UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates on eBay

Fujis

Seriously, I remember being able to find all kinds of minimate auctions on eBay but now it seems like a wasteland. People charging way too much and no selection whatsoever. Maybe it's because I know what's coming out later this year...

On a side note - how does a toy get a section of it's own? It's a little tedious having to search "minimates", "mini mates", "minimate", and "mini mate" everytime I'm on the prowl.

It wasn't that long ago that I was seeing dark angel and ozzy osbourne mini's on ebay. I was extremely tempted by the dark angel one. But yeah, it does seem to be mainly Marvel and SFII stuff and it does seem waaaaaay overpriced. I hate ebay.

Ebay tends to be hit and miss.

Although if you so desired you can usually pick up most of the waves at a sane price.

There seems to be a bit of a blank drought recently though, and the ones that do show up are priced stupidly.

You can also set up a saved search on ebay, and get it to email you all new minimates listed every day.

eBay is certainly a game of patience. And yes, lately it seems that much more patience is required than before, particularly if you're looking for a deal.

Fujis, part of the issue might just be that you've already got so many! ;) The options out there just aren't as exciting.

I used to find Bruce Lee minis on Ebay about once a week. Then maybe about twice a month. I haven't seen a Bruce Lee mini in quite a while now.

Same goes for blanks and CTHD minis. They are drying up quick.

^^^ My collection pales in comparison to some of the people here, Cappy. Another frustration of mine is that most sellers from the States won't ship to Canada. When I was selling I always made my auctions available internationally. Why do you Yanks only ship inside the US? :P

On a side note: Luke, it won't let me type in "mini*mates*" with two asterisk. Do I need to edit something to be able to do this?

^^^ My collection pales in comparison to some of the people here, Cappy. Another frustration of mine is that most sellers from the States won't ship to Canada. When I was selling I always made my auctions available internationally. Why do you Yanks only ship inside the US? :P

Try living in the UK... even less minimate sellers.

If it wasnt for people from here willing to recieve auction stuff for me and forward it on I'd have no where near the collection I have.

Just remember guys, anything can be sent to the Shanester place and forwarded. I don't mind. There has been a time or two I thought I was going to need help from someone in the UK, but so far so good.

I definitely needed help on my prized Lead Hulk figure. I think Ady scored that one for me.

I might just take you up on that offer, Shane. But paying for shipping twice could get a little expensive...

You are right, but I don't charge handling. :D

Sometimes, you gotta do, what you gotta do to get that elusive mini.

However Fujis, you should have a lot less to hunt for in a couple more days pal. Let me know when that day arrives.

However Fujis, you should have a lot less to hunt for in a couple more days pal. Let me know when that day arrives.

That's true, Shane. I will let you know when the package arrives. Man, I hope it gets here soon!

I definitely needed help on my prized Lead Hulk figure. I think Ady scored that one for me.

Anytime buddy.

That's true, Shane. I will let you know when the package arrives. Man, I hope it gets here soon!

Im camping out in your mailbox...:P

For this lot it'd be worth it. You guys know I live in the Ukraine, right?

Ha! Ady, your parcel has left the US, as well. My shelves are nearly bare again... :o

Im camping out in your mailbox...:P

Looks like you're camping out in TBT's signature too! :lol:

You've also made the list.

(were their ANY pictures from that day where I dont look totally insane?!?!)

*quickly confers with Danny and TBT*

Erm... Nope, not a one. Sorry! :D

Fujis, the mini*mate* search doesn't work for me, either, I'm wondering...

My favorite search pattern is minimate* -marvel and mini mate* -marvel. Two searches, weeds out the chaff pretty quickly... (unless, of course, you're looking for an elusive Marvel mate)

... (unless, of course, you're looking for an elusive Marvel mate)

Yeah, I've got my eyes on a few elusives but not only Marvel: Stealth Iron Man, ADV Soapmate, AA logo blank (both versions), all of the 2003 blanks, 2005 Retailers Summit and of course, the Gold and Silver Spideys.

I'm not holding my breath, though...