UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to check Salt Lake City today.. I'll let ya'll know.

*Found them in SLC! Love this whole set.. tons of extras! Rhino and U.SPidey are perfect. 2 helmets and a hairpiece for Vindicator.. just awesome!

Edited by The Vox

Turtle - PM me, I can help you with Wave 13 :thumbsup:

Someone already stepped up to help, but thanks! Minimatemultiversers are the best. :thumbsup: Now, I wonder if the local TRUs will just skip wave 1 and go straight to 14 or what. Has anyone posted loose, in-hand pics yet?

Memphis, TN. It's really strange. Both stores have gotten everything else lately, just no new regular Marvel 'Mates. I was actually waiting until Wave 14 started showing up before I gave up on finding them in town. I even managed to find the Spidey and DD sets while out of town, but not the X-sets. So any help for those two sets would be very much appreciated.

If it helps Wave 14 isn't in Nashville yet either at any of the locations

Edited by rabozza

Found ‘em in the Bay Area (Concord TRU, which is usually 2 weeks behind and 50 cents over priced, except today!) Went in thinking maybe I’d find Walking Dead (I know they’re not out, but hey, neither was TRU14 until this morning so yeah) and saw green boxes, was happily surprised and excepted this as the better outcome.

Hey! Thanks for letting me know. I too live in the area and ran down asap after you posted. Got the full wave and left one Cap/Miles left!

Well looks like no one beat me soooo...

post-1897-0-71656700-1350022849_thumb.pn

Alpha Flight so far (well I suppose someone might have the full set in NYC right now, but for most of us until they start shipping so far)

post-1897-0-13713200-1350022932_thumb.pn

Alternate looks for Vindicator and Box (Box’s head is stuck on something good and mine’s holo-head has red blotches on the side from the helmet’s paint)

post-1897-0-57914700-1350023009_thumb.pn

Cap and Ironman, neither is super exciting

post-1897-0-69721800-1350023044_thumb.pn

Iron Man has NOTHING extra and no tempo under his chest piece, Cap has a hair piece (which might be Havok’s here... I wasn’t paying attention to which was which I opened them) a rifle, and MOVIE Cap’s shield but with a comic style front, which is a nice effect

post-1897-0-93439100-1350023251_thumb.pn

Havok and Storm with effects in place

post-1897-0-38606500-1350023291_thumb.pn

Line up of Storms (I don’t have Mohawk or GSXM), I also don’t have original Havok or I’d have taken that comparison too (I also forgot to snap a photo of his unmasked hair piece)

post-1897-0-33270100-1350023230_thumb.pn

The main event for most everyone here, and Miles Morales.

post-1897-0-04039000-1350023423_thumb.pn

Unmasked, for the Donald Glover fans out there

post-1897-0-72109100-1350023460_thumb.pn

There was a lot of discussion about slip on mask earlier, personally I hate them, but it works on Miles, the eyes are better spaced then most other Spider-man’s and I don’t know, because he’s a kid the big head doesn’t look so off... he’s one of the few vanilla slip-on mask combos that works for me.

post-1897-0-21828300-1350023585_thumb.pn

I like my custom Cyber-Rhino better, but Mega-Rage Rhino’s pretty great... he’s going to go with my extra Hulks though rather then with my Spidey villains

i really don't care for that Storm, but i do like the Havok a bit better than the one i already have (there's just so similar!) the main sale for me in this series are the Alpha Flight mates, though i'm only on issues 6 of the original series so i neither of them have come in to play yet. i do want this Rhino, as well, for my Spider-Man villains display i'm working on.

Found these in Auburn MA today, and the only sold out sets were Havok/Storm and Box/Vindicator of course. I picked up the Rhino set and I can't wait to get him in his proper home with the rest of my Spidey rogues :)

Oh, and IM's legs won't push on any further without some modification to the ball joints.

Edited by blacksun1520

After a quick game of hide & seek, I was able to find these at my local Michigan store today! They weren't in the normal Minimate location, they were with the Hasbro Avengers toys.

I did notice a couple of tampo issues with the Miles Spidey mask (eyes) and the Captain America chest tampo, so I had to buy 2 packs to get both a good Spidey and a good Cap. :(

I found these today. What a plesant surprise. I only picked up Box and Vindicator. I cant seem to figure out the how the flight stand (the same one that came with HoG Nova works with either figure though... Tomorrow at NYCC ill get my Alpha Flight Box Sets and my AF collection will be complete! They also had the SDCC MvC box with Red Hulk and Stealth IM. I had no idea that was coming either.

Edited by Rheul

Oh, and IM's legs won't push on any further without some modification to the ball joints.

I was hoping I could just swap the legs over to the crotch piece that came with Avengers Iron Man MKVII since they are the same shiny red, but the problem appears to be in the Wave 14 legs themselves. The hole in the upper thigh isn't molded properly, and when I compared it to the MK VII leg it was noticably different. It appears to be wider than it is deep.*

IMAG0447-1.jpgIMAG0454-1.jpg

*that IS what she said! <_<