UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my 4 sets today. PRetty damn fine mates, love Cap and Vindicator, but Havok and Storm are going back. Havok came without his energy effect. :rolleyes:

Miles' face tampo is screwed up too, his face is all the way to the left, with his eye right next to his hairline. Odd that they weren;t the same tampo. Not an issue as he'll have his mask on the whole time, but odd.

I placed an order it seems to have gone through (confirmed at paypal end) I to have no TRU confirmation just my paypal recipt. Iwill give it a few days and chase up.

Ditto, my Paypal payment went through but then it redirected me to a TRU page that wouldn't load. And when I tried going back to the TRU main page to check, my cart was still full and my account history doesn't seem to think an order was placed. :ermm: Should've just paid with a credit card I guess, hope I didn't just "donate" $40 to this shipping company.

I placed an order it seems to have gone through (confirmed at paypal end) I to have no TRU confirmation just my paypal recipt. Iwill give it a few days and chase up.

Ditto, my Paypal payment went through but then it redirected me to a TRU page that wouldn't load. And when I tried going back to the TRU main page to check, my cart was still full and my account history doesn't seem to think an order was placed. :ermm: Should've just paid with a credit card I guess, hope I didn't just "donate" $40 to this shipping company.

I emailed the shipping company after the same thing happened...they got back to me right away and said they would check into it...little while later I got an order confirmation email confirming that my order was placed and was in the process of being filled. It gives me a bit of hope!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Picked up my 4 sets today. PRetty damn fine mates, love Cap and Vindicator, but Havok and Storm are going back. Havok came without his energy effect. :rolleyes:

Miles' face tampo is screwed up too, his face is all the way to the left, with his eye right next to his hairline. Odd that they weren;t the same tampo. Not an issue as he'll have his mask on the whole time, but odd.

That's one good thing about TRU's $50/free shipping option. It compels me to buy more than I need, anticipating I will return some of it, so I can load up on the new Minimates (buying 2-3 sets of each), and can return the ones that have QC issues! :highfive2:

Regards the international shipping ,I'd pulled the trigger before exploring that option & I'll be watching for members comments on how this worked out . I always get mine sent to my surrogate US address & thence onwards to me ....it's a cumbersome method but it helps to keep the dreaded customs fees down.

Regards U.Spidey & the hole in the head I would like some confirmation from 'they that really know' "why the hole ?". I'm currently surrounded by some very early Marvel minimates which comfortably exceed the quality of some ( just 'some'..... let's not get carried away !)of the latest offerings . Painting tops of minimate heads appears to be a dyeing art.....see what I did there ? .....whilst painting all-around a minimate head,including the back of it,now seems to be too much for the factory to cope with . This is by no means an insurmountable problem & I'd guess few people away from this forum would even notice let alone care....I care....the day I stop caring will be the day I stop buying.

As I recall ....I may be wrong....QC problems with TRU Marvel Minimates compared with their contemporary LCB Marvel Minimates was rarely a problem a couple of years back ?

I'm not a fan of the "hole in the head" full stop I would much prefer solid heads with no peg on the hair piece then the current set up. Everytime I see a new proto mate I panic that someone will forget to tell the factory to use a plain head like for the new Annihilus mate

Having heard such promising stories, I thought I'd experiment and try ordering one set to come to the uk. It all started well enough till I got to the "address" page and after I put in the billing address it wouldn't let me tick the circle saying ship to the same address and only gave an option for US shipping - even though just above it on the same page it said the uk was ok!! Did anybody else have this problem and if so I'd appreciate knowing how you got round it? :confused:

Like Winkerbean said, click the "click here" text, then you go through to i-parcel, select country and follow instructions.

The i-parcel page looks just like a TRU page.

So does anyone know how long the new international shipping option has been available?

Picked these up over the weekend, chose not to get the Ultimates. A few notes:

The TRU exclusive stickered packs were two to a case and the others were four.

Quality control is a major issue with this wave. Box and Iron Man's helmets were impossible to get off. Freezing did not work. Boiling did, and it was still damn hard to get the things off. It's almost like the paint was not dry before the helmets were put on. A lot of paint chipped off Iron Man's head. I have the same issues with Box's head having red blotches on it. It seems like some of the black paint came off his head, but not knowing what he's "supposed" to look like, I'm not sure.

I hate sculpted legs, and I don't think Iron Man would have been worse off if they gave him regular legs with tampos. The legs barely stay on, it's almost like they weren't thought through all the way.

Vindicator's red helmet goes on smooth, but the blue one is impossibly tight. I'm leaving it off because it WILL get stuck if I put it on.

Havok and Storm are perfect. Ditto Rhino. No complaints there.

Overall I really do like this wave, but the quality is a serious issue.