UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

Putting any other characteristic of Bush aside, I, too, was impressed with his ability to avoid that shoe. If reflexes factor into rankings of Presidential greatness, then +1 for that man.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush mk. 1 was a college first baseman, so he probably has good reflexes.

Obama plays basketball, so his are probably pretty good.

Nixon was an offensive lineman, but not a very good one, so his are probably weak.

That's about all I've got to add.

Has anyone seen the latest posts by Digger/Jan/whoever on the KS comments page?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460783231/agent-88-the-web-series/comments

I think it's another BS story.

The second one, they added "This is a message that was sent to me and I am posting here for the backer as requested..."

Why would a "backer" need somebody else to paste a message for them? All backers have the ability to post comments.

Of course, the latest is the canned BS they've given us before.

Looks to me like Jan didn't realize she was signed in under Digger's account when she posted the "backer" comment.

Jan has been posting there under Digger's account (see her past updates).

Those 3 posts stood out for me as an attempt to create the illusion of a "nameless backer" defending the producers. I think it backfired when she realized after posting that she was actually posting as Digger (duh). And to "fix" that, she adds "This is a message that was sent to me and I am posting here for the backer as requested..."

Ask yourselves, why would a backer need Jan or Digger to post messages on his or her behalf?

If that backer really existed and wanted to come to their defense, he or she would have posted directly. No need to send to Jan (who doesn't have a KS account herself) to do it.

I don't think there's anything sketchy about that. If they really wanted to deceive, they would create a fake account and post as a fan that way. Someone probably just sent an e-mail, and they are doing the best damage control they can by reposting those messages on the Kickstarter page.

I don't think there's anything sketchy about that. If they really wanted to deceive, they would create a fake account and post as a fan that way. Someone probably just sent an e-mail, and they are doing the best damage control they can by reposting those messages on the Kickstarter page.

I don't think they can do that under a newly registered (fake) account because only backers and project owners can post comments.

Again, why would a supposed backer have to email his comments to Jan when he could easily post it himself? It is a response to the earlier post by Ryan Adams after all.

The newest Ask DST went up today and Chuck was asked

"any update on the agent 88 kickstarter? can you reveal how those figures are coming or when they can be expected?"

His response was "Any update on Agent 88, you would have to ask the movie folks."

Seems to me the meeting Digger claims to have had at NY toy fair didn't actually happen or possibly these questions were answered before then and have just now been posted, I going to assume the former is the most likely scenario.

Edited by Santos L Halper

Here's my latest post to the Kickstarter page:

http://www.artasylum.com/2014/03/ask-dst-244-minimates-r-us/

Another DST Q&A was posted with another question about the status of the Agent 88 Minimates:

Q: Any update on the agent 88 kickstarter? can you reveal how those figures are coming or when they can be expected?
DST Chuck: Any update on Agent 88, you would have to ask the movie folks.

Can we please get a transparent answer to why these are taking so long to get produced? I feel like we are being left in the dark as to why there has been well over a year for the delay, and some ownership from Jan/Digger to that fact would go a long way. No more "we'll have details soon" types of answers, just a legitimate answer to the question of "what is taking so long?" We are OWED an explanation, not just PR fluff.

Money is easy to earn back when lost, credibility...not so much.

Great question, YB. I posted a similar question there on Nov. 28th with no reply.

What I don't understand is why they can't simply give us a straight answer. And I mean from Digger AND from DST. If DST hasn't been in contact with Digger and the Minimates aren't headed to production why not just say that. And for Digger and Jan, why all the smoke and mirrors? If they don't intend to produce the incentives there's little recourse the backers can take. Just come out and say, "Sorry. We're not producing the Minimates."

I think for DST its more of a situation that Digger, not the Agent 88 backers, is their customer (regardless of whatever arrangements he made with them), and despite the unique situation DST has to remain professional in their approach. While it doesn't help us get a straight answer, pointing all questions back to Digger is just the business appropriate way to handle this situation.

Not to mention that Digger and Chuck are friends. I think that DST is in a really awkward situation; they agreed to this arrangement to help Digger out, and he's really dropped the ball. I still think it would be a good move by DST to offer those backers waiting for Minimates a blank or something for their trouble, though I certainly don't think any of this is their fault.

I hope DST doesn't offer to "gift" anyone who is owed by the Agent 88 project. I think they should stay as far away from all of this as they can and never do favors for this particular org again.

I hope DST doesn't offer to "gift" anyone who is owed by the Agent 88 project. I think they should stay as far away from all of this as they can and never do favors for this particular org again.

Agreed, I don't see this as DSTs mess at all, and regardless of the price including any possible "friend" discount offered to Digger to produce these, they are simply work for hire.

And while I'd love them to come forth with all the dirty details as to why we don't have these, I certainly understand why they haven't.

Edited by Mattallica

We already had a long back and forth about this, and I don't want to revisit it, but I just think it could go a long way towards soothing the feelings of your core customer base to just send out a blank or something. DST may not be at fault, but Minimates are their property, and they allowed them to be used, so ultimately it's on them to protect the brand. You don't have to be at fault to do the right thing.

But DST didn't do anything. Why should they eat the cost of creating a blank, packaging them, going through the logistics of finding out all the contact information and who gets what, then mailing them out. I don't think this would be a cheap endeavor and would net them nothing that they don't already have. Plus, what happens when the crowd that doesn't get one says, "what about the rest of us who collect and want the blank sent out to the Agent 88 backers! This isn't fair."? Now you've created another situation.

Again, its just my opinion, but DST didn't do anything but agree to use their copyright protected figure as a promotional item in another parties bid to make a movie. They are waiting for the information that allows them to follow through. Where are they in the wrong here?

They're not in the wrong. It would simply be a goodwill gesture to appease a restless fan base. And I'm not suggesting they create something new, but simply send out existing blanks. As far as collecting addresses, just say "send your backer pledge to DST Customer Service, and we'll send you something out". That's it. No big thing.

It's a moot point, because they obviously aren't going to do it. And, again, I don't want to get into a whole big thing about this again (and yes, I realize that I shouldn't have brought this up in that case). But in this case I do feel that a goodwill gesture to your customer base would be a good idea. At the end of the day, Minimates are DST's IP, and they need to protect that, regardless of who is at fault.