UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Jabba's Palace

Chazwinski

Since I bought Jabba's sail barge a while back, I was excited that they were updating his palace. I found the new one today, and although I have buyer's remorse because of all the minimates, Marvel Universe, and regular Star Wars coming out soon... I just couldn't resist. Here are some pics:

post-2001-0-51855200-1344391196_thumb.jppost-2001-0-19588500-1344391217_thumb.jppost-2001-0-75366300-1344391231_thumb.jppost-2001-0-26166300-1344391248_thumb.jp

post-2001-0-03171300-1344391269_thumb.jppost-2001-0-58331200-1344391293_thumb.jppost-2001-0-11767800-1344391343_thumb.jppost-2001-0-92803800-1344391315_thumb.jp

Picked this up the other day too, only other set I've bought was the X-Wing a couple years ago but this thing was just too fun to pass up, even with Lego pricing going a bit crazy this year. Also grabbed the little desert skiff set so I could fill up the throne room a bit more, with Lando, Fett, etc.

I wanted this set so bad and sold my old Jabba's Palace set in anticipation of this set. Then when I saw its price point compared to other sets with about the same amount of pieces I couldn't bring myself to buy it. So I went online and bought the Salacious Crumb minifigure because that was the part that I absolutely had to have! They showed pics at SDCC of the Rancor pit set coming out and it looks awesome but Legos just wipe out my funds to fast so I had to exert self control and not buy this one!

Really want this and the Rancor Pit, but man i cannot justify the price. I bought the Vampyre Castle and that thing retails much cheaper and is just SO much bigger. Really feel like the could have done more with this if that was to be the pricepoint.

That said, it does look really fantastic and if i can find it on a sale i'll pick it up. Love the Palace scenes too much to not buy it eventually.

I hope the tower can stay on fairly well when the Pit is placed underneath the throne room.... :unsure:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Check this out.

I guess LEGO can't offer Jabba's Palace sets anymore. Or Jabba himself because he looks like a "terrorist." Or round buildings for that matter.

The good news is that in recognizing a movie that came out in 1983, these religious extremists have finally moved into the 20th century, which is a huge leap forward for them.

Yeah, I saw that too. The best part is Lego's formal response was "we will cease production and stop selling it by the first of the year" which is when they ALREADY retire old items/lines and introduce new items/lines!!!

So their formal response was just a polite way of telling them to &*%@ off and defusing the situation while making the idiots think they got a 'win'! laugh.png

"Machine guns on the tower", have these clowns ever seen the movies the product represents?

• 3 weeks later...

I got it. And the Rancor Pit. The way the tower connectors are designed, it holds really well, actually. I was concerned/surprised myself.

I want the Skiff/Sarlacc set now.

And Jabba's Sail Barge. Is that out yet? I heard it was going to be huge (and expensive crying.gif)...

I still need to win a small lottery (or a big lottery, that works, too) or start dating a rich girl, because, GDit, I want that Death Star. blush.png