UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the compliments gang! I'm closer than I've been in years of actually being able to put some serious time back into customizing, and very excited by this, as i have so many ideas I'm wanting to do, plus some that some folks have been waiting very patiently for!

I am 100% going to do the Spirit of '76, and a laundry list of golden age stuff and classic tv stuff.

I figured I'd put up my entry for the Ant-Man contest here, as well as the actual photo i took to make it. Plus, my son's entry, which i personally love!

my entry...

post-21-0-00302100-1436977153_thumb.jpg

original photo

post-21-0-60015100-1436977172_thumb.jpg

My son's entry

post-21-0-23563500-1436977215_thumb.jpg

Hope you all enjoy, thanks for looking. If anyone is interested, i can post some of the other shots that didn't quite work out the way i wanted them to, all part of Ant-Man's vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys... So, I've had this guy done for probably 3 years at this point... I always meant to replace the gloves and boots with paint, they were only ever supposed to be placeholders, and I wanted to reprint the emblem to match the red. I have a dfferent hair as well (peter parker's hair from the amazing spiderman movies) Well, considering none of that ever happened, and not sure when i'll get to it now, I figured I'd post this guy up. Captain Atom is a big favorite of mine, and wish he would have been done officially, but since I doubt that will ever happen (especially not chromed), I figured I'd share this now... better late than never huh?!?!?

Captain Atom, in all his shiny goodness!

post-21-0-23616000-1438258237_thumb.jpg

Sweet! I need to find my chromed Silver Surfer ASAP!

Wha?! splode.gifsplode.gif

I'm taking that as, Officially released chromed minimates. Why didnt we see these at SDCC?? nevertheless, cant wait to get them. are they are going to be sold at TRU and comic store? or Just TRU exclusives?

Edited by Ninja Mate

A chromed Surfer would be pretty damn cool.

I couldn't agree more! I'm pretty sure I posted this a few pages back, but I'm too lazy to even check my own thread, lol.

post-21-0-57760900-1438348150_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I'm actually in the process of redoing my whole work area in my house with full intent on coming back strong with new creations, both lego and minimates related, with the help of my apprentice (my very talented 6 year old son :-) )

Keep your eyes peeled for more nerv and lil' nerv creations!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gang, I have a long overdue update, as well as a group shot of all of my Golden Age Heroes I've done so far (minus the two that were sold off in the charitymates auction). I have three others in the works right now, and plans to do at least two more after that.

First up, an update to my Buzz Lightyear custom. I was given these killer test tubes by a very generous member here, and after some careful cutting I have my clear dome, so Buzz can finally breathe while he's on his outer space adventures!

post-21-0-37509800-1439389293_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-24114600-1439389309_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-79879800-1439389321_thumb.jpg

Next up, my golden age heroes.

The American Crusader, Pyroman, The Black Terror, The Original Daredevil, and The Fighting Yank.

I have The Green Lama, Man of War, and Hydroman.

post-21-0-89737100-1439389717_thumb.jpg

As always, thanks for looking!

Your Pal, Nerv.