UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pappymojo (Boston)

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Boston, happily married father to twin boys, and just started collecting minimates in 2012. My boys were born last year and I love them. They were born in November and I really struggled with what to buy them as Christmas presents when they were one month old. Ended up buying them 2011 Proof Silver Eagles, figuring they were collectable and should retain some of their value. Since then started reading comic books again (haven't read them in forever, but kept abreast of developing storylines, mostly through reviews on aintitcoolnews). Bought some comics this year and notices Minimates in the store. Didn't buy any for a while though. Finally broke down when the Avengers sets came out at the Disney store. Since then have picked up the Thor four pack (on sale for $7.99), some best of sets (Iron Man/Thing) and (Wolverine, Sabertooth), some Marvel vs Capcom sets (Spiderman, Hulk, TaskMaster, Deadpool) and some of the most recent wave (Spidersense Spiderman/Punisher) and (Daredevil/Kingpin) and a couple of randoms that were on sale (black and white Frankenstein/Dracula) and (Gaby Jones/Hydra Flame Thrower).

I don't think I'll ever order anything online. I like to buy it in person.

Plan on separating the toys into two boxes to present to them on their 8th birthday.

Hiya Pappy! Welcome aboard. With Silver Eagles, you really can't go wrong. The earn a premium because they are proofs (on minted in SF,CA) and being pure silver, they will increase in worth even without a low run on the date. I am a life member of the American Numismatic Association, so you could say I have a little experience with coins.

Happy collecting!