UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Now! and the new FF

Jeff

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked Salvador Larroca as an artist, but his costume designs are horrible. Look at X-Treme X-Men or late 90's "clown" Ghost Rider if you need further proof.

I thought the clown Ghost Rider was Pop Mahn. Point stands though, I know what you mean.

Personally, these new X-Force costumes remind me of that purple and yellow era in the mid-nineties.

Is Marvel NOW just randomly shuffling characters together into teams, or is there some sinister logic or computer program I'm missing?

Uncanny Avengers: Cap, Wolverine, Thor, Havok, Rogue, Scarlet Witch

FF: Ant-Man, Medusa, She-Hulk and Miss Thing

Cable and X-Force: Cable, Domino, Forge, Colossus, Dr. Nemesis

Thunderbolts: Red Hulk, Elektra, Punisher, Venom, Deadpool

And just announced,

Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Puck, Spiral, Storm

Edited by Lobsterman

Oh, f*ck you, Marvel. This is such bull. Storm hates X-force, Psylocke was preparing to leave, and Puck and Spiral are so irrelevant. I don't have any idea what they think they're doing with all of this.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Oh, f*ck you, Marvel. This is such bull. Storm hates X-force, Psylocke was preparing to leave, and Puck and Spiral are so irrelevant. I don't have any idea what they think they're doing with all of this.

Marvel has a hat that they dump all the X-Men names into and then pulls out whomever and they're on a new team. Don't deny it. It's the only sensable idea.

Ha! Shows what you know! I have it on good authority (Bendis' cousin's barber) that Quesada just throws old issues of the Marvel Handbook into the air and lets them fall where they may when it comes time to choose the lineups. Next month, you'll see the new Guardians of the Galaxy with the Vanisher, Balder the Brave, Moon Knight, Sabra, and the Mad Thinker's Awesome Android. The House of Ideas lives!

Spiral's a teleporter (which they haven't had since Vanisher), and a swordswoman, so I get her (& Psylocke). But Puck & Storm?

I think you're forgetting Nightcrawler.

Spiral doesn't seem like a "good guy" hit-men team player though. I mean, if Magneto can change then anyone can, but it's still irritating.

Puck and Storm still make absolute no sense whatsofreakingever.

They're going to battle to see who's the baddest-ass. Oh, and Cyclops' new team with Magneto, Emma, Chuck Norris, and a robot shark with a laser on its head is going to be called X-tra X-treme X-Force, so they'll be battling for the name rights, too.

Here you go. That one's free, Marvel.

post-238-0-66647200-1347982699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobsterman

ok thunderbolts make sense since its based on when Red Hulk hired a buncha those characters, and hes recently had a run in Venom.

Uncanny Avengers.... to be honest, you take out cap and thor and youve got a new x-men team....so ya...

FF...Medusa and She Hulk make sense in that they have both had a long connection to the F4, i dont even want to know anything about this Miss Thing character, and which Ant Man is this? i have always though it would be cool for Richards to create a think tank team (not like the illuminati) with Hank Pym, Hank Mccoy and T'challa

Cable and X-force: Domino and Forge fit, Nemesis....fits...his new look does not. Colossus....i think the last writer that has done him justice was Whedon so i have no hope for him.

now Uncanny X-force.... Puck i wanna understand, is it his height? is it that hes a really good acrobat? but my only guess is that this their way of making the team a more "stand up" x-men team, not going into the night and killing anyone they run in to...

Uncanny Avengers.... to be honest, you take out cap and thor and youve got a new x-men team....so ya...

On Uncanny Avengers,

Say what you will about Scott, he's pretty much always been right. His best argument in AvX was that the Avengers, et al., had no problem turning their backs on mutants while they were hunted. I think AvX might end with Scott losing the battle but winning the war. It looks like mutants will be much more integrated into the super-community at large in the post-AvX Marvel U. I'm hoping that's what we see anyway.

House of Ideas to "House of No Clue".

Maybe that's their plan all along- to purposely do stupid things like this to generate buzz and get people interested (but not happily) in the books because kids don't read comics, they play video games. It's the 30 and up fanboys they're selling to now. What better way to get them rialed up than to use old characters and see what sticks.

All I know is, the more characters they add (be it completely new or mash-ups like Colossus and Juggernaut) means more Minimates for us (and more fodder pieces to pick from for the customizers like myself).

I've given up on the weekly comic pilgrimage- and almost comics altogehter. I know what I like, I can easily track down past trades/digital issues and rely on the internet love/hate for new series like AvX.