UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing, I just brought the original Deadpool minimate to work. I have around...6 Deadpools, all different, and couldn't figure out why I like the original so much...it's the slipover mask. Just makes them more precious IMO.

I think that original figure is the best representation of the comical Deadpool character DST has done. Slipover mask contributes in a way because it makes his head a bit bigger and his eyes seem bigger and spaced a bit further apart.

I hate the slipover masks. I think it makes their heads look too big. I like when they include the alternate head instead.

I think looking at the 2 Captain Britains would show that slipover masks are superior. At least when the mask exposes part of the face. With characters like Spider-Man, I could take either actually.

I like the slip-ons. For a while i liked the Cap ones and whatnot because we got two expressions, though i do prefer the newer Captain masks. Bullseye's mask is still really neat though, worked out pretty cool.

That said, it works for Miles. He's a kid, big head thing makes sense. I'm still hoping we have alternate slipper feet, but if not i have James Howlett waiting for transplant.

Found ‘em in the Bay Area (Concord TRU, which is usually 2 weeks behind and 50 cents over priced, except today!) Went in thinking maybe I’d find Walking Dead (I know they’re not out, but hey, neither was TRU14 until this morning so yeah) and saw green boxes, was happily surprised and excepted this as the better outcome.

Also found a Two Torso Monster High Create-A-Monster Werewolf/Dragon set so the toy gods smiled upon me today.

Memphis, TN. It's really strange. Both stores have gotten everything else lately, just no new regular Marvel 'Mates. I was actually waiting until Wave 14 started showing up before I gave up on finding them in town. I even managed to find the Spidey and DD sets while out of town, but not the X-sets. So any help for those two sets would be very much appreciated.