UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

So over on Facebook Digger has posted an image of the first Agent 88 minimate, a cool promo mate with only 400 being made and available in the gift bags at the World Versus event at SDCC this summer!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150861206367181&set=a.108434747180.106480.730402180&type=1

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collecting the giveaways is the most frustrating part of my Minimate collecting. I only ever had my hands on one Battle Beast and I gave it away as a prize. I don't have Goth Girl either. Agent 88 will no doubt show up on the bay.

Did anyone else listen to Digger's pitch for the Agent 88 project on AFI's 10th Anniversary? This. Sounds. Terrible! An old lady with dementia as a wolverine-level best killer ever? UGH! I guess this is as close as those of you wanting Golden Girls minimates might get.

BHM was spot on on his impression of Digger in another post. Digger talked me OUT of interest on this line.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, the kickstarter page is up for the Director, Producer and Creator, world renowned Artist Digger T Mesch. (No, I'm not joking.)

Check it out here. Also available are descriptions and shots of the Minimates incentives.

f8913f4dd92aadc57550132342e09ef6_large.jpg?1341882997

$28

°°°LIMITED EDITION SIGNED and NUMBERED EXCLUSIVE MINIMATE°°° - °Standard Agent 88 Minimate with Fighting Sticks - Box is Signed & Numbered by Minimate's Creator Digger T Mesch... °Key Art Turn-Around Mini-Poster Signed and Numbered by Digger and Agent 88 Actress Kay D'Arcy... PLUS - °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(88 of 88 remaining)

---

$38 +

°°°EXCLUSIVE MINIMATES 2-PACK - PACKAGE 1°°° Includes: °1-Smiling Agent 88 Minimate with Hand Guns... °1-Peter Mayhew (Star War's Chewbacca!) Minimate with Saber Cane and °A88 Eight Ball Key Chain... PLUS - °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(888 of 888 remaining)

Est. Delivery: Mar 2013

$38 +

°°°EXCLUSIVE MINIMATES 2-PACK - PACKAGE 2°°° Includes: °1-Angry Agent 88 Minimate with Tommy Gun, °1-"Mr. Finch" (Joseph Gatt - Star Trek 2013!) Minimate and °"A88 Wants You" Magnet... PLUS - °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(888 of 888 remaining)

$38 +

°°°EXCLUSIVE MINIMATES 2-PACK - PACKAGE 3°°° Includes: °1-Battle Damaged Agent 88 Minimate with AK-47, °1-"Carlos" (Carlos Gallardo-"El Mariachi!") Minimate and °Heart Shaped Dog Tags with A88 Logo. PLUS - °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(887 of 888 remaining)

$38 +

°°°EXCLUSIVE MINIMATES 2-PACK - PACKAGE 4°°° Includes: °1-Blood Drenched Agent 88 Minimate with Samuri Swords, °1-Digger T Mesch (Creator of the Minimates Toy Line!) Minimate and °Mini Poster Signed by Digger! PLUS - °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(887 of 888 remaining)

$38 +

°°°EXCLUSIVE MINIMATES 2-PACK - PACKAGE 5°°° Includes: °1-Fire Singed Agent 88 Minimate with Grenade Launcher, °1-"Mr. Bennet" (Damion Poitier- The Avenger's "Thanos!") Minimate and °A88 Decal. PLUS - °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(888 of 888 remaining)

---

$88 +

°°°MINIMATES 8 FOR 88 INCENTIVE°°° - °8 Limited Edition MiniMates... °Mini Poster Signed by Minimates Creator and A88 Director: Digger T Mesch... PLUS: °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(888 of 888 remaining)

---

$258 +

*°°*EVERYTHING HEAVY METAL and MINIMATES INCENTIVE*°°* Includes: °HEAVY METAL PRESENTS the ART of 88 - HARD COVERED EDITION... °All Ten MiniMates!... °Kickstarter Exclusive A88 T-Shirt... °HD DVD of Agent 88 Pilot... °The Swag Bag... °A88 Digital Bundle... PLUS: °Thank You in the A88 Pilot Credits° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

(86 of 88 remaining)

---

$1,088 +

°°°MINMATE of YOUR CHARACTER! EXCLUSIVE 1 of 1 MINIMATE°°° - °Designed by DIGGER and the ART ASYLUM! -Minimate Creator, Digger T Mesch will personally design you or your character as a one of a kind toy. You will receive your personal Minimate featuring 14 points of articulation... °Exclusive Key-Art Turn-Arounds of your Character... PLUS: °HD DVD of Agent 88 Pilot... °The Swag Bag... °A88 Digital Bundle... PLUS: °Thank You in the A88 Pilot Credits ∞

(4 of 5 remaining)

---

$5,088 +

°°°RETAILER EXCLUSIVE PETER MAYHEW MINIMATE°°° - °Peter Mayhew is known for his role as Chewbacca in Star Wars - This will mark the debut of an action figure of any kind based on The Man, The Myth and most certainly The Mountain! This Exclusive includes 1000 MiniMates 2-Packs teaming up Peter with Agent 88. Set to be in the upcoming Agent 88 Web Series Peter will be dressed in his A88 costume and will carry a Saber Cane! ∞

(2 of 2 remaining)

It seems to me that it would be cheaper to order the wave (4 two packs) for $88, and then order the remaining 2 pack for $38. You'd also need the single boxed Agent88 for $28. So assuming it works out right (and I'm not saying it would. They could send you 4 of the same packs), you could get out the door with all 11 Minimates for $154. That doesn't count "OMG! Looks kids! You As A Minimate! :woot: " or the 1000 Peter Mayhew 2 packs. Which actually come out to be about $5 a pop. You could buy those and resell them on ebay for $20 with free shipping and come out ahead. Man, which I had $10k to do that with... >.>

But essentially it's $154 for 6 versions of an old woman. That none of us care about. <_<

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Good for Digger! Great to see he's still invested in Minimates as a brand while continuing his other artistic pursuits. My only criticism of the Kickstarter page is that there are too many rewards - if it was limited to 7 or 8 options it would be easier to navigate.

EDIT - Just sent a question to the Kickstarter page if they would consider offering a 'Minimates-only' reward. The show itself seems pretty cool and I'd definitely support it if I could snag all of the Minimates they're offering.

EDIT #2 - I'm an idiot - I just saw that you can get all 10 for $258 and 8 of the 10 for $88...

Edited by Fujis

So people can buy custom bobble heads now for like $100.....imagine buying custom minimate from the folks that make em? They should offer that deal on their site. Say like $300 for a custom minimate of you in packaging. I'd but that for a dollar....rather 300.

Kickstarter is a fundraising campaign. You "promise" to contribute a set amount, but you are ONLY charged if the goal is met within the allotted time frame. In this case, they are trying to raise $88,000 by August 8th. If they don't hit the goal, then basically it wasn't successful and your credit card isn't charged for your "promise". This also means the Minimates may not make it into production.

Not sure which set is the best, I started to scroll through the list and then zoned out like Homer...

drooling-homer.gif