UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

here's this:

on 1/29 I sent (another) message to Jan Utstein-O'Neill via her facebook page, I actually got a reply this time.
Chat Conversation Start
Wednesday 12:05pm
where are our incentives for supporting Agent 88 via Kickstarter? They are a year over-due
55 minutes ago
186010_1017627400_6843316_q.jpg
Hi
Matt - We've been going back and forth with Diamond over the Minimates.
Digger is personally going to meet with the folks at Diamond to get
things movings. A number of the other incentives that didn't include
Minimates have shipped and everyone of the backers received instructions
on how to download the film. I hope to have news to report in the next
two weeks on the Minimate schedule. Thank you, Jan

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Matt - We've been going back and forth with Diamond over the Minimates.

Digger is personally going to meet with the folks at Diamond to get

things movings. A number of the other incentives that didn't include

Minimates have shipped and everyone of the backers received instructions

on how to download the film. I hope to have news to report in the next

two weeks on the Minimate schedule. Thank you, Jan

post-638-0-84778700-1391182899_thumb.jpg

From the new Q&A, as close to Chuck saying "we're waiting on Digger" as we're going to get:

Matthew K.
...oh! yeah… what ever happened to the Agent 88 Minimates?...
DSTChuck: As for Agent 88, we work for Digger on that project, so you have to direct any questions you may have at him.

I'm convinced these will never see the light of day.

Again i would encourage everyone who backed this project to demand a refund from kickstarter, at this point its our only real recourse to put pressure on Digger. frankly this whole deal has such a bad taste,that I personally dont even want the mates anymore, just give me back my hard earned money.

That's not going to happen, Matt.

Can Kickstarter refund the money if a project is unable to fulfill?

No. Kickstarter doesn't issue refunds as transactions are between backers and creators directly. Creators receive all funds (less fees) soon after their campaign ends. Creators have the ability to refund backers through Amazon Payments (for US projects) and Kickstarter (for non-US projects).

As I was told by Jan, when I requested a refund one month after the project completed (September 2012), the money was gone, spent on the production of the short film. I had even initiated the refund from Amazon who handled processing the payment, but because Jan replied with an estimated time-table for the deliverables (then December 2012), Amazon closed my case.

The only way we will get our money back is if somehow Digger decides to refund $105,000 (or whatever the total of Minimate-related contributions) from his personal account.

The only way we will get the Minimates is if Digger provides DST whatever was agreed upon at the time (I'm guessing DST agreed to produce at cost or slightly higher than cost), as I doubt DST agreed to be cover the full cost of production for him.

It's a lose/lose situation.

I know Chuck still wants to get them made, but we can only do so much. We regularly check with Digger for updates, but we still need some info and resources.

There you go, 100% confirmation that the hold up is on Digger's end. Thanks Zach, I know this thread is probably a sore-spot for you, but thanks for posting.

I know Chuck still wants to get them made, but we can only do so much. We regularly check with Digger for updates, but we still need some info and resources.

money.jpg Edited by youbastards

I hope you guys get your deserved backer rewards. It was clear Digger was out to meet his kickstart amount, and sad that he used this community to meet those ends without follow through on his end. I'd be angry too if I backed him and he conned me out of my money.

If 3,000 units is the bare minimum that DST manufactures, I have to wonder how much money would have to be raised for a Minimates Kickstarter campaign. Would the money spent by Minimates collectors have been enough to pay for just the Minimates?

I guess there's now way of knowing since supporters weren't all collectors.

I'm off to bed (UK midnight) so maybe I'll wake up in the morning & find out just how these......

attachicon.gif5a6de7a2859b9bcaa66901650ac1cbb0_large.jpg

...... are going to be made ?

I may have missed something but the entire number of pledges for the entire project is currently 561 ?

:no:

3000 is not the bare minimum that DST manufactures .....3000 is the bare minimum on a new property (quoth Chuck) .

That's not going to happen, Matt.

Can Kickstarter refund the money if a project is unable to fulfill?

No. Kickstarter doesn't issue refunds as transactions are between backers and creators directly. Creators receive all funds (less fees) soon after their campaign ends. Creators have the ability to refund backers through Amazon Payments (for US projects) and Kickstarter (for non-US projects).

As I was told by Jan, when I requested a refund one month after the project completed (September 2012), the money was gone, spent on the production of the short film. I had even initiated the refund from Amazon who handled processing the payment, but because Jan replied with an estimated time-table for the deliverables (then December 2012), Amazon closed my case.

The only way we will get our money back is if somehow Digger decides to refund $105,000 (or whatever the total of Minimate-related contributions) from his personal account.

The only way we will get the Minimates is if Digger provides DST whatever was agreed upon at the time (I'm guessing DST agreed to produce at cost or slightly higher than cost), as I doubt DST agreed to be cover the full cost of production for him.

It's a lose/lose situation.

>

There you go, 100% confirmation that the hold up is on Digger's end. Thanks Zach, I know this thread is probably a sore-spot for you, but thanks for posting.

money.jpg

Realistically, yeah you're probably right but unless we do something this scumbag can (and probably will) use Kickstarter again in the future to scam others out of their cash, im of the mind that i'd rather help others even if i cant get my money back than do nothing, so i will continue to urge everyone involved to demand a refund from kickstarter.

Well, i've followed Mattallica 's example and written to kickstarter.

Hello,
almost a year and a half ago i pledged $268 to back a project. I was led to believe that in return for helping to finance the product, I'd receive a DVD copy of the finished product, a hoodie, some Minimate action figures, a goodie bag, and more.
The film was made and has been distributed electronically, but not a single one of the physical rewards have been offered. Delivery was estimated to be March of 2013. It's now February of 2014. 11 months of delay without a single updated deadline is unacceptable.
I am having serious doubts as to whether Digger T Mesch has, or ever had, any intention of fulfilling his obligations. Attempts to contact him through a variety of mediums have failed.
I'd like to formally request a refund, as the more time passes, the more it seems that Digger T Mesch has scammed a lot of people out of their money using Kickstarter.
A full refund to those who pledged seems like the only fair thing to do from here on in.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

M

I can't say that i'm confident that anything will happen, but i can't really complain unless i do something about it myself.

Edited by Nessex

Unfortunately guys Kickstarter only acts as a middleman. They don't touch the cash besides what's paid to them as their final fee. Our best recourse at this point would be to round everyone up who paid for the Mates and have someone file a small claims case against him in his home state.

Unfortunately guys Kickstarter only acts as a middleman. They don't touch the cash besides what's paid to them as their final fee. Our best recourse at this point would be to round everyone up who paid for the Mates and have someone file a small claims case against him in his home state.

Agreed. I've exchanged emails with KS roughly 7-8 different times. They have made it clear that they are powerless to help get backers back their money.

If anyone decides to take the lead on filing a suit, please consider me on board.

Alternatively, you can help make as much noise about this matter so the public may know.

Chime in here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3278942/board/thread/225477411 or create a new thread/review.