UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Old and new...

TBT!

So, I was digging minimates out of my closet to inventory for a trade list and happened to put these guys on my desk together...

post-7-0-95285200-1343669642_thumb.jpg

I think it was only then that It hit me how far minimates have come since the early days.

So I decided, lets make a thread to celebrate 10 yrs of minimate evolution. The rules are simple post a pic of an early minimate and the newest remake you have of that character so we can compare them & discuss!

T.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell a debate coming.

Me, I wish they'd replace every dated minimate ever made. New detailing rules!

For the most part I agree but there are exceptions, Wave 2 Spidey still rocks better than any spidey since (as does his black costume counterpart from the same wave!).

T.

Once I would have agreed with you. Until this beauty was released:

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1067&n=Spider-Man

I still like that first Thing better than all others that have followed though, despite his lack of bulkiness.

You mean the one with the big paint stripe across it's shoulders/chest? ;)

As for the thing, I still think he's a bit skinny but the Absorbing man from that wave still looks good IMO.

T.

p.s. This thread needs more pictures :)

I definitely like the first Nightcrawler better... and not just because I overpaid for it.:blush:

Agreed. I think the excalibur version works great for AOA, the original for my X-Men arcade group. Waiting on dazzler.

Having some camera issues right now (to be precise no batteries!) so I apologise for you having to imagine this one, but I'm currently looking at the oldest and newest red daredevils next to each other here and I must say the wave 43 one is a BIG improvement in my book.

I could not find my Wave 1 Daredevil but I found these. I really wanted to include Zombie Daredevil but sadly it is one of the few Minimates I own that is still in the package. Though I love the new one I am still quite fond of the Marvel Knights Daredevil.

post-955-0-55969300-1343786125_thumb.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that old DC minimates (W1 Superman,W1 Batman, Powergirl, Dr. Fate, Deathstroke, etc.) seem to be at par with newer Marvel minimates? :whistling:

Edit: And no, this is not an attempt to derail the thread into "How I wish we still had DC minimates..." :deathstroke:

Edited by warburger

Has anyone else noticed that old DC minimates (W1 Superman,W1 Batman, Powergirl, Dr. Fate, Deathstroke, etc.) seem to be at par with newer Marvel minimates? :whistling:

Edit: And no, this is not an attempt to derail the thread into "How I wish we still had DC minimates..." :deathstroke:

Yeah, I think Aquaman still looks modern when compared to most figures.

BHM has frequently commented about the high quality of the DC figures in relation to the spottiness of their Marvel counterparts, but I agree on this level, as well. DCD Batman and Superman look analogous to what we've only gotten with guys like Captain America over the last 2 years or so IMO.

• 2 months later...