UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

I have been experimenting with different techniques to make a dome for Buzz.

I love this interpretation of Buzz!

What about cutting a thin piece of clear (or lightly tinted blue?) plastic to fit the opening of the current helmet, so it curves with the existing shape and looks like it is all one piece? Alternatively, if you found a piece of plastic thin enough, you could just slip it between the head and the helmet.

If you're truly going for the dome look, maybe something like a small plastic toy capsule could be modified to work?

plastic_capsules_for_vending_machines.jp

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Happy New Year guys and gals!!! After a very tough and long 2014 I'm hoping this year will be funfilled and back to normal. So what better way to start than with a few new customs...

I hope to be back on track with customs, and hope to see more folks doing customs this year!

Here's the first of many, what better way to ram the doors open on 2015 than one of my favorite Masters of the Universe,

"Ram Man"

I totally got the inspiration from Hellpop for the parts use on this guy, with a few little twists of my own. I think we even spotted an omega red while hunting for mates one day. Almost a year later, here he is-

post-21-0-92279300-1420132270_thumb.jpg

Hope you guys like him, more to come over the next few days.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, here's a few somewhat recent customs.

My main marvel want is this version of Genis-Vell. Truly a labor of love waiting for all the right parts (only missing a gun) and finding the right finish for him. This is a cosmic chrome finish done by the same guy who does my chroming for me. There is tiny specks of metal in the coating that change color when moving the mate around, very tough to photograph. A turnstile type turnaround vid/gif would give best Idea of what's going on, very cool effect.

post-21-0-05924300-1427116270_thumb.jpg

Next is an updated Flint, from GI Joe. Been waiting two years for his straps, lol. I'm going to change his arms to rolled up short sleeves, but didn't have any nearby when making him. I wish we'd get some joe mates in the future, but doubt it'll ever happen.

post-21-0-90956000-1427116310_thumb.jpg

And lastly is just a quick custom. I was going to use him for the st. Patrick's day contest, but couldn't find it. Here's the Green Plantern!

post-21-0-58711900-1427116292_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking! Your pal, Nerv

Next is an updated Flint, from GI Joe. Been waiting two years for his straps, lol. I'm going to change his arms to rolled up short sleeves, but didn't have any nearby when making him. I wish we'd get some joe mates in the future, but doubt it'll ever happen.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

CPBviU3.gif

• 3 months later...

Hey Gang... I don't think i ever posted this one here, so figured the 4th of July weekend would be appropriate. Not happy with the lighting shining off his emblem, so i may retake some pics at another time and repost, or a group shot of all the golden age heroes i've done so far.

Happy Holiday, from the American Crusader!

post-21-0-27300700-1435852900_thumb.jpg

Cant believe I've missed that Fighting Yank custom. I'm a big fan of the project superpowers series by dynamite comics so that one, Death Defying Devil an American Crusader are right up my street.

Now You nailed the Yank how about Spirit of 76 and the Crusaders (One of my Marvel big wants that will never happen)