UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you are saying HP, "you don't have to be the one that knocked over an old lady to be the one that picks her up". smile.png

I get his intent, as well. The problem I have with it is that after you help the old lady, you just might get a letter from a lawyer saying you were not qualified to help her up and now you're being sued for injuries received in the good deed. The road to hell...

Hey Rob, I laughed. laugh.png

I can see the point you guys are making. And I didn't Kickstart, so it's not like I'm asking for anything for myself. What's sure, I think, is that this is the last time DST agrees to something like this, for Digger or anybody. It's a good thing the Minimate fan base is generally so reasonable; if this was another group of toy collectors, they'd just be skewering everybody.

and now for a distraction...................The Irony of his name being Digger, as in Gold Digger, as in someone that uses others for money then leaves them..........did that work? biggrin.png

whistling.gif I aint sayin' he's a gold DIGGER, but he ain't sent out any block figures...whistling.gif

Edited by Mattallica

Ironically ....in some respects.....I take some blame for this debacle . It is a debacle & the reason I say that I should take some of the blame is that I more or less smelt a rat at the start & although I most certainly wasn't alone..... I fell for it ,the older I get the less I get caught . I should have said more.

Read the early posts in this thread..... they are oh so telling yet the honey-trap of some authorised minimates with a bit of exclusivity was irresistible but .............(cue) the theme from CSI " won't get fooled again "

My opinion of Digger ...which was once ambivalence tinged with a tincture of "hey he gave kubricks elbows & arms" but "hey he was dull at SDCC " into .....

.....into SAD .

Ironically ....in some respects.....I take some blame for this debacle . It is a debacle & the reason I say that I should take some of the blame is that I more or less smelt a rat at the start & although I most certainly wasn't alone..... I fell for it ,the older I get the less I get caught . I should have said more.

Read the early posts in this thread..... they are oh so telling yet the honey-trap of some authorised minimates with a bit of exclusivity was irresistible but .............(cue) the theme from CSI " won't get fooled again "

My opinion of Digger ...which was once ambivalence tinged with a tincture of "hey he gave kubricks elbows & arms" but "hey he was dull at SDCC " into .....

.....into SAD .

Its ok big guy, I still love you.

From page 4 of this very thread

"If anyone wants to speak to me directly for any reason email me your
name and number to digger@digdeepentertainment.com and I'll call you
back for as long as im able. Even if you want to bitch me out for trying
to create change...thats fine.

Peace love and respect,

Digger"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHArofl.gif

Edited by Mattallica

• 2 weeks later...

I asked someone attending Emerald City Con, to ask Digger what was going on and he told them he had an upcoming meeting with DST. More of the same...

Somebody who knows how to set up a Facebook fan page should create one and highlight what's going on. Call it "Agent 88 Scam" or something like that. Then post screenshots of Digger's/Jan's bogus updates. Maybe even show screenshots of his personal FBposts where he usually gloats about his projects. Then buy ads for it on Facebook and have the ad appear on the actual Agent 88 fan page.

Good find.

My eye was drawn to the section bolded with the words "Could Kickstarter..." which then italicises three bullet points (forgive my jargon)..........of which the first one says "Projects cannot sell items or offer rewards not produced by the project or its creator " .

Not quite slam-dunk because ol' Digger will probably say that he is the creator of Minimates but it's worth a shot because he doesn't 'produce' them !

I wonder if posting about Digger's own scam in the comments section of that article would get his attention unsure.png

Also - looking back at the KS page, it's not only the Minimates that he hasn't delivered. So many promises unfulfilled:

• Digital Download of an Exclusive Screensaver
  • Digital Download of Minimates Key Art Turn-Arounds
  • Your Name in the Thank You Section of the AGENT 88 Website
  • HD DVD of AGENT 88 PILOT
  • Key Art Turn-Around Mini-Poster Signed and Numbered by Digger and Agent 88 Actress Kay D'Arcy
  • HEAVY METAL FAKK2 MOVIE SPECIAL (not sure if this shipped with the art book)
  • WOMAN'S TANK TOP & HEART - INCLUDES White 88 Tank Top with Pink Design, OR Pink 88 Tank Top with White Design... Heart Shaped Dog Tags with A88 Logo
  • A88 on the STREET PACKAGE - INCLUDES: Hoodie with Agent 88 Graphic... A88 Eight Ball Keychain...
  • etc... etc... etc...

headslap.gif

buttheadsmate, on 04 Apr 2014 - 01:48, said:

the first one says "Projects cannot sell items or offer rewards not produced by the project or its creator " .

Not quite slam-dunk because ol' Digger will probably say that he is the creator of Minimates but it's worth a shot because he doesn't 'produce' them !

I think this is badly worded on the part of either that article or possibly Kickstarter if it’s taken from their rules.

A lot of Kickstarters aren’t “producing” their own goods, they’re getting funding to mass produce something.

For example:

I have a really kick ass design for cel phone cover with built in chip clip (or for those on the other side of the pound: a really kick arse design for a mobile phone cover with built in crisp clip) you know for those times when you’re tucking into a bag of salt n’ vinegary goodness and you get a call, this phone cover let’s you answer WITHOUT LOSING FRESHNESS!

I can bring my design to a factory in China and THEY can produce the clipcase (TRADEMARKED!) for me and I can go to Kickstarter to raise the funds to produce the initial order.

Even though I’m not hand making each and every clipcase sold, I’m not violating Kickstarter’s rules that “I” produce every item.

What that means is I can’t offer as a reward to fund the clipcase 15 different bags of chips (crisps) I bought at the store to use with my product since I didn’t have any hand in the crisps (chips) production.

This is probably to prevent someone from “cheating” by offering some rare item to fund something completely unrelated... so if Digger offered original Gold Spider-man minimates he’d be in violation, you can go to eBay to sell your old stuff to raise funds if that’s your game but Kickstarter doesn’t want you holding a yard sale through them to get rid of it.

So technically Digger is the “producer” of the Agent 88 minimates, he’s taken the design and moneys to DST and they will make for him a unique product.

Unless “produce” here means “deliver” in which case he’s not producing shit. (unless we’re talking Agent 88, in which he did produce shit.)

For a minute I thought you were serious about the chip clip. Wait, are you serious? wacko.png

I think BHM is right here, though. Digger isn't producing anything, DST is. He's not following the scenario that you laid out, since he isn't doing the legwork of hiring a factory and making sure the product gets produced. Really, all he has to do is deliver some fucking design sheets, right? What a lazy bastard. I love that on Pinoy's list there one of the unfulfilled promises is "Your Name in the Thank You Section of the AGENT 88 Website". I mean... what the fuck? You can't even ADD NAMES TO A WEB SITE?!stick.gif

Edited by hellpop

hellpop, on 04 Apr 2014 - 07:31, said:

For a minute I thought you were serious about the chip clip. Wait, are you serious? wacko.png

No, no, I was joking! I mean who’d want a chip clip cel phone case hahahahaaaa.... (quickly tears up production notes and eats them)