UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Most wanted "NEW" Marvel Mate

ImABarRoomHero

How many others must suffer due to my ignorance and hatred of all things gargoyle?? :(

When Minimate technology reaches the point that you can create characters with mustaches, I have several recommendations that I will submit to DST via a forum-based poll.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, can I add that the first comic I bought as an adult was Great lakes Avengers #1 with Squirrel Girl and that's why I have such an affection of her?

Does sharing that get her any closer to becoming a Minimate also? She could easily be packed in with a Grey Gargoyle, you know.

I never said my love of Grey Gargoyle made it more likely we would see him as a Minimate. Just pointing out that dissing characters only leads to hurt feelings. That's why I have never said a bad thing about Squirrel Girl, even if I have absolutely zero interest in a figure of her.

I knew that wasn't what you were saying, I was just grasping at straws. I'll seriously stoop to any level on this one. I'll even pull out the three B's if it'll work (begging, bribery and blackmail).

So, on a totally unrelated note, I've been thinking about buying some jerky for a possibly influential friend of mine. Is there anyone here who eats jerky that could tell me what the best tasting kind is? :whistling:

THIS I have to answer. You know how Stan Lee said every comic is someone's first comic? My first Marvel superhero comic was a Cap issue where he fought Grey Gargoyle. Therefore, Grey Gargoyle is the second or third greatest Marvel character alive to me. Also, he recently laid the smack down on Paris in Fear Itself. He's KIND of a big deal right now.

Yo Zach, I think Grey Gargoyle is awesome, always thought it was great he has an awesome gentleman's moustache! He was just featured in a Thor comic a few months ago (can't remember exactly) and it was a great little story.

@Karamazov, I just sculpted a stache on the new Gung-Ho I did, and can't wait to do it again!:biggrin:

Edited by Nervous

How many others must suffer due to my ignorance and hatred of all things gargoyle?? :(

When Minimate technology reaches the point that you can create characters with mustaches, I have several recommendations that I will submit to DST via a forum-based poll.

Mustaches through the Ages?

Top 5 Mates so far.

1. Baron Zemo (23)

2. Kang (21)

3. Falcon (21)

4. Winter Soldier (17)

5. Black Knight (16)

Interesting.

Look at that love for Falcon, Winter Soldier & Zemo ....I can't wait for a movie like ....I dunno......I'm not sure....something like ....I know :ohmy: .....a Captain America movie ....yes :woot:.... a movie about Captain America.... to be released & those 3 obscure characters might be thought of as an extremely saleable trio of Minimates.

Who would have thought it ....who possibly could have predicted it? :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I prefer Zemo to Kang. And I didn't vote for either one! :D

The Kang supporters are definitely a vocal minority. Take note, DST. Do you want this happening to you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-SECRET-WARS-KANG-FIGURE-/250956264354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6e28b3a2

I didn't think so. Squadron Supreme box sets for the win.

Yeah, I never got the Kang love. Zemo is a much more interesting, and quite frankly, recognizable character. His screen presence commands what Kang cannot.

Yeah, I never got the Kang love. Zemo is a much more interesting, and quite frankly, recognizable character. His screen presence commands what Kang cannot.

Yeah, but all you know of either is what you just learned from the cartoon show. EMH Zemo is a very bastardized version, drawing elements of both the 12th and 13th Barons, plus making him Hitler to boot. He acts more like Helmut, the son and current Zemo, but they largely gave him Hienrich's, the father and retconned WWII Cap foe. (no, Zemo did not "exist" before the Silver Age)

And even using just the show as a standard- Kang had the team down by his loansome, Zemo needed a team of his own to accomplish the same feat. (Both fights ended with the bad-guy beat down, but that's to be expected)

Not knocking the Zemo's... okay maybe knocking Heinrich cause he never figured out how to get his Adhesive X affixed hood off. Some genius. How hard could it have been? Paste-Pot-Pete figured out how to disolve the stuff. So I'm not knocking Helmut. The 13th Baron Zemo has a few victories over Cap and the Avengers under his belt. He's on my short list. But not before Kang.

As far as the Zemos go, it's all Helmut. I have a soft spot for the Thunderbolts and Helmut made that awesome. Which is why I want a Citizen V, possibly moreso than an actual sock head Zemo. Not that a Helmut as Baron Zemo wouldn't be awesome, but I sat down and read Thunderbolts straight though, and before the more modernizing of the Thunderbolts into what it is now, when it was all silly 90's stuff, the Citizen V stuff was just plain awesome to me. Lies and betrayals and mind-****ing and everything, and it was all Helmut, so if we get a Zemo, I really want it not to be número 12, but my lucky number 13.

That said, Songbird first. Also, Abner Jenkins Big Green Beetle and little Norbert Fixer too, please while we're talkin' about junk here.

Edited by The Geohound

Yeah, but all you know of either is what you just learned from the cartoon show. EMH Zemo is a very bastardized version, drawing elements of both the 12th and 13th Barons, plus making him Hitler to boot. He acts more like Helmut, the son and current Zemo, but they largely gave him Hienrich's, the father and retconned WWII Cap foe. (no, Zemo did not "exist" before the Silver Age)

And even using just the show as a standard- Kang had the team down by his loansome, Zemo needed a team of his own to accomplish the same feat. (Both fights ended with the bad-guy beat down, but that's to be expected)

Not knocking the Zemo's... okay maybe knocking Heinrich cause he never figured out how to get his Adhesive X affixed hood off. Some genius. How hard could it have been? Paste-Pot-Pete figured out how to disolve the stuff. So I'm not knocking Helmut. The 13th Baron Zemo has a few victories over Cap and the Avengers under his belt. He's on my short list. But not before Kang.

Agreed. I love Baron Zemo; he's the big bad in one of my all-time favorite Avengers stories (Roger Stern's Masters of Evil saga). But Kang is, arguably, the Avengers' greatest foe (and only Ultron can present a compelling case against him). He's one of the key cogs in THE greatest Avengers epic ever (IMHO), Avengers Forever. When Marvel and DC were working on making the biggest crossover series of all-time, back in the early '80s, who did they choose as the villain? That's right: Kang. His pedigree as a major Marvel villain is unshakable.

I understand, it's a little silly that Kang's become the meme around here; but it's even sillier that the guy hasn't been made yet while the likes of Nitro and effing Jewel have Minimates. Same could be said of Zemo, come to think of it.

Oh, and I'd also love a Grey Gargoyle. Can we get a Gargoyle/ Batroc the Leaper set? Who's with me?

Some other, potentially great Minimates are various members of the Lethal Legion that I don't see here--Whirlwind, Living Laser, Grim Reaper, Count Nefaria. . .

and no joking, I would buy a Gray Gargoyle/Batroc the Leaper set in a second. Same goes for Frog-Man/White Rabbit, though.

http://www.joeacevedo.com/images/customzone/customcon/stephens2004/FrogManWhiteRabbit.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

You actually have two options for a Zemo variant- either Helmut and his father, or Helmut as Baron Zemo and Citizen V.

Again, love me some Helmut Zemo. Love his current "screw you all!!" reason for returning to villainy. He's inarguably the most successful leader the Masters of Evil ever had... ever. He deserves a minimate, no doubt. But I want Kang more.

Helmut tried to reform and really be a hero, even saved the world a few times, but was always viewed with suspision and mistrust by the hero community. So when Bucky turns up alive and is excepted back into the fold despite all of his crimes as the Winter Soldier, Helmut tells the heroes to kiss his Prussian @$$ by ruining Bucky-Cap's reputation by outing his WS past, and turning Hawkeye's brother into an arrow slinging assassin set to kill the younger Barton. And that's just for starters. Can't wait to see round two. My guess it will be Stark and Osborn on the list. Stark for taking the T-Bolts away from the at that point heroic Zemo and handing them over to a known villain. Osborn for destroying the team he' worked so hard to build.

Grey Gargoyle's on the list too, just much, much further down. But Ol' GG does represent the kind of villain I think the line needs a lot more of in general. We've got a lot of masterminds and top level big bads. But aside from the Spider-Villains, we don't have a lot of your mid level hench villians. Guys like Cyclone, the Eel, Mr. Hyde, Constrictor, Toad, Titania or Avalanche.

Grey Gargoyle's on the list too, just much, much further down. But Ol' GG does represent the kind of villain I think the line needs a lot more of in general. We've got a lot of masterminds and top level big bads. But aside from the Spider-Villains, we don't have a lot of your mid level hench villians. Guys like Cyclone, the Eel, Mr. Hyde, Constrictor, Toad, Titania or Avalanche.

Yes yes yes! A thousand times yes! THESE are the types of villains I want to see, the fringe guys with cool costumes. There's SUCH a great variety of bad guy within the Marvel Universe, and no toy line has ever really tapped into that.

I am glad there's someone around here who shares my enjoyment of good ole Helmut Zemo.

Cheers to that, Miry.

A Songbird/Citizen V two pack would stop me from ever asking for anything ever again. Or hell, a Baron Zemo/Citizen V for that matter. Really, I just want Citizen V.

Edit: Songbird with long hair, please. The short hair is silly. If nothing else, two separate hairpieces. That's all.

I haven't thought about it for a long time but this topic has just brought it out.

I don't deny that Kang is an important dude and needs to be made, but the Thunderbolts have a special place in my evil little heart, so naturally I want that more.

But hey, all power to any new mates being made at this point.

And yeah, package anyone with Batroc the Leaper, and I'm in. I would love it if it was a classic Black Talon with his big chicken head and all. Marvel has some seriously awesome nonsensical bottom rung villains and any one of them would be badass.

Edited by The Geohound

Oh my gosh I would be all about a Herbie with a flight stand pack in, He would be perfect to throw in with a Reed fig to change up from the stretch base. Or if you wanted to go all out a 2 pack with herbie and Roberta with a front desk type of set up would be outstanding, never gonna happen, but if it did I would buy it up fast.

This poll would be easier if it was more like your top minimate you could live with out and even then if its a new character in M form I'll still want it

Edited by BannersID

I understand, it's a little silly that Kang's become the meme around here; but it's even sillier that the guy hasn't been made yet while the likes of Nitro and effing Jewel have Minimates. Same could be said of Zemo, come to think of it.

Oh, and I'd also love a Grey Gargoyle. Can we get a Gargoyle/ Batroc the Leaper set? Who's with me?

+1 to alla this!