UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

Disappointing. That's about all i can say on this one. I personally sank a couple of hundred dollars into this - and i confess it was mostly for the rewards/loot. I was particularly interested in the concept art (i have a BA in Visual Arts) and the minimates. I was more than happy see this become a successful project and for 88 to go on to become a huge success, but if it didn't, i was still happy to have the art book & the promo minimates. It's a shame that it looks like that may not happen.

It actually seems like a format that might be better suited to comic books. I can actually see a ridiculous, over-the-top story about an old lady assassin being very funnily written and doing well as a web-comic. Kinda like Axe Cop or the like.

In any event, I don't expect anything from DST. They didn't promise to deliver anything. Digger did. Sure - it might be 'nice' for DST to send out apology promo's, but at the end of the day they don't even know who backed this project.... that information (along with the responsibility to those backers) lies solely with Digger.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew! What rewards went out? Several of my friends are still waiting for the art book as well as the signed DVD - none of those have shipped nor is there any word on when they can be expected. So it isn't just the Minimates that's held up, it's everything. If by "some of the rewards already went out" he's referring to the red ones given out during last year's Comic Con, then he's a bigger nut than I imagined. As far as I can tell, those were product samples - kinda like the "free taste" you get from supermarkets. "We'll post as we know something" is the biggest punchline out of this sick joke.

Btw, would the board moderators or admin here know if Digger has peeped in here recently? I'm guessing the logins are recorded. So if he has peeped and has not said a word, then that proves that he's nothing but a d1ck. From what I can see on his Facebook timeline, he's online a lot. Blabs a lot, too.

"Digger T Mesch

says:

Hi Matt,

A number of the rewards have already gone out, however the Minimates
are still held up in production. We are working with Diamond to get back
on track.

We'll post as soon as we know something.

Hang in there....

-Jan and Digger"

Digger still attends conventions. I mentioned the upcoming Michigan con, plus I'm sure he'll be at a future c2e2 or sdcc. Surely someone can ask him in person? I agree with Shanester in that it's best that DST stays out of it officially, but it's great that Zach was able to clue us in on what he has so far. I like youbastards idea of a "Sorry you got porked by Digger." minimate and think I'll one day make that as a custom smile.png

Edited by VulcansFury

Using my rarely publicized ESP abilities, I can tell you what he will say if asked at a convention:

"The Minimates are still held up in production. We are working with Diamond to get back on track. We'll let everyone know as soon as we know something. Hang in there...."

Using my rarely publicized ESP abilities, I can tell you what he will say if asked at a convention:

"The Minimates are still held up in production. We are working with Diamond to get back on track. We'll let everyone know as soon as we know something. Hang in there...."

closely followed by a reply from the audience of bollocks

I think that statement is defamatory towards DST because it implies that the delays have been DST's fault all along (which we all know isn't the case). If he insists on using this line of reasoning, then I think DST should sue the heck out of him.

If somebody does ask, I think the question should not just be about the Minimates because everything else is delayed. The DVD, the art book, the art pieces - none of these have been delivered as far as I can tell.

Digger still attends conventions. I mentioned the upcoming Michigan con, plus I'm sure he'll be at a future c2e2 or sdcc. Surely someone can ask him in person? I agree with Shanester in that it's best that DST stays out of it officially, but it's great that Zach was able to clue us in on what he has so far. I like youbastards idea of a "Sorry you got porked by Digger." minimate and think I'll one day make that as a custom smile.png

• 1 month later...

Im wondering if we demand a refund en mass from kickstarter citing their TOS if that would shake things up?

It's worth a shot. Also, I'm sure the other media sites like Wired, etc would be interested in a story about the failure of Kickstarter projects to fulfill their obligations.

And don't forget: Digger will be at the DluxExpo in Michigan March 28-30th if anyone is able to interview him and put it up on youtube?

EDIT to add: Has anyone considered a class action suit? I'd imagine the clock is ticking on how long we'd have to get one filed.

• 2 weeks later...

I admit I got swept up in the furor of this when it started. IT's not the money that I'm out that bothers me, it's what a lot of the comments earlier stated: He came, he took, and he disappeared. We are almost a year past the original delivery date for getting our Minimates, and I doubt they are ever coming. While most big websites won't give a crap about a small Kickstarter project not fulfilling it's rewards, it might be a good idea to start making noise about it. In the end we may be out our money, but it could do some serious damage to Digger's ability to ever get funding from somewhere else again.

Everyone that funded this needs to make a formal request/demand for a refund from Kickstarter Now. they are starting to listen as i have repeatedly been contacting them.

This is the latest answer they (KS) sent me after multiple attempts at having them step in:

I'm sorry that you haven't heard back about this yet, but I've updated my notes about this creator for future reference, should they submit another project. While I'm not able to do much more than this, I appreciate you taking the time to update me and I'm sorry again that this creator hasn't responded, even after we've reached out. I'll make sure our Trust & Safety team reviews your messages as well - thanks again for writing in.

I also contacted Amazon Payments to ask about the possibility of getting a refund. This is what I got:

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the incentives for backing the kickstarter project. I understand that you need a refund for this transaction

Kindly understand that once a transaction has completed, we don't have the ability to cancel or refund the pledge. I hope you understand our limitations.

The only possible way to resolve the issue is by contacting the project creator and explain the situation they may be able to refund your pledge.

I do understand that this may not be the most favorable answer that you are expecting from your query. My apologies, as I couldn’t have been of more help with this situation.

Your patience and understanding in this regard is highly appreciated.

I think the only venue where we can make noise is on that KS comments page of his:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460783231/agent-88-the-web-series/comments

I see a few other backers there who have also gotten impatient.

Or maybe do it on the IMDB message boards for that piece of crap:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3278942/