UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

I think one issue to keep in mind, M'atetastic, is that Minimates were only one of the incentives types offered. DVDs of the pilot were also a big incentive offered, as was other prop items, if I recall. It could be that the Minimates are ready, or on the boat, so to speak.

The delay could be in Digger's end. If you have a crowd funded show, with, it seems, an unprecedented and unrepeatable level of different incentives, you might want to release all incentives at the same time. This would ensure that no one gets incentives before other incentives are even available. It would also cut down on shipping costs.

I am by no means justifying the delay or Digger's lack of communication. I am only pointing out that there could be a perfectly valid reason for the delay of Minimates, at the least.

After watching what little footage was offered on CBS this morning, it looks like there might have been a bit of post production, too. Notably a lot of Matrix style battle sequences with flying weapons.

And here is the entire email I received:

Thank you EVERYONE!!!!

This morning on 8-8-13

"CBS THIS MORNING WITH CHARLIE ROSE"

is airing a special segment on AGENT 88 to coincide with the big pilot debut on Chill.com. CBS interviewed our Director Digger T Mesch, our leading lady Kay D'Arcy and myself Producer Jan Utstein. So tune in from 7am - 9am!

THE TIME IS FINALLY HERE!!!!

It is 8/8 - one year to the day that all you heroes helped us make this day become a reality. We are VERY HAPPY to finally be able to say:

AGENT 88: EPISODE X - THE PILOT IS LAUNCHING!!!!

and..... We go live in 4-6 hours!

We are proud to say that we have partnered with Chill.com They are helping us to get each and every one of you your personal download of the film!

So expect your DIGITAL DOWNLOAD codes in the next 2 days and Look for an email from us with instructions on how to get AGENT 88: EPISODE X!!!

For your friends and family members the Pilot is available for download beginning 8/8 for only 88 cents, that price is only good for 8 days!

Here is the link - get all your friends to check it out:

www.chill.com/agent88

Thank you for your continued support over the last year. Now that pilot is done we can concentrate on getting the remaining incentives out to all of you. Thank you everyone for your patience!

Warm Wishes to all,

Jan and Digger

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Kickstarter was never about making Minimates. Minimates were one of many incentives offered – and I think they simply overpromised on them. I'm sure there was no ill will or intent to scam anyone – based on the objectives clearly stated in the Kickstarter, their number one priority was to make this pilot. Making sure the Minimates got made and into the hands of a very small, but very vocal group of Minimates fans who frankly don't give two craps about their TV show was, I imagine, not even in the list of their top ten priorities.

This Kickstarter was never about making Minimates. Minimates were one of many incentives offered – and I think they simply overpromised on them. I'm sure there was no ill will or intent to scam anyone – based on the objectives clearly stated in the Kickstarter, their number one priority was to make this pilot. Making sure the Minimates got made and into the hands of a very small, but very vocal group of Minimates fans who frankly don't give two craps about their TV show was, I imagine, not even in the list of their top ten priorities.

Bingo!

Minimate fans were just a means to an end of getting Digger's project made. Digger used his connections to make an incentive for his main goal, and minimates were never the priority. It is a bit concerning that DST hasn't weighed in at all on their update since they are manufacturing them. But as much as I want to see you guys get what you paid for, I'd hate to see any regular minimates delayed due to Agent 88 tieing up the manufacturing plant.

Just look at how Digger came to this very site, and shilled the heck out of the Minimates until the Kickstarter thing was funded, and then completely disappeared. Clearly, the Minimates and fans were a means to an end and nothing more, and are currently being treated with a corresponding level of respect.

Lobsterman and Karamazov say how I feel best in the posts above. I know Minimates were never the reason behind it, but I do feel they were a means to an end as well.

And that's what upsets me most here is I feel we were used. Not just us, but the Minimates name is being used as well to get what Digger wants in the end. Seems odd that in interviews over the years he's sounded disappointed in how Minimates now are, and yet in all of the credits on this project he's "Creator of Minimates Toys".

Maybe so many incentive promises shouldn't have been made (Minimates or not) if they couldn't be seen through to completion in the timeline they said. If the Kickstarter wasn't to fund the incentives, then there's no reason why the incentives (Minimates or otherwise) couldn't have been more ready to go.

Honestly I'm glad we're getting minimates for this terrible little event. The show won't make it past the pilot, we'll probably get Minimates (but only because of DST) and Digger will go away again. And this time he won't be back. He's burned bridges here, and more importantly, called in his last favor at DST. He can hang around all he wants, I've got nothing against the guy, but he is finished in any official capacity. He can't ever pull official strings again. And that is better for everyone.

I'm really sorry for those of you that put your faith and money in this project. I hope we do see the mates, I'm sure they'll be awesome custom fodder.

It may be worth it for someone to message kick starter, I'm sure they're interested to know when a project they've backed isn't following through or updating people who pledged money.

Honestly I'm glad we're getting minimates for this terrible little event. The show won't make it past the pilot, we'll probably get Minimates (but only because of DST) and Digger will go away again. And this time he won't be back. He's burned bridges here, and more importantly, called in his last favor at DST. He can hang around all he wants, I've got nothing against the guy, but he is finished in any official capacity. He can't ever pull official strings again. And that is better for everyone.

Damn TM2. That's hardcore.

Damn TM2. That's hardcore.

I don't hate Digger AT ALL. Really, he's a nice guy with a ton of heart. He's just one super cool cat. smile.png

But I wouldn't trust him with a dollar if my life depended on it.

Perspective, guys. I think you're vastly overestimating the significance of Digger pissing off like ten people on this board. Think about the universe of people who paid money for this project:

Fans of Agent 88, the TV series: Yay! Happy! The pilot is done and Charlie Rose is giving Digger a handjob on CBS!

Personal friends and associates of Digger: See above.

The Entertainment Industrial Compex: Excellent, more shoot-em-up ninja stuff!

Retailers who bought in for exclusives: Luke is the only retailer who bought into an exclusive and has advertised it that I've seen; for all practical purposes the other exclusives are probably giveaways for the respective companies that ordered them, and for which they have made no timeline promises to their customers. So, no hurt feelings there.

DST: This favor we're probably doing at a loss for Digger is for sure first thing on our to-do list after we produce all of those Marvel, Walking Dead, Thundercats, Battle Beasts, Star Trek, etc Minimates people actually pay us money for. And wow, the guys on the board would be totally pissed if they found out we had to bump any of that stuff for this project, huh?

Us: Grr! Super mad our toys related to a TV series (which as far as the general public is concerned just came out today) aren't done yet!

The overall arc of Agent 88 has not sounded at all like a career-ending trainwreck to me; it only comes into that light when viewed through the very narrow lens of Minimates. Chuck and Digger have been friends a long time (these Minimates wouldn't have happened at all if they weren't), and I imagine the two of them kicking back at Comic Con, clinking beers, and saying "eh, we'll get 'em done when we get 'em done."

George Lucas is still involved with SW isn't he??

"Creative Consultant?"

I think that's the same title Paramount gave Gene Roddenberry when they booted him off of film projects, which is why he went on to create TNG.

But I'm pretty sure Uncle George is just a figurehead now. And happy that way, I'm sure.

Ironically " .......pissing off like ten people on this board " perfectly demonstrates IMHO the total apathy that most of us* had or have for the whole project .

* my belief based on what I've read here.

I'm not someone who would personally attack another person verbally on the internet but anybody who wears shades/sunglasses indoors all of the time & mainly on the top of their head ain't endearing themselves to me too quickly......once they address me as 'man' then I move into different territory altogether .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Charlie Rose is giving Digger a handjob on CBS!

Thanks so much for that image that will give me nightmares for weeks on end.

I'm not someone who would personally attack another person verbally on the internet but anybody who wears shades/sunglasses indoors all of the time & mainly on the top of their head ain't endearing themselves to me too quickly

Obviously you didn't grow up watching Jim McMahon play football.

Well, I am one of those that invested more than a few dollars into this. Digger is not a crook, but his lack of participation here since achieving his financial goal, is disappointing. I am hoping things will slow down for him a bit and he can get back to providing us with our figures.

Well, I am one of those that invested more than a few dollars into this. Digger is not a crook, but his lack of participation here since achieving his financial goal, is disappointing. I am hoping things will slow down for him a bit and he can get back to providing us with our figures.

Ditto

I'm not someone who would personally attack another person verbally on the internet but anybody who wears shades/sunglasses indoors all of the time & mainly on the top of their head ain't endearing themselves to me too quickly......once they address me as 'man' then I move into different territory altogether .

Hey, man! This is what I have been doing since high school. We have a problem here? :confused:

Granted, my sunglasses are vintage Blueblockers and serve a purpose outside and u don't have a case that fits them, and they are kind of falling apart a little, but still.... :D

Edited by Onyx_6

Ditto

All Kickstarter backers should be receiving an email with a link to download the pilot episode of Agent 88. I have not had a chance to watch it yet. If you were not a backer, you can download the pilot for only 88 cents here: http://www.chill.com/agent88

Digger also gave me an update on the Minimates - DST has picked up the A88 license and will start production on the Minimates this month, along with some busts and banks.