UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This evening, (after a year of built up frustration with this whole ordeal) I finally decided to post a message on Digger's facebook page to see if he would respond, earlier today he posted a picture that said "and the lived happily ever after" so I posted this:

"They lived happily ever after except for all the people who donated to your
Kickstarter Agent 88 project and have yet to receive any of the
incentives they were promised. It's funny that on your Kickstarter page
it says "Since Bank Robbery Isn't An Option", but deceiving them with
promises of incentives is apparently an option and a very profitable one
at that, seeing as you raised $104, 701. You're nothing but a
con-artist who took advantage of people who collect minimates and
trusted that someone with the connections you have would deliver on
said promises. You came to the minimatemultiverse message board
promoting your project everyday until your goal was reached and once
that happened you disappeared never to be heard from again. It has now
been a year since the incentives were estimated to be delivered; you
should be ashamed of yourself for what you have done and everyone should
be made aware of the crook you are."

After about an hour of being on his page the message was deleted and I have now been blocked form his facebook page, this only further proves to me what a liar he is and that he has no intentions of fulling his promise of incentives.

Was I out of line for posting this message on his facebook page? Maybe, but something needs to be done about this situation. I for one want nothing to do with the minimates and will gladly throw them in the trash if they ever do arrive at my door.

Out of line ? No way ! Bravo ! One of the many problems with this PC world is that you can say what you like unless its true .....& then it gets deleted . Somebody'll argue that you shouldn't have used the word 'crook' or a 'con-artist' ........I wouldn't be amongst them .

Your last comment in your post mirrors my own feelings but I'm fairly confident that the scenario of them arriving at my door isn't going to happen.

The problem with a Facebook page like that is that the get who sets the page up has the right to censor whatever he wants to. So, the post getting deleted isn't surprising. But if you really want to boost public knowledge about all this, I'm sure there are other ways of getting the word out where Digger himself won't be able to silence you. Maybe popular toy forums, for instance.

What about an alternate Facebook page with a very similar name, where people can post there complaints and also where people looking for Digger might find this instead/as well.

He's a crook and he used DST to take advantage of people.

In all seriousness, has anyone just asked him, mentioning what DST has said?

Now you're just being silly, Do you not realize that this is the internet?

How dare you be calm and reasonable its just not the done thing !!!!!!!

wink.png

Seriously though, Shane does have a point, sometimes it's a quiet word that can make a difference, It can be hard to be heard when everyone is shouting.

T.

In my experience, engaging Digger online requires quite a bit of hostility and vulgarity just to get his attention. But maybe he's mellowed a bit in the last ten years.

I think a group intervention at a convention might convey the appropriate level of concern.

In my experience, engaging Digger online requires quite a bit of hostility and vulgarity just to get his attention. But maybe he's mellowed a bit in the last ten years.

I think a group intervention at a convention might convey the appropriate level of concern.

I'd throw a shoe at him .

I'd pay to see that BHM. Its worth a night of pints for sure. highfive.gif

The thing about seeking an audience with Digger at a convention is that no one even needs to pay to attend. An informal meet & greet with his fans in the parking lot would probably have less outside interference and yield more impressive results.

The thing about seeking an audience with Digger at a convention is that no one even needs to pay to attend. An informal meet & greet with his fans in the parking lot would probably have less outside interference and yield more impressive results.

You're my favorite for a reason MPL.

This will only work if someone brings a trident.

T.

“No One Gets In To See The Digger! Not no one, not no how!”

The problem with a Facebook page like that is that the get who sets the page up has the right to censor whatever he wants to. So, the post getting deleted isn't surprising. But if you really want to boost public knowledge about all this, I'm sure there are other ways of getting the word out where Digger himself won't be able to silence you. Maybe popular toy forums, for instance.

So post it where he cannot delete it. Like here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460783231/agent-88-the-web-series/comments

Or here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3278942/board/thread/225477411

Digger sent me a few texts yesterday. He said that he had several meetings with various members of DST staff over Toy Fair weekend, and that production is finally able to begin. He said he will send me concrete dates when he has them, but to expect these late summer.

I think its safe to think I'm not one of Diggers favorite people, as I've dogged him on various social media, biggrin.png

Same goes for me biggrin.png My problem with this whole ordeal has been the lack of updates to the people who donated their hard earned money to his project. Maybe a couple hundred dollars isn't much to someone like him, but to me(and many others that donated) it is a lot of money and after a year and a half of no updates; what kind of reaction does he expect?

I think its safe to think I'm not one of Diggers favorite people, as I've dogged him on various social media, biggrin.png

Same goes for me biggrin.png My problem with this whole ordeal has been the lack of updates to the people who donated their hard earned money to his project. Maybe a couple hundred dollars isn't much to someone like him, but to me(and many others that donated) it is a lot of money and after a year and a half of no updates; what kind of reaction does he expect?

Im with ya Brother!

Im sure, if by some miracle that we actually get these at the end of the summer, Mine will come Broken, or spit upon.

Edited by Mattallica

Digger sent me a few texts yesterday. He said that he had several meetings with various members of DST staff over Toy Fair weekend, and that production is finally able to begin. He said he will send me concrete dates when he has them, but to expect these late summer.

For crying out loud... that line again? I don't mean to be cynical but how many times can he expect the same joke directed at the same crowd to be funny?

Here's a timeline of dates Digger's relayed through Luke:

In August 2012 they were coming in December 2012

In Nov '12 it was Jan '13

Feb '13 -- Mar / Apr '13

Mar '13 -- Summer '13

July '13 -- More info at SDCC

Aug '13 -- Production starts Aug '13

Nov '13 -- Not in production yet

Mar '14 -- Late summer '14

What's the old saying? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me eight times...?"

Who throws a shoe?

This will only work if someone brings a trident.

T.

THAT escalated quickly!

Who throws a shoe?

This guy.

shoe-thrown-at-bush-o.gif

Edited by Lobsterman