UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only my opinion & I do not seek to pour gas on a fire..............

I don't think that any recent/future Minimate of any description is moulded in numbers less than 'hundreds' ,these 88s might stand a chance because they seem short on parts & heavy on paint (simply put). If they are made they will be made in sufficient numbers to cater for the fools* who supported this who will subsequently see them readily available in limited numbers rolleyes.gif ebay elsewhere.

Whether these will happen or not relies on how much integrity Digger has, NOT on DST's production schedules.

'88' 'mates are undoubtedly the worst thing I could ever associate with the hobby that has given me so much pleasure .......i just want them to go awaymad.gif

*- foolsmate

edit: just a bit of a typo .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Agreed, on all points.

Digger's assistant stated last year that the Kickstarter money had already been spent, so the only way to potentially recoup the expense of Agent 88 Minimates is to "license the rights" or produce them in sufficient numbers that they could be sold through various outlets, essentially negating the exclusivity that caused us to pledge in the first place.

Remember, at one point Digger announced that DST had secured merchandising rights, but Zach quickly stated that any/all license announcements would come from him/DST.

No matter how this plays out, I just want it over with at this point. I am long over the financial loss, I just don't want the cloud over my hobby anymore...

If they never happen, I will be glad to bury the memory...

That said, don't lie to me. I can accept that a project is troubled or even falling apart, but don't lie to me. It just shows me that you don't care and possibly think little of my intelligence.

Jiminy Christmas, YB! Did you at least get your custom personalized Minimate from Digger?

As I've said before, I think we're really looking at this from the unrealistically narrow lens of Minimates. It's frustrating/shady/intellectually dishonest/infuriating that Digger promised as an incentive something he may or may not be able to deliver in the end, but the actual goal of this Kickstarter was to produce a pilot for a web series. If you put money in with that as your goal – and by all rights, that's what it really should have been – mission accomplished. It was always precarious for us Minimate fans to get financially involved with the unspoken but perhaps unfairly implied goal of producing a series of Minimates, but if you look at the Kickstarter, all of Diggers promotion, really the vast majority of the campaign, it was always about the web series. We may have all got taken for a ride, but we more than certainly climbed onto the bus of our own accord.

Edited by Lobsterman

Hi guys. I really wish I'd found this forum before I'd spent my money on these last year.

Is anyone in Long Beach California? Because look who's attending their Comic Convention on November 23 & 24

Digger T Mesch!

http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/comic-con-guests.php

Is anyone here going, and can they ask him what's going on? Reading this thread, sounds like he's just giving people here the run-around.