UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

Conmen (and women) are very good at and make a living off of making people feel bad and sorry for them. I've had very personal experience with one over the last 15 years. they are creeps in my book (even if it is family). Just look at what this thread is all about, its the reason I didn't give big "D" any of my money. Its pretty funny that they were photographed together. You don't know how bad I wanted to pre order his Daredevil and black terror figures he was promising to do, it was next to impossible for me to not dive in.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify--I'm not suggesting that collectors should forgive or forget any of the things this guy has done, or that any con artist does. Seems like he definitely should be ostracized from the collecting community to the extent possible. People should be held accountable for their actions. And really, my own skepticism and cynicism usually keep me away from folks without a track record for things like this. But on a human level, with an exception for those who create real physical, emotional/psychological, or financial harm (like identity theft or manipulating old folks out of their savings), I hate seeing other human beings going through what seem to be rough times. Life is hard enough when you aren't struggling to get by financially, or if you can't look at yourself in the mirror. So, I do hope those things aren't happening to this guy. On the other hand, I hope he eventually gets the hint and tries to turn things around. Leeching off of others to sell bootleg "exclusives" while ripping people off through online sales is no way to operate.

Here is the thing for me, its like the old saying, "fool me once, shame on you...". I once tried to get people to lay off the "little guy" and encouraged folks to take it easy on the new company just trying to live a dream many of us have. The first few scandals with this entity were issues that were not beyond reason and things that any company could encounter. It just kept getting more and more ridiculous and now the name change and attitude that the "other company" was someone else entirely. Who falls for this shite? Really?! No thanks. There are good people here and I hope not one of you shed a tear for what this reaper sows.

I had the great pleasure of attending the New York International Toy Fair in '10 as press and dismissing entirely Shockers' attempts at getting any sort of coverage from our site. Whether there were any decent employees there, I can't say, and if so, I'm sorry they backed the wrong horse, but if you showed me video footage of the Shocker offices burning down and all their product with it, I wouldn't shed a single damned tear out of anything but joy

• 2 weeks later...

I love the fact that Beckett has a new crowd funding project going and NO ONE will contribute. Even after promising free figures for the first 50, NO ONE will bite.

Digger is beyond caring about Agent 88 minimates. Its over and done with, I think.

• 5 months later...

Well, he told me he was trying to get them done by December. Obviously, that did not happen. I too would like my Minimates from this project. Maybe Zach knows if Digger has made any attempts at completion, but I doubt I will ask him again anytime soon.

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/attorney-general-asylum-playing-cards-crowdfunded-project/

A man in Washington state contacted the State Attorney General regarding a Kickstarter that never fulfilled rewards, and that project only totaled $25,000. I tried the same with Michigan, but got the run around after 5 or 6 months and eventually lost the email.

Anyone here from Washington state back Agent 88?

http://www.atg.wa.gov/

Anyone else want to take a stab at contacting their Attorney General? If so, be sure to reference the Washington state lawsuit to show precedence.

It's ridiculous that Kickstarter has been allowed to operate without some type of terms of service update to account for negligent projects. More state-backed lawsuits will hopefully effect some sort of change to this policy.

Currently Digger is doing work for DST in exchange for getting these Minimates produced. I confirmed with Zach that this arrangement exists. Digger expects production to begin on these in April. Who knows if that date is correct, but these are still happening eventually.

In all seriousness, I just got my first kickstarter rewards from a project from last summer. There's awesome potential with that site and if I had known i could get exclusive minimates I would have jumped all over this with everyone else here that did. But at this point I would be so bitter when I did receive them i would probably throw the little digger in the garbage disposal in the sink.

I'm really sorry this happened to you guys and I'm sorry for minimates that's he had to come back and smear the brand with his unique brand of douche. I hope everyone gets what they paid for and more.

Currently Digger is doing work for DST in exchange for getting these Minimates produced. I confirmed with Zach that this arrangement exists.

That's a good out for DST/Dock workers, as any delays in Minimates can now be attributed to Digger. smile.png

Currently Digger is doing work for DST in exchange for getting these Minimates produced. I confirmed with Zach that this arrangement exists. Digger expects production to begin on these in April. Who knows if that date is correct, but these are still happening eventually.

It's nice that someone gets this info, but the fact is still that Digger should be communicating this info directly to each and every person that contributed to his project.

It's nice that someone gets this info, but the fact is still that Digger should be communicating this info directly to each and every person that contributed to his project.

Bottom line really. profess.gif

Currently Digger is doing work for DST in exchange for getting these Minimates produced.

I'm having a bit of fun imagining the kind of work he might be doing for DST. I hope it involves rubber.

I hope it involves DST making a full size Penance suit and Digger is the life model to test it.

A huge 'thank you' to you, Luke, for keeping us informed about this. And I couldn't agree more. Why the #%$^ can't Digger just SAY THAT ON THE KICKSTARTER PAGE if that is indeed the case?! Anyway, just glad this fiasco might have a happy ending.

He's smart enough to know anything he posts on a public forum will be used against him. Once he acknowledges his guilt on a public website he can't take it back, he has to downplay everything he does at this point related to the kickstarter.

Even if he happened to take all the kickstarter comments to heart long ago after screwing everyone, he's not going to be helping himself by admitting it in print.

He must be worried about backlash to some extent if he struck up a deal to work the mates off with DST.