UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

Given that I've been out of the loop on Minimates for while, anyone care to catch me up on these? I've kinda figured they aren't out yet.

1. Was the movie made? If so, where can I watch it? The link to the movie on the website doesn't work. I get a 404 error.
  2. Why is the http://www.agent88films.com/ website filled with broken image links?
    1. The links on this site for a company featured on agent88films doesn't work either. What's going on? http://studiofunhouse.com/
  3. For those that saw the movie, was it any good? Assuming it was made in the first place.
  4. Anyone have a red Agent88 promo they can part with? I don't think I ever got my hands on one.
  5. Has DST had any comment?
  6. Didn't someone pay like a thousand dollars for a one-of-a-kind hand-made by Digger custom? Any pictures of that one?

Sorry if these have been answered in this thread, I dug through all 42 pages and didn't find any answers.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all did but approved/finalized work in a certain format is required to move forward and he has dropped the ball on all of it...

Ahhh. Got it. I guess he's busy with other projects.

IMDb says the movie was released on August 8th, 2013. And it's only 16 minutes long. Weird. I thought this was going to be a series of ad funded free web episodes.

Am I remembering correctly that a character in the movie was going to be a Minimates collector?

Here's my latest entry on the Agent 88 Kickstarter comment page in response to Justin's repeated question of "What is the cause of the lengthy delay of production/delivery of the Minimates incentives?"

"My guess as to what the cause of the lengthy delay is that all the money has already been spent and they can't afford to have the incentives produced. If you have seen the pilot episode you can tell what high quality it is and why it must of cost in excess of one hundred thousand dollars to make(remember camera phones aren't cheap if you aren't eligible for an upgrade), easily on par of such wonderful films as Sharknado and Birdemic. I honestly can't understand why a major television network hasn't picked it up to become the hugely popular success it is destined to be. Obviously network execs can't comprehend the genius that is Digger T Mesch, so us mere mortals must pay the price of not getting the incentives we were promised for donating to this project."

If that doesn't get Digger's attention, I don't know what will biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Coversation between Geoff Beckett and Digger Mesch at Toyfair:

Digger: Man, these people are giving me a hard time about those toys I promised them as a Kickstarter reward. What should I do?

Geoff: Just tell them you're in China finalizing things. That will buy you weeks, if not years.

dry.png

Oh.......so this whole time the delay hasn't been a lack of communication between Digger and DST. It's been the Chinese factory's inability to properly make the 'mates according to Digger's designs. Weird that the factories are able to make all the 'mates designed by DST and Art Asylum without someone needing to go there to straighten everything out, but the Agent 88 'mates have had them stumped for more than a year now.

Oh.......so this whole time the delay hasn't been a lack of communication between Digger and DST. It's been the Chinese factory's inability to properly make the 'mates according to Digger's designs. Weird that the factories are able to make all the 'mates designed by DST and Art Asylum without someone needing to go there to straighten everything out, but the Agent 88 'mates have had them stumped for more than a year now.

Maybe the factory is just blown away by the sheer awesomeness of Digger's designs. I mean, they are the greatest things ever to grace the minimate line, right? Right?

I can't believe it's me that's saying this but I think Luke's between a rock & a hard place when he conveys to us what he's heard from Digger .....I'm all in for giving Digger his just desserts but c'mon let's not shoot the messenger .

sorry If my post was misconstrude as any kind of slight on Luke, that was Definately NOT my Intention.

• 2 weeks later...