UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Old and new...

TBT!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm bringing this thread back for a very important reason. Rhino. First minimate I ever bought and I love him dearly, but the new one is just so amazing.

rhinos.jpg

Also, I like this thread and it went away too fast.

Need to get that Rhino. Traded my old one a long time ago.

Technically those aren't the same costume. But, yeah, the second is vastly superior. And a nice meditation on the entirely new figures we get these days versus the kibbly kitbash nonsense we got when the line was nearly dead.

yeah but its an evolution of the first.

2.0 if you will

Whose head is that on the moderner Cyke? FA? It looks great. One thing that I like about Astonishing Cyclops is that he's got a belt that adds a little extra height. He's supposed to be pretty tall, and it kills me when Wolverine 'mates so often are taller. Stupid nitpick. Worth noting that my AvX Cyclops also suffered from squished foot syndrome, so he was a good deal shorter than modern Wolvey. I ended up switching his feet out with X-Force X23's so she's shorter now and he's at least vanilla height.

So I'm bringing this thread back for a very important reason. Rhino. First minimate I ever bought and I love him dearly, but the new one is just so amazing.

rhinos.jpg

Also, I like this thread and it went away too fast.

In my Astonishing X-Men 1 diorama, I actually replaced the old Cyclops visor with the new one with the optic blast to fully imitate the cover of the said comic. Looks great! :D

Ah old minimates they never stayed together, drove me crazy.

Has anyone else noticed that old DC minimates (W1 Superman,W1 Batman, Powergirl, Dr. Fate, Deathstroke, etc.) seem to be at par with newer Marvel minimates? :whistling:

Edit: And no, this is not an attempt to derail the thread into "How I wish we still had DC minimates..." :deathstroke:

They are awesome. But what were they thinking with characters like Ma Hunkel so early in the line :wacko:

I really liked that brown Wolvie for what it was (still seems to have a more comic-accurate brown color :D ), but it has definitely got its flaws. I actually think the mouth is a big problem. Works fine with maskeless "Gaijin" Wolverine. But with the mask on it looks kind of silly. Look of face with mask on should always be considered when choosing a mouth for Wolverine.

I think the trick is finding when you need to sculpt vs print. For example the newer Thor's are much better with out the sculpted chest piece.

I actually think the chest piece works well with better pieces surrounding it.

thorr2-1.jpg

Edited by demonpr

• 11 months later...