UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - we know the artwork has been done, so hopefully this just means running some test-shots, paint samples and then producing the little critters.

I've ordered a pack that includes a Hoodie, Book & Minimates - but i assume they're not all produced by DST.

Does anyone know how the KickStarter rewards are usually rolled out? Will it all come in one bundle, or will i receive them in piecemeal as they are produced by the different manufacturers?

Or does it differ from campaign to campaign?

"Picked up the license." That's... an interesting way of phrasing it, I guess.

I assume then that they'll be solicited and produced like any other license, and there will be an allocation for the Kickstarter supporters. So if they solicit in, say, September, we're probably looking at a March or April release?

Mathematics were (was ?) never my strongest subject but there always seemed something distinctly odd about this whole project ......I may have mentioned this before in this thread rolleyes.gif

Now things are adding up .glare.gif

I might be wrong but.........the exclusive Minimates ( even I forget how many that ended up as ) that I paid for suddenly became run o'the mill & available to all . That's good .....truly good for anybody that actually wants them . Am I bitter? Hell no.....especially as I saw it coming .

Storytime:

When I was a boy I had an old ex-army motorbike that looked great,sounded great but was unreliable & you never knew when it would start .

The 'bike had many things in common with Agent 88 Minimates ........not least the kickstarter ...........& the fact that it would eventually take you for a ride one way or another.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Good story BHM. Amazingly fitting. I wish I had that bike now. I love the older military issues. Oddly, some of the Soviet bikes are the coolest and highly sought after.

My car is like that. It is an amazing drive, I can do anything I want to with it at any speed.

...When it runs. I always have to tinker with it, and it's to the point where I just don't trust it anymore.

Speaking of which, guess who just got towed home?

Please look for any announcements about DST licenses or products to come from DST.

Solid advice from a solid source. Thanks Zach.
Indeed!

Good story BHM. Amazingly fitting. I wish I had that bike now. I love the older military issues. Oddly, some of the Soviet bikes are the coolest and highly sought after.

BSA C15 trials post-638-0-97107800-1376344375_thumb.jpg ....& in reality mine looked very little like that beautiful bugger but note that kickstart tongue.png

I should elaborate that that was the only bike I've ever owned & but for the grace of god I ought to have been dead because of it .

I know you're interested Shane so we'll indulge ourselves with my memories ..........

I bought it for about $75 in 1971 when I was 16 , fairly cheap but it had a 'slight' leak in the gas tank.....the GRP gas tank !!!

This 'slight' leak meant f*ckall to me until I went up a hill one day flat out at 40 m.p.h. with half a tank of petrol ( gas ) ..........

'slight' leak + 'uphill' = my bollocks soaked in petrol .

I can still feel it now & that was 40 years ago sad.pngstupid.gifpinch.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate