UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Most wanted "NEW" Marvel Mate

ImABarRoomHero

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lotsa love for the Inhumans, personally. Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Gorgon, Triton, Maximus and an Alpha Primitive army builder would be tops in my book.

Since we've gotten the Kree Sentry and Dreadnoughts as army builders, I no longer consider Alpha Primitives as too obscure to be made. Bring on the Inhumans wave!

1. Baron Zemo (23)

2. Kang (21)

3. Falcon (21)

4. Winter Soldier (17)

This as a convention exclusive boxset this summer would make a lot of sense.

Much as I want Kang, I think the appropriate move for this box set would be to replace him with Commander Rogers. :thumbsup:

We would definitely sell between 17 and 23 of them. :thumbsup:

I think people will be happy with our box sets.

We've heard that before, Oat! :angry:

(just kidding, BTW. :) )

Promises, promises.

Come on, spill... we wont tell anybody... honest. And hey, If Kang's in one of them, think of thehasslel you'll be saving yourself from... Until theSquirrell Girl campaign gets rolling. (cue dramatic music sting!)

Promises, promises.

Come on, spill... we wont tell anybody... honest. And hey, If Kang's in one of them, think of thehasslel you'll be saving yourself from... Until theSquirrell Girl campaign gets rolling. (cue dramatic music sting!)

I agree! Listen to this man!

1. Baron Zemo (23)

2. Kang (21)

3. Falcon (21)

4. Winter Soldier (17)

I can guarantee that you will always sell 12 of any box set so you can bump that up to between 29 & 35 of them. :whistling:

Edited by buttheadsmate

1. Baron Zemo (23)

2. Kang (21)

3. Falcon (21)

4. Winter Soldier (17)

Oh, come on. You have four fan favorites and two characters starring in current books (WS in his own and Falcon in X vs A), and it's a convention set targeted to comic people. Maybe swap out Zemo for Commander Rogers just so you can get a star-n-stripes shield in there, and you can't say this lineup is any less feasible than the Stormbreaker set from last year.

Edited by Lobsterman

At least a feasible as the Infinity Guantlet set... which featured an insane death worshiping nihilist, a Satan impersonating demon lord, a vengence crazed undead golem, and an artificial alien Christ figure. Nothing anyone would find somehow offensive in that grouping, no sir. With the insane death worshiping nihilist as the best known character of the bunch no less.

1. Baron Zemo (23)

2. Kang (21)

3. Falcon (21)

4. Winter Soldier (17)

Much as I want Kang, I think the appropriate move for this box set would be to replace him with Commander Rogers. :thumbsup:

Yeah, hellop's right. And I'm not just saying this because I dislike Kang (though I am rather sick of all the campaigning!) But you need a big 5 in there and a Commander Rogers fits the set and makes a lot more sense than grape face.

Oh, come on. You have four fan favorites and two characters starring in current books (WS in his own and Falcon in X vs A), and it's a convention set targeted to comic people. Maybe swap out Zemo for Commander Rogers just so you can get a star-n-stripes shield in there, and you can't say this lineup is any less feasible than the Stormbreaker set from last year.

Seriously? Are you even reading the poll numbers? You want to drop the most popular guy in the set for a character that 1) doesn't match and 2) only a vocal fer even care about? I don't mean this as a personal attack, but that's a bad idea.

So how does a box set with Commander Rogers, Falcon, Winter Soldier and Kang work? To make the boxset work with Rogers in it, wouldn't you have to keep Zemo and drop Kang? You need Cap in there for it to make any kind of sense, but Kang is the 'one of these things is not like the other' of this set.

You should scrap that idea and just go with a boxset of Squirrel Girl/Rocket Raccon/Howard the Duck/The Gibbon. There's an animal theme there that just hasn't been done before.

Edited by groundhog7s

So how does a box set with Commander Rogers, Falcon, Winter Soldier and Kang work? To make the boxset work with Rogers in it, wouldn't you have to keep Zemo and drop Kang? You need Cap in there for it to make any kind of sense, but Kang is the 'one of these things is not like the other' of this set.

You should scrap that idea and just go with a boxset of Squirrel Girl/Rocket Raccon/Howard the Duck/The Gibbon. There's an animal theme there that just hasn't been done before.

Yes and yes. Commander Rogers, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Zemo would be a perfect boxset. Kang can go in a boxset with Vision, Swordsman, and Mantis.

That set did have Thor, and a Thor movie had just come out. Comic-con sets aren't just targeted at hardcore Minimate collectors, they're targeted at non-Minimate-buying comic fans, and even attendees who don't read a lot of comics. So you need an A-lister. Kang, Falcon, Winter Soldier and Zemo are high Bs (most, if not all villains are Bs), and while I love Commander Rogers, if he's not Cap, he's not Cap. Not saying we won't make those characters, just not THAT box set.

What if Kang comes out and clogs up shelves to the point where DST has to cancel the Marvel minimates line? It seems likely :thumbsup:

That set did have Thor, and a Thor movie had just come out. Comic-con sets aren't just targeted at hardcore Minimate collectors, they're targeted at non-Minimate-buying comic fans, and even attendees who don't read a lot of comics. So you need an A-lister. Kang, Falcon, Winter Soldier and Zemo are high Bs (most, if not all villains are Bs), and while I love Commander Rogers, if he's not Cap, he's not Cap. Not saying we won't make those characters, just not THAT box set.

So you're saying you'll never make a Wrecking Crew boxset <_<

So Commander Rogers, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Zemo wouldn't work, How about Cap, Falcon, WS, and Dr. Faustus? Is that thematically closer to what you would be looking at? Keeping in mind this is a purely theorhetical discussion and should not be taken as an indicator this exact set is going to be made.

What I don't understand is how everyone failed to see that Zach said box SETS (plural!!) and just assumed Kang was coming in the same set with Falcon, WS & Zemo.

If I had to guess, WS & Falcon will come in a 4-pack with Cap & 4th figure (maybe Sharon in Shield uniform?) for the Death of Cap storyline. The other box sets will include other fan-requested minimates (Kang with IM and 2 other unmade classic Avengers??) Thor & Warriors Three (comic style), Zemo could be in a 2-pack for all we know. Maybe a Wrecking Crew set? Or Thor & three of the wrecking crew with the fourth member in a 2-pack.

Zach has said he will be crossing several characters off this poll that are being made already in 2012 (on his own personal list, not that he's sharing with us before ToyFair), AND that we would be happy with the box sets. The box sets need to cater to the casual minimate-buying crowd, so expect a heavy-hitter in it!

Finally, he didn't say we are getting everything on the list. I'd love to get them all, but what if, say, Zemo isn't coming out in 2012? Zach did not say we were getting ALL four of the top voted figures, just that we would be happy. 3 out of 4 is enough to make most of us here happy. (4 out of 4 is best, I agree :biggrin: ). But I could see Zemo in a 2-pack as well.

Edited by monkeycrumb

I have never disagreed with you more than at this moment. Faustus hater.

The one saving grace would be sculpted mustache. Otherwise, I don't need no fat civilians in my collection. They make me face the harsh reality that I, too, am a fat civilian. . .only without an awesome mustache/beard combination and ability to defeat my foes by driving them insane.