897420042 - Piece Mail Pete

039897420059 - Headless Halpert

Series 1 good luck :(

Yep, series 1 was at 'select' TRU stores, and the 12 pack was online for a short bit. Supposedly K-Mart is supposed to pick up the line, hoping since they are usually so backward they get series 1, but not holding my breath.

Remember M.U.S.C.L.E toys? :highfive2:

Jakks Pacific has done one better- ZOMBIES- or rather S.L.U.G. (scary little ugly guys) ZOMBIES. Toys'r'us had a 12 pack of them for $9 and a 3 pack for $3. 2" tall & super detailed zombified versions of just about every pop culture and zombie movie reference you could think of:

-Lincoln

-Charles Bronson

-Ash from Evil Dead

-Elvis

-Three Stooges

-Colonel Sanders

Check out their site here:

http://slugzombies.com/

Just out of curiosity, but which one is Ash supposed to be?

I don't think he's released yet. There's a collect them all poster on their site which shows more than what's currently out there. Looks like series four, five, six?

Read on another forum jakks is also going to be making a slugs aliens and slug monsters wave too.

So you don't have any series 1? I'm looking for the astronaut, the radioactive barrel zombie, lincoln, pirate, pizza delivery guy, and gangster in coffin. I'm not looking to collect them all, just the ones I like. I plan on using them to replace the smaller Zombies!!! pawns from the twilight creations game which I've transfered over to the free print and plan game: Zombie Plague as seen here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7514/zombie-plague

I'm looking for the chimp, mr. jangles and the human firefigher from series 2.

Success!! :thumbsup:

Walgreens had Series 1 single pack blind boxes for $1.99 each. There's 8 total figures listed on the back (the cheerleader along with the others listed below). They are really flimsy paper coffins and you can see who's inside. Half the case was empty but I was able to get:

-Lincoln Zombie

-Astronaut Zombie

-Radioactive Barrel Zombie

-Pizza Delivery Zombie

Passed on the Mummy zombie as I already have Cleopatra, but wishing I picked him up. Did not have the karate kid or the gangster breaking out of the coffin. Checked another walgreens nearby and they didn't have them at all. Also hit up a Kmart and came up with nothing. :pinch:

Going to hit the Walgreens on my way home tonight too. :biggrin:

I will get pics of the dupes I got they are from S3. My closest walgreen is over a hr drive so never been able to check to see if I can complete my set from there :(

So you don't have any series 1? I'm looking for the astronaut, the radioactive barrel zombie, lincoln, pirate, pizza delivery guy, and gangster in coffin. I'm not looking to collect them all, just the ones I like. I plan on using them to replace the smaller Zombies!!! pawns from the twilight creations game which I've transfered over to the free print and plan game: Zombie Plague as seen here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7514/zombie-plague

I'm looking for the chimp, mr. jangles and the human firefigher from series 2.

How does Zombie plague play? _ I've been looking for a decent Zombie board game for a while and wondered if this one is worth the effort to print all the stuff out?

T.

Zombie Plague plays great. It's not Last Night on Earth or Zombicide (which I haven't played, but read a positive review) good, but it's not Twilight Creations ZOMBIES!!! awful either.

Send me a PM with your gmail/email and I'll send you an updated version with the 5 maps and revised cards. I'm reworking the player card as we speak.....er, type and should have those hopefully by the end of the week.

Essentially, you get one action per turn:

- move forward

- move backward

- turn left or right 90 degrees

- attack

- heal (in my version)

The zombies get one action as well, but limited to three choices:

- move forward

- turn left or right

- attack

The object of the game is to reach all the X's on the board before the horde finishes you off- there's also the option to have everyone meet back in the house and board it up with no zombies inside, or find the car keys and escape that way. It plays quick and the tension is high, just like it should be. Feels very much like you are playing out Night of the Living Dead. I saw the SLUG ZOMBIES and fell in love with them and then discovered they fit perfectly on the map tiles. WOO!

I was working on a Left 4 Dead variant that I didn't quite finish, but it's almost there. A friend of mine offered up some scaled G.I. Joe knock off (big lots, I think) crates to use in place of just the printed X on the maps. I added in the option of searching the crate for an item, an actual dice with various items pictured on it. The dice are from a kids Yahztee game and also fit perfectly inside the crate. So each crate you actually get to search inside of it, by taking the top off. Characters can take what is shown or chance it and re-roll. This is just my version though- you can still play the basic game and have just as much fun with the basic item card deck.

Edited by Jeff

Really enjoyed the packaging on the blister card and thought it'd make for a better character card for zombie plague. Scanned it in and did some photoshop/illustrator work. Love how it turned out:

newzpcard.jpg

Each human player would get one of these cards to keep track of their inventory: weapons, health, etc.