UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Old and new...

TBT!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not find my Wave 1 Daredevil but I found these. I really wanted to include Zombie Daredevil but sadly it is one of the few Minimates I own that is still in the package. Though I love the new one I am still quite fond of the Marvel Knights Daredevil.

attachicon.gifdd.JPG

That first one looks like he smelt something bad.

• 11 months later...

The original holds up incredibly well.

You think? I've always thought that was a pretty bad one, even by early 'mate standards.

No. Wait. The other thing.

Old Grey Hulk shall be permanently archived for posterity.

New Grey Hulk will be prominently displayed as the definitive Minimate version of that character.

I never liked that old school Gray Hulk, though I do like the original green one a lot.

That little green guy started this whole freaking mess for me... I still like him, too.

• 4 months later...

I made a post slagging off the the one on the right of the pic thinking that was the new one! lucky enough I got to delete it.

That being said/typed for me the new one needs the hair sorting for the double spicky bit and the chest zag having a blackoutline otherwise cool.

I think what pushes it too far for me is how thin the black lines are, and how crammed the zags on the chest stripe look. It just seems as though they were over emphasizing the 'detail' aspect of it, like an early 90's comic artist more concerned with flash than style (which, interestingly enough, is a criticism I've received frequently on my own artwork).

It just gives an odd aesthetic overall, and it doesn't seem consistent with most of the other current releases.

Still, I do find that it has a certain appeal

I haven't seen the newest version of Quicksilver but I believe I'm right in saying that the new version's body is painted blue whilst the original was moulded in blue plastic . So what ? Well old BHM can't ever understand the lack of uniformity in how that particular decision gets to be made ........ I could elaborate but trust me when I say there seems to be little logic to it that I can understand .