UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

The simple truth is that Digger should be proactively communicating the status of the rewards, delays in production, updates to the Kickstarter project, etc... to ALL of the people that helped fund his project, not just replying to the single person that happens to text him. I couldn't tell you the last email I got regarding the Kickstarter project, but it had to have been months ago.

Ditto. I keep waiting for the email to confirm what credit I want on the DVD pilot I also supported. I mainly supported this for the mates, but I think the concept is creative too. I want to see the whole thing happen, even if we only see a pilot episode.

Maybe one of our archive gurus can find it, but wasn't it said that when Digger left, if he ever had a project like this, that needed Minimates, he would get them pro bono or at least cheaply produced? I think that is what is happening here. These mates are being made and passed on at, maybe below, cost as a favor to the creator of Minimates. Not as a money making venture for DST. Thus, if DST has a project from which they will make some dough, that takes precedent over Digger's project. I think that is the main reason these are getting delayed.

I cannot speak for the delay in all of the other incentives.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Archive Guru' says ..........

Dear Multiverse,

I'm online to answer questions and hopefully have you join us with AGENT 88. I'll come here as often as I can to answer any questions or try to explain what it is we're doing with Agent 88 and some of the other new projects I'm launching. I did this in the hopes that Minimates will come to an even wider audience. The project was never intended to be funded entirely with Minimates. I do not profit from this. Our mark up is LAUGHABLE by the standards of any business model.

ART ASYLUM is no longer mine but I'm proud to see what DST has done with it. We had an agreement that when the time came that I was creating new Intellectual Properties that I could have their support with MINIMATES and they've honored that now. I did this because I love MINIMATES and I want to share it, to increase the visabilty of a special brand that I created with Nelson Ascencio, Manny Jesus and the rest of the ART ASYLUM. The ART OF 88 incentive program in association with KEVIN EASTMAN ( creator of TMNT ) and HEAVY METAL magazine was leading the charge for funding and I wanted to include MINIMATES because I'm proud that it has continued on ..even after all the adversity it received during it's early years. Similar in many respects to some of the adversity I see right now. Will wonders never cease. smile.gif Haters have so much time to hate...you must all be independently wealthy. God bless you. I want to thank the open minded for their support in helping our group make this 88 Kickstarter campaign a success. I'd also like the chance to enlighten those red in the face about what's going on.

If anyone wants to speak to me directly for any reason email me your name and number to digger@digdeepentertainment.com and I'll call you back for as long as im able. Even if you want to bitch me out for trying to create change...thats fine.

Peace love and respect,

Digger

If you look at the start of the second paragraph you'll see what you (Onyx-6) perhaps refer to .....I agree to a certain extent with your thinking .

"Never look back" is perhaps a bit of a cliche but....... in my experience & I believe Digger may now agree with me...........ignore that advice at your peril .

Thank you GuruHeadsMate and Zach. But "reference?" You mean DST hasn't even gotten the design sheets that were included at the time the Kickstarter went live?

Oh boy. Maybe my faith in Digger was a bit high after all....

Thank you GuruHeadsMate and Zach. But "reference?" You mean DST hasn't even gotten the design sheets that were included at the time the Kickstarter went live?

Oh boy. Maybe my faith in Digger was a bit high after all....

DST created those design sheets. I don't believe all designs have been seen yet, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Digger's update on Agent 88 just went out:

Diamond Select Toys has confirmed that all the incentives for the MINIMATES fanbase are coming soon. We will be shipping near the end of August. We cannot express thanks enough for your patience on the MINIMATES. It’s taken way longer than any of us expected to get these out, and we are very excited to finally be shipping them in August.Â

We know it’s a long process, but all of our partners have done their part to make this happen. So, we ask that all our fans show support to the retailers that were gracious enough to order those MINIMATE bundles, and everything else - the shirts, prints, keychains…all of it. It’s taken a long time to get this stuff produced, the amount of cash that has gone towards making all the incentives is considerable and the companies like Diamond that came on to support us are doing it all for nothing.Â

Looks as if August is the new timeline given.

Ok - well, i'm happy that we've seen an update. Thanks for the info groundhog!

I expect there may still be push-backs, but just hearing that there is a new deadline being worked towards helps.

Now i've just gotta keep my eyes peeled for the Retailer Exclusive Pink Promos...

• 2 months later...

The last update on the Kickstarter page states:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHERE ARE EVERYONE'S A88 INCENTIVES?

Diamond Select Toys has confirmed that all the incentives for the MINIMATES fanbase are coming soon. We will be shipping near the end of August. We cannot express thanks enough for your patience on the MINIMATES. It’s taken way longer than any of us expected to get these out, and we are very excited to finally be shipping them in August. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will only believe any info posted by a DST representative at this point. Zach, are you please able to confirm if the Agent 88 'mates have gone into production yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody said nothin'. I actually saw Digger chatting with Chuck at the booth, but I didn't feel like ruining anyone's day by bringing it up. I'm kind of conflict-avoidant like that...

I don't blame you for not questioning him. Wouldn't be a bad idea for him to give us an update though. At this point, all the excitement for these new mates is long gone, but if he would just show us something, the excitement could return.

has there been any updates to the kickstarter? I didn't give him my money, so I wouldn't have access to the project updates (i think).

No. At least, not via Kickstarter.

Thanks Luke. You have given us much more info than Digger. I bought a bunch of exclusives from your store and I am very happy to support you. Just wish Digger would communicate with us at least a little. We really rallied to support him and then he basically disappeared for a year. I am sure it will work out fine eventually. I am probably whining too much, just been a bit cranky lately.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just got an email from Digger's second, Jan. it sounds like the pilot episode is finally done/here. CBS is airing interviews this morning and the pilot will be available on Chill.com

Supposedly, with the pilot complete, the other incentives will not be too far behind.

:fingerscrossed:

So, the pilot's up and available now according to Digger's Facebook page. But something about the Minimates still doesn't feel right to me here.

- with what Onyx_6 was told, it sounds like they are saying production on the pilot is why there was an incentive delay? The Kickstarter was for post-production on the pilot. They showed that footage was filmed in the Kickstarter page before funding was complete. So, it took 1 full year to do post-production on a 16 minute pilot, with no time being allotted to the incentives?

- screenings of Agent 88 have been listed as happening back on May 23rd on Digger's Facebook page. So, what has been going on for the past 2.5 months that they couldn't start on the other incentives? They really had to wait until it was released?

- what does Diamond have to do with the production of the pilot that they couldn't have the Minimates done by now? I've got the impression it doesn't take a full year to make Minimates, and designs were shown before the Kickstarter was over. Why does the completion of the pilot mean the Minimates won't be far behind? The two should not affect each other as far as I can tell.

At this point, I don't really believe any e-mail updates from friends of Digger, or texts to Luke from Digger, or whatever. I'm only going to believe anything Zach says about what's going on with the production.

(I want to point out to Onyx specifically that I'm not calling him out on this, he's just relaying what he was told, and I appreciate you sharing the info. I just don't know why we can't get official updates from Diamond on this.)